Banking system currently sux

iRAGE

I couldn't find a thread about this or other posts referring to the banking system being a little lame so I thought I'd let off some steam...

Banking system is FUBAR. 

1. You have to make tiny deposits/withdrawals other wise it takes all day to complete.

2. Most of the time deposits and withdrawals fails meaning you have to keep repeating the process over and over.

3. 400+ Krypto depo's / withdrawals seem to be unsuccessful every time.

It just feels so time consuming and full of RNG... Depo 300 krypto, wait 2 minutes then get a 10% chance of successful transaction (which more often than not, fails). So aside from the lacking building system that needs more meat, the banking system is the main thing that peeves me off. 

Have I missed something ? or is this actually being worked on for improvement ?

Cheers

i

Deposits, transfers, and withdraws always work for me 100% of the time you just cannot breath on your mouse until its finished.  I do agree on the time the transfer takes is ridiculous and needs to be lowered allot or removed.

You haven't missed anything and it is being worked on a lot. Please remember we are only 30% into the Alpha. We haven't even hit beta stage yet.

Thanks, I appreciate the time and effort you guys put into this because if it wasn't for this mod I wouldn't of even bought A3, which speaks volumes. I guess I just didn't want this aspect to be over look so that is good to hear.

@ Geno, I can understand some waiting time because using atm's and banker npcs should have some risk involved. I have played on a number of servers and for me it barely works.

Ive had no complaints or problems on our server, ive never had a transfer not complete and ive transfered 3000+ a couple of times. 

Im glad to hear they are looking at it though, but I think its not as general a problem as you would like to make it. 

I often take 5 mins to enter 4 numbers and type in a value then withdraw in the real world, so i can see how it would take that, plus longer in the realm of Arma 3. (yes this is sarcasm) usually it takes me about 30-60 seconds. (depending on machine)

It works absolutly without any problem and I like it like it is, it takes time to deposit, it should be a challange to use the ATM, not like in Altis, where it takes a millisecond.

It has nothing to do with the database, the DB doesn't care if you transfer 1 oder 1000 krypto.

I used the ATMs dozen times, also with values with couple 1000 krypto.

The larger the amount the longer it takes. It fails if you move or move the mouse. I think the time it takes to deposit or withdraw should be reduced  if we cant be aware of our surroundings whilst depositing ( because if we move the transfer fails ) then there is no point in banking in a highly populated server or with AI in towns, a sapper once killed me because i couldn't hear him ( he made no sound and this his frequent in 2.5.*) and when i heard the footsteps was too late.

I'm sure the dev team is working on this, it clearly needs some attention.

Well I'm not making it up. There is a problem with time of deposits and failing (nice to know the moving the mouse is a cause). I pay on a number of well known servers and its the same on each.

I'm kind of surprised how few people see an issue with this system. As one of mod team said, they are working on it, so.. good :)

Where are the banks on the Chernarus map?

You use payphones, there's 3 in Cherno alone, 1 is at the town hall, 1 is at the train station and the other outside the hospital.

Others are dotted round the map, usually on key buildings like supermarkets etc

I also have never had an issue with this working.  The long wait times always added a layer of intensity, especially if playing alone, as I feared AI or player attack.  However, I have noticed several servers now place an ATM and/or phone at spawn locations anyway....and that takes care of any concerns.  In fact, they should just be part of every spawn area in the future....just a thought....

I also have never had an issue with this working.  The long wait times always added a layer of intensity, especially if playing alone, as I feared AI or player attack.  However, I have noticed several servers now place an ATM and/or phone at spawn locations anyway....and that takes care of any concerns.  In fact, they should just be part of every spawn area in the future....just a thought....

NO

spawn area = trader = no fear = never losing money = i could just play cod and minecraft instead.

Yeah thats just ridiculous Overpoch shit.. Easy street nothing to lose boring gameplay.. 

The term Overpoch is epoch + extra kind of guns/vehicles.

I don't see a link to this matter.

You might had bad experience with servers that spawn too much loot? 

The term Overpoch is epoch + extra kind of guns/vehicles.

I don't see a link to this matter.

You might had bad experience with servers that spawn too much loot?

Overpoch = Epoch + Over watch which were two Arma 2 mods so it's pretty pathetic that these new servers are trying to draw players in simply by using this term.

As for transactions failing, either it's something the client side or player is interfering somehow or the server itself is causing it due to sucky performance, which wouldn't be a shock at all.

Overpoch = Epoch + Over watch which were two Arma 2 mods so it's pretty pathetic that these new servers are trying to draw players in simply by using this term.

The Over part originated from Overwatch, it brought in extra guns and some new vehicles, so when Epoch is used with the @mas gun pack the term stuck, i suppose it makes sense, what else could you call the hybrid ?