[SUGGESTION] Base power and lights

Dwarfer

Hi Dev’s,

Just a couple of ideas for you.

Power:

Can we have something that generates power within our own bases, something like the Solar Panel that can be built from X and Y.  This could then recharge players power maybe slower than the big turbines?.

Lighting:

I think I can say from most player can we get some ability to build lights in our bases. Maybe tie this into having to have a power source (see above) or use the solar lamp from within the game, buildable by X and Y.

2015-03-05_00001.jpg

Land_SolarPanel_1_F / Land_LampSolar_F

Maybe even have the lights tied to the "Plot Pole" and then the generators give power to that.. so for example.

Two solar panels with 10w of power each give the Plot Pole 20w of power. each light for example could  then have 5w assigned to it. so 4 lights all OK. Build a 5th one and none light due to overload.

Just an idea :-)

I think this is a perfect idea. 

Recently I have been playing a lot of space engineers and they have a cool system where you have a power generator in which you need to feed fuel to. This connected to the base pieces provides power to the base (Ship). You can then go around and place lights anywhere on walls or floors and they will be illuminated. 

I wouldn't mind seeing something like this implemented into Epoch. Several options, solar lights like you suggested, but as well a power generator that can be crafted and maintained. In turn, be somehow connected to base (via built on floor piece) and working as a linkage system, power any piece attached to it. Being able to craft lights to put on walls, or light stands to place. 

kinda went off there, but ya i like your idea. 

This was semi-introduced in A2 DayZ Epoch from memory they had power generators that you could find as loot, you could also use a document recipe to make a fuel pump to have at your base. I like these ideas.

I also think making a first aid box/medic bed could be handy - Maybe per restart you can use it to heal yourself, after restart it gets refreshed? Or maybe you need another player within 5m of you to activate a heal?

There's so many things that can be added to base building... Time will tell if the dev's intend on exploring those options sooner rather than later

We actually had a discussion about this within our group, I like this idea a lot. :) When there's power, there could be spotlights or just lights around the premices that take x amount of energy, which needs to be within the generators energy generation. Would make bases a lot more dynamic.

Awesome idea like I said :)

• 2 weeks later...