Lockboxes require a jammer?

Snail

Is this intended? Half the utility of a lockbox is that I can place it hidden away from jammers and bases and whatnot.

I understood that OP was talking .3 but wonder if 1Man and DayZvet really did.

Snail is who i was replying to as he asked a question about the current version as there is no point asking that about .3 as its already there in the changelog for people to know

Unless I missed it, there is no entry in the changelog that states a lockbox now requires a jammer, however it does state that any building requires a jammer by default.  As far as I know the only thing that does not require a jammer to build is a fireplace.   

I think lockboxes should not require a jammer...I mean that's were mose players store stuff to build a jammer most of the time....I haven't tested teepees yet but I assume they are bound by the same rules as the jammer.

Yes this is talking 0.3

Snail is who i was replying to as he asked a question about the current version as there is no point asking that about .3 as its already there in the changelog for people to know

As Osirus said, there is no specific mention of lockboxes needing a jammer in the 0.3 changelog, and I was indeed asking in regard to 0.3.

Further, in the current version, 0.2.5.2, lack of a jammer does not let anyone open a lockbox.

I think there should be a way to get access to someones lockbox but it should be made very difficult. Maybe an Extremely rare hotwire kit that is a single use item, can be used with a 40% chance of success on lockboxes and 100% chance on vehicles?

That way if you raid somebodies base you have the choice, use the hotwire kit on one of heir vehicles or risk a 40% chance on their lockbox. Otherwise players will continually just hoard shit in lockboxes and risk nothing when they are raided.

I agree, lockboxes should NOT require a jammer to place in 0.3.0 and beyond.   Nor should anyone outside the group be able to unlock them, let's not bring griefing peoples bases to a whole new level. 

if i see one in a base i just shoot them till they blow up, witch dont take long

if i see one in a base i just shoot them till they blow up, witch dont take long

I did this yesterday, we raided our first ever base successfully and they had pretty shit items to loot so i unloaded on the lockbox. I felt so unbelievably guilty I wanted to take it all back lol.. I felt as though I had robbed an old lady. These guys had very little in their tipi tents, and their base was built beautifully. I almost want to go back and give them ourlock box and say sorry lol.

But then I think to myself, these same guys could one day do the same thing to me and be complete dicks about it so fuck em. Its ARMA. All is fair in love and war. 

I did this yesterday, we raided our first ever base successfully and they had pretty shit items to loot so i unloaded on the lockbox. I felt so unbelievably guilty I wanted to take it all back lol.. I felt as though I had robbed an old lady. These guys had very little in their tipi tents, and their base was built beautifully. I almost want to go back and give them ourlock box and say sorry lol.

But then I think to myself, these same guys could one day do the same thing to me and be complete dicks about it so fuck em. Its ARMA. All is fair in love and war. 

That put a smile on my already happy face!

As many mentioned already, lockbox should never require a jammer. Lockbox'es sole porpuse is to hide it and be maximal protection against other people. Otherwise what's the point of lockbox over a shelf kit or tipi if it requires a jammer. And also I think tipi should not require jammer either, as they are newbies first place to store their loot.

Seems like a cheap way to counter "lockbox simulator 2015" spam. They need to make this a very rare loot instead. One thing I need to know is, am I going to have move my boxes of loot that are built away from my base because they will become unlockable-to-all ?

At first I was thinking we would see Plot pole spam because of this but they are also implementing a Plot pole limit too I believe ?