[FORM] The status of Epoch development

Tobias Solem

At the end of the day I trust AWOL and team.  Keep in mind that these are the guys responsible for A2 Epoch, one of the most successful mods for Arma 2/DayZ.  They've shown talent and dedication throughout the last few years, why should we start doubting them now?  Past performance is a powerful indicator for future success, and if the end product is anything like what we ended up with on A2 Epoch then I'm more than happy to let them do their work and be along for the ride.  You have to remember that with A2 Epoch they were working on a mod of a mod.  They were greatly limited in what they could even do because of licensing restrictions.  With A3 Epoch they are starting from the ground up so they can do things the right way.  They're also making all their own assets, which takes a good deal of time.  If you have any doubts about that, just sit and watch Kiory or Sequisha when they're streaming their model making sessions.  Trust me when I say you will gain a profound appreciation for everything you see and interact with in game.   

Every community is doing to do what they feel is in their best interests to keep their servers going.  Folks like CCG and MGT have the people and the know-how to do custom stuff beyond what other communities are doing.  That might make some of the rest of us a little salty as we sit with our mostly empty servers, but let's call a spade a spade....if we had to ability to do those same things I'd be willing to wager that many of us would.  I know I would, but alas, my knowledge is limited, so I do what I can and I'm ok with that.  With the update AWOL posted today about the coming update it looks like we server owners are going to get a lot of the added control we have been asking for.  I believe that we will see communities start to edit things according to the desires of their player base, which is where some communities will start to grow and others will fade away as some admins are able to stay on top of things and others can't.  

Anywho, getting back on point.....Feedback is always welcome and encouraged.  All we can do is continue the testing and keep that passionate feedback coming.  We will get there eventually.