[Suggestion] Make lockboxes lockpicked / destroyable

Naehar

I've been loving the Epoch mod so far for Arma3, but the only thing lacking is depth for the "base raiding". It seems kinda redundant to blow up someone's or some groups base and not gain anything from it. Would be awesome to see this for 0.3.

The idea behind it would be similiar to the Arma 2 version, with keys, of course there could be something else, for example;

-Lockpicks, takes time but opens it, and enables you after lockbox has been emptied to pack it up, and use it yourself.

-Drill, drill the lockboxes lock to enable you to open it, makes it useless afterwards, but you'll get the hidden loot inside.

- Good old fashioned elbow grease and a chainsaw/some other tool, completely destroys the lockbox, revealing say ~50% (randomized) of the loot due to the fact that you aren't that careful and some of it has been broken. Would be awesome for new starting players who're looking to get on their feet and find these random lockboxes in the world with a chainsaw in hand.

This would make the base building and base raiding more fulfilling, making these "unraidable bases" happen in servers, see peoples imaginations run wild when they try to hide their precious lockboxes.

Lockboxes are destructible right now.

The lock pick idea is good and could be used in several different areas.

Care to shed some light on how the lockboxes can be destroyed and will the loot be spawned on the ground after the destruction? Because right now, base raiding is redundant, thus came the idea :)

Good to see some positive feedback, I'm sure we can get ideas rolling on this thread about how it'll actually work, or atleast the devs would consider it :)

You can destroy a lockbox by unloading lynx or zafir rounds into it until it blows up, all items inside will get destroyed too. It is simply a troll thing to do and frowned upon and I THINK it should be removed/fixed because those things are rare as fuck to find and id be pissed if someone trolled me for no good reason just because it was easy for them to do so

You can destroy a lockbox by unloading lynx or zafir rounds into it until it blows up, all items inside will get destroyed too. It is simply a troll thing to do and frowned upon and I THINK it should be removed/fixed because those things are rare as fuck to find and id be pissed if someone trolled me for no good reason just because it was easy for them to do so

In the v0.3 Lockboxes are more abundant. In the future of Epoch, i see lockboxes being just a side storage. I believe more and better storage devices will come ;)

In the v0.3 Lockboxes are more abundant. In the future of Epoch, i see lockboxes being just a side storage. I believe more and better storage devices will come ;)

Good news indeed, I hope the lockpick functionality will be added as well :)

• 2 weeks later...

I've been loving the Epoch mod so far for Arma3, but the only thing lacking is depth for the "base raiding". It seems kinda redundant to blow up someone's or some groups base and not gain anything from it. Would be awesome to see this for 0.3.

The idea behind it would be similiar to the Arma 2 version, with keys, of course there could be something else, for example;

-Lockpicks, takes time but opens it, and enables you after lockbox has been emptied to pack it up, and use it yourself.

-Drill, drill the lockboxes lock to enable you to open it, makes it useless afterwards, but you'll get the hidden loot inside.

- Good old fashioned elbow grease and a chainsaw/some other tool, completely destroys the lockbox, revealing say ~50% (randomized) of the loot due to the fact that you aren't that careful and some of it has been broken. Would be awesome for new starting players who're looking to get on their feet and find these random lockboxes in the world with a chainsaw in hand.

This would make the base building and base raiding more fulfilling, making these "unraidable bases" happen in servers, see peoples imaginations run wild when they try to hide their precious lockboxes.

• Lockboxes are destructible already
  • Very few(probably no one but a few lone wolves)keep all their stuff in lockboxes because they have very low storage capacity and are buggy/ a PITA to deal with. So your point about "not getting anything" from a base raid is just false in the vast majority of cases. 
  • If you want to grief people to the max by 100% removing/destroying everything they have. Hey, good for you, that's your prerogative, but there's nothing wrong with giving people a very limited and semi-secure storage solution, to combat that kind of griefing/gameplay. That is exactly what lockboxes are now, since like we have pointed out, they are already destructible and quite limited in capacity and ease of use.
  • A balanced game will have a middle ground between 100% griefing and 100% security from player attack. We're already right in the middle with destructible bases, destructible lockboxes, and no 100% secure method of storage. If you insist on tipping the scale over to zero security from any kind of attack vector you risk imbalancing the gameplay too much.
  • I'll totally admit that lockpicking is a neat idea. But neat idea's aren't automatically all good for gameplay and game balance. You need look no further than DayZ Standalone for evidence of that lol.

Yeah, should be remote/mobile storage, shouldn't be tied to frequency jammer.