players can't ride their deployed bikes, deploy anything

DangerRuss

Question

Using the deploy anything script for right click deploy bicycle. Everything appears to work fine. Bike spawns and players get on the bike, except the bike won't move...  As an admin I dont have this problem, so somehow the anithack is blocking regular players from riding the bike. The bike is listed as safe in my variables.sqf, and the deploy anything script is supposed to make it safe as well. I have vehicle checks turned off on my antihack.. so Im pretty stumped. I never had this problem when I used maca's right click system, but the deploy bike script ont he deploy anything is so much better.

17 answers to this question

so disabling the enableSimulation didnt get any results, hm!?

Is it completly random or has it some specific conditions to appear?

Are you able to ride the bikes, that wont move on normal players?

I actually dont know if it works or not. At first I thought it broke the script but that was just me missing a comma in an array :)  ... its really random and only effects some players and not all of the time.. can't recreate the issue. I have been busy with work and unable to check if it's still an issue.

class ItemToolbox {
		class DeployBike {
			text = "Deploy Bike";
			script = "execVM 'custom\deploy.sqf'";
		};
	};
if (false) then { 
    cutText [format["You are in combat and cannot build a bike."], "PLAIN DOWN"];
} else {
	player removeAction s_player_deploybike;
	closeDialog 602;
	player removeWeapon "ItemToolbox";
	player playActionNow "Medic";
	r_interrupt = false;
	_dis=10;
	_sfx = "repair";
	[player,_sfx,0,false,_dis] call dayz_zombieSpeak;
	[player,_dis,true,(getPosATL player)] spawn player_alertZombies;

sleep 6;

_object = "MMT_Civ" createVehicle (position player);
	_object setVariable ["ObjectID", "1", true];
	_object setVariable ["ObjectUID", "1", true];

player reveal _object;

cutText [format["You've used your toolbox to build a bike! How magical!"], "PLAIN DOWN"];

r_interrupt = false;
	player switchMove "";
	player playActionNow "stop";

sleep 10;

cutText [format["Warning: Spawned bikes DO NOT SAVE after server restart!"], "PLAIN DOWN"];

};
//bike deploy script by Player2 - OpenDayz Release Coming Soon!

Thats the extra_rc and deploy.sqf I've been using for about a year now without any issues. Of course the bike still needs to added in the safe vehicles in the variables.sqf. Credits to Player2 for the deploy.

class ItemToolbox {
		class DeployBike {
			text = "Deploy Bike";
			script = "execVM 'custom\deploy.sqf'";
		};
	};
if (false) then { 
    cutText [format["You are in combat and cannot build a bike."], "PLAIN DOWN"];
} else {
	player removeAction s_player_deploybike;
	closeDialog 602;
	player removeWeapon "ItemToolbox";
	player playActionNow "Medic";
	r_interrupt = false;
	_dis=10;
	_sfx = "repair";
	[player,_sfx,0,false,_dis] call dayz_zombieSpeak;
	[player,_dis,true,(getPosATL player)] spawn player_alertZombies;

sleep 6;

_object = "MMT_Civ" createVehicle (position player);
	_object setVariable ["ObjectID", "1", true];
	_object setVariable ["ObjectUID", "1", true];

player reveal _object;

cutText [format["You've used your toolbox to build a bike! How magical!"], "PLAIN DOWN"];

r_interrupt = false;
	player switchMove "";
	player playActionNow "stop";

sleep 10;

cutText [format["Warning: Spawned bikes DO NOT SAVE after server restart!"], "PLAIN DOWN"];

};
//bike deploy script by Player2 - OpenDayz Release Coming Soon!

Thats the extra_rc and deploy.sqf I've been using for about a year now without any issues. Of course the bike still needs to added in the safe vehicles in the variables.sqf. Credits to Player2 for the deploy.

Thanks I have several deploy scripts already but Im using the deploy anything which incorporates all of my deploy scripts into one mod. There's just this one little bug with it. I haven't heard anymore feedback regarding the issue because it's been a busy week at work.

By any chance does it spawn it at [0,0,0] then setPos it to ure location? I had a similar problem, players with lower fps so that the bike was able to take damage at [0,0,0] before it was teleported to them.

I dont think it works like that but Im not sure. You can always check out the code yourself in the deploy anything script. I think I might have found the solution as Schwede mentioned it was probably being caused by a setsimulation false block of code which I just commented out. Seems to be fine. Hard to tell since it was so random.

I've had this issue as well, it appears that it works mainly when deployed on a road. Deploying in grass sometimes bugs out the bike. I would set up a server message that says to do so.

I dont think thats related at all in this case. Im going to redirect this thread to here

We've made a lot of progress on this bug in that thread.

I dont think it works like that but Im not sure. You can always check out the code yourself in the deploy anything script. I think I might have found the solution as Schwede mentioned it was probably being caused by a setsimulation false block of code which I just commented out. Seems to be fine. Hard to tell since it was so random.

Just checked for you and it does work like that:

_location = [0,0,0];
    _object = createVehicle [_classname, _location, [], 0, "CAN_COLLIDE"];

If you still experience the problem you know why.

Just checked for you and it does work like that:

_location = [0,0,0];
    _object = createVehicle [_classname, _location, [], 0, "CAN_COLLIDE"];

If you still experience the problem you know why.

OK. I still dont understand how that would be relevant. The bikes aren't taking damage. They're unrideable (sometimes)

OK. I still dont understand how that would be relevant. The bikes aren't taking damage. They're unrideable (sometimes)

The bike spawns at [0,0,0] which is in water. For people who have low fps, spawning the bike at [0,0,0] then teleporting it to player position, in scheduled environment gives enough time for the bike to take damage. Although the bike says it is intact, it isn't. This is all theory which I presume to be correct as I had the exact same problem. I had players complaining that the bikes weren't working all the time, but I never had a problem. I on the other hand have a good PC whereas all my players wont. As soon as I changed it from spawning at [0,0,0] the problem was fixed.

The bike spawns at [0,0,0] which is in water. For people who have low fps, spawning the bike at [0,0,0] then teleporting it to player position, in scheduled environment gives enough time for the bike to take damage. Although the bike says it is intact, it isn't. This is all theory which I presume to be correct as I had the exact same problem. I had players complaining that the bikes weren't working all the time, but I never had a problem. I on the other hand have a good PC whereas all my players wont. As soon as I changed it from spawning at [0,0,0] the problem was fixed.

hm interesting!

I can confirm that this also worked for me. I had a few players that were always unable to ride their deployed bikes, changing from spawning the bike at 0,0,0 fixed it for every one of them. Thanks Mikeeeyy!