New server help

Testo

Question

Hello there, me and my friend tried to setup a server for us to learn stuff and things before we jump in some action. I do have experience with arma 2 epoch servers so process of setting things up was fairly easy, easier than setting up arma 2 epoch server if i may. Anyway everything goes well, we can log in, we can loot and stuff but after a while strange thing happens. Everything we try to loot as in put inside of a bag, put on clothes or anything, it just vanishes instead of moving to desired location. We tried both on his computer and mine and it happens on both. I tried searching about but couldn't find anything, maybe im just blind and this is simple fix mentioned 100times all over the place but my nonnative english skills couldn't find anything. So please, if anybody have idea whats up i would appreciate some help. Im sorry if its in wrong section but i couldn't come up with better place to put it

24 answers to this question

You need to set up a database. I reccomend using XXAMP. Google it.

If you need help let me know.

I thought they have some stand-alone database. i thought i would run that redist thing and be done with, i feel dumb now. Thanks a lot. I'll give it a shot immediately.

Oh shit, I thought you were talking about Arma 2 Epoch. Honestly I don't know the specifics on A3 Epoch. Although, I'm sure you need to create a database, configure the database tables then link your server files to your data base via some cfg file. Just trying searching on Youtube or waiting for someone else to respond on here who has more experince with A3 Epoch. My apologizes.

Testo I can help you out buddy. But as of right now arma 3 has released an update to 1.40 and epoch devs have not supported this build in the 2.5.2 build . You might have to wait until .3 is released. But the how to is in the readme of the server files .. 

1. Remove any previous @Epoch folders and Install A3 Epoch client files (@Epoch) into Arma3 root directory.
2. Remove any previous @EpochHive folder and copy all server files from zip into Arma3 root directory. 
3. Open "DB" folder and start redis-server.exe with the parameter "redis.conf" or use start-redis.cmd. (Only one redis instance is needed per box, All servers connecting to the same redis will share character data by default.)
4. Open @EpochHive folder and edit EpochServer.ini BattlEyePath to match your server path to Battleye.
5. If running multiple servers on the same box, open "@EpochHive" folder and edit the "EpochServer.ini" setting "InstanceID" to a unique string for each A3 Epoch server.
6. Open "SC" folder and edit the config.cfg server name, password, etc.
7. Open the SC/Battleye folder and rename example-BEServer.cfg to BEServer.cfg and change the RConPassword.
7. Look at the "start-A3-cmd-line-example.txt" file for an example command line for starting your server.

Look in your rpt file and see if your server is putting out some errors. when you restart your server it will create a new rpt file look for the newest one. if you see some errors post your file. ;)

Your errors are with the LSpawner script, check each line it mentions, you have invalid entries or typos.

Thanks, i'll have a look. Thats what happens when people post broken scripts around :P i allready fixed about 5 typos in there to make it at least start spawning loot

Thanks, i'll have a look. Thats what happens when people post broken scripts around :P i allready fixed about 5 typos in there to make it at least start spawning loot

Mine works fine but i grabbed it direct from Armaholic before others touched it.

It's always better to do things yourself :)