Banking system currently sux

iRAGE

The Over part originated from Overwatch, it brought in extra guns and some new vehicles, so when Epoch is used with the @mas gun pack the term stuck, i suppose it makes sense, what else could you call the hybrid ?

Epoch with extra weapons. I mean call it whatever you want I guess. We can play Epoch with a sound mod and call it KILLPOCH because that'll sell. Add a planes addon and call it Sexpoch! Don't mind me, I just felt it looked that ridiculous when I saw it popping up on A3.

It works fine.

Not sure why it has to take forever.

It must be on a dial-up modem with speeds of 1200 baud.

That was my 2 bits about the original posters comments but I see the thread has now shifted to weapons.

Funny how that always seems to happen.

Aye this now seems to be the "why Overpoch" thread.  Let me just say, I've had no failed transactions since someone posted that moving the mouse makes it failed so thanks for that, but I still think the system needs tweaking to remove this and bring times down a bit.

As for overpoch that is defo the most popular mod combo now and of course, not possible without epoch as the base mod.

Never had a prob at bank.

overpoch is popular due to several factors;

Only requires 2 extra small mods.

initial population rocketed as the name suggested an a3 version of overpoch so people gunna check it out and then more people gunna join the busy server.

There are players... lots...

more guns for pvp. Cmon no one likes a3 stock...

more loot (or the illusion thereof)

Sure anyone can do these things but they were first ans so they have the player base.

Once epoch fills out at beta im sure things will change.

trails of thought

My point is that there isn't even an Overwatch mod for Arma 3. It's just epoch with a little added content from other mods that have nothing to do with either mod. It's kinda taking credit away from the content creators for the sake of a fad that got popular toward the end of DayZ Epoch's popularity. I just think its a tad silly and even disrespectful. But it's whatever, server owners are going to do whatever they want with free content. Besides, not the topic, continue on.

You can see it in server pbo - there's a microgremlin ai definition behind each atm and phone.

Every time a player deposit krypto, microgremlin in charge of that atm/phone branch manually run to the central bank, hand over the krypto and run back to repeat the cycle.

Obviously more krypto mean multiple runs.

It's crazy 2035 tech, they run really fast but still more money means more trips hence the extended wait.

Now, normally microgremlin should successfully deliver the krypto and come back however one in a thousand you end up with a dodgy microgremlin they just disappear with your money hence the reported issues. It's very rare though as microgremlins are handpicked by awol and axe.

New version 0.3.0 is introducing quadcore microgremlins so xfer speed should be about 4 times faster.

Thank you

You can see it in server pbo - there's a microgremlin ai definition behind each atm and phone.

Every time a player deposit krypto, microgremlin in charge of that atm/phone branch manually run to the central bank, hand over the krypto and run back to repeat the cycle.

Obviously more krypto mean multiple runs.

It's crazy 2035 tech, they run really fast but still more money means more trips hence the extended wait.

Now, normally microgremlin should successfully delivery the krypto and come back however one in a thousand you end up with a dodgy microgremlin they just disappear with your money hence the reported issues. It's very rare though as microgremlins are handpicked by awol and axe.

New version 0.3.0 is introducing quadcore microgremlins so xfer speed should be about 4 times faster.

Thank you

That would explain it.

I think the wait time should be the same regardless of how much money you deposit. Not only would it simplify code and make more sense logically speaking, but you would know what to expect when depositing your money. It will change how much money people are depositing and withdrawing. Patterns will change, how much money people have on them before depositing, etc. It shouldn't take a ridiculous amount of time either way IMHO, but I do like that there is a wait time unlike life mods where transactions are immediate.

The timer is to induce PvP & introduce risk. Everyone wants to be invincible, indestructible, and instantaneous, but where's the fun in that?

Yeah, doesn't mean they gotsta be changing the timer on it though. A lot of people make bank by hanging around spawn and selling shit and depositing it little by little. They don't really care that much if they get shot because they're not really losing much and they're near spawn. If they have to wait a certain time regardless, it can change their looting/trading/banking behavior. Then again, they'll probably just get on the forums and bitch about it.