[Server Addon] ZCP - Zupa's Capture Points 2.0 Updated for Epoch 0.3

Zupa

@Zupa I seem to have a problem with capture points overlapping on Altis / also seem to be spawning near with each other. Static capture points are disabled.

Try lowering the elevation level and distance to objects in the findposition funtion. 

@Zupa I'm presuming in the fn_findPosition.sqf file? I'm not sure what to change.

I made you some examples quickly :

https://github.com/DevZupa/ZCP-A3/commit/7dae9f0a147af44bfcd83d414cbf5f684d32ac83

Try example 3, if that would give u errers try example 2.

If using the 2nd one, be sure to check what is the center of your map, the one in example is for altis. Chernarus would be like 8500,8500, 0 i think.

Explanation of the numbers are in the comments.

Edited by Zupa
Edit more info of map size

@Zupa Thanks! It works flawlessly now and the comments help a lot. One more thing I'd like to query about is the currency. Since it's made for Epoch, what variables would I need to change in order to get it to work for Exile's currency PopTabs / Respect? Just examining the giveReward file, I see "_cIndex = EPOCH_customVars find "Crypto";" and "EPOCH_defaultVars_SEPXVar". Any thoughts?

Edited by _Crash_

@Zupa Thanks! It works flawlessly now and the comments help a lot. One more thing I'd like to query about is the currency. Since it's made for Epoch, what variables would I need to change in order to get it to work for Exile's currency PopTabs / Respect? Just examining the giveReward file, I see "_cIndex = EPOCH_customVars find "Crypto";" and "EPOCH_defaultVars_SEPXVar". Any thoughts?

https://github.com/DevZupa/ZCP-A3-Exile/blob/master/zcp/functions/fn_giveReward.sqf

For the mission side look into the zcp.sqf for the root folder

Be aware this was coded for an older version of exile; they might have changes core coding which may be result in not working code.

Edited by Zupa

@Richie This is the only forum that I see the dev active on. I'm still questioning about the mod, just on a different game mod all together.

Then send Zupa a PM and see if he will help you, if not then you'll have to work it out yourself.

This thread is for Epoch support, not for Wasteland, Life, Exile or any other mod, each mod has its own forum for support.

• 1 month later...

Did a quick search of the thread and couldn't see any reference to the start delay.

We've set 11 static locations and wanted a 2hr delay between them being captured and being available again. This caused the capture points to not appear for 2 hrs until after the server restarted. I tracked it down to fn_start.sqf here: 

_randomTime = (floor random  100) + ZCP_MinWaitTime ;

It appears that's causing it to delay that time when we just want that as the respawn time for each one. We want them to initialize almost immediately after server restart. Is there a way to separate these out?

3 hours ago, Havoc302 said:

Did a quick search of the thread and couldn't see any reference to the start delay.

We've set 11 static locations and wanted a 2hr delay between them being captured and being available again. This caused the capture points to not appear for 2 hrs until after the server restarted. I tracked it down to fn_start.sqf here: 

_randomTime = (floor random  100) + ZCP_MinWaitTime ;

It appears that's causing it to delay that time when we just want that as the respawn time for each one. We want them to initialize almost immediately after server restart. Is there a way to separate these out?

Try the following ( not tested, quickly typed)

https://github.com/DevZupa/ZCP-A3/compare/StartWaitTime...master?expand=1

I'll try that out shortly, thanks for the quick reply.

Also is there any easy way to make the weapon and build materials box a random amount of items from the ZCP_WeaponReward and ZCP_ItemWeaponReward arrays rather than just a fixed reward?

Hello Guys...

Yesterday i found this nice Mod and try to install. So, i think no problems with that but my RPT shows some issues:

Spoiler

ZCP_StartMinWaitTime = 20 
ZCP_WaitPeriodRandom = 100 
ZCP_BaseClea>
 8:01:13   Error position: <ZCP_WaitPeriodRandom = 100 
ZCP_BaseClea>
 8:01:13   Error Missing ;
 8:01:13 File x\addons\a3_epoch_server_zcp\zcp\fn_config.sqf, line 25
 8:01:13 Error in expression <tTime = 20; 
ZCP_StartMinWaitTime = 20 
ZCP_WaitPeriodRandom = 100 
ZCP_BaseClea>
 8:01:13   Error position: <ZCP_WaitPeriodRandom = 100 
ZCP_BaseClea>
 8:01:13   Error Missing ;
 8:01:13 File x\addons\a3_epoch_server_zcp\zcp\fn_config.sqf, line 25

and

Spoiler

8:03:45 [ZCP]: Initiate Zupa's Capture Points
 8:03:45 Error in expression <P_Data pushBack [false,0, true];
}count ZCP_CapPoints;
>
 8:03:45   Error position: <ZCP_CapPoints;
>
 8:03:45   Error Undefined variable in expression: zcp_cappoints
 8:03:45 File x\addons\a3_epoch_server_zcp\zcp\functions\fn_initCPData.sqf, line 4
 8:03:45 [ZCP]: Capture Points is fully running.

and

Spoiler

8:03:56 Error in expression <ZCP_randomMission"];
uiSleep 10;
while {ZCP_MissionCounter < ZCP_MaxMissions} do>
 8:03:56   Error position: <ZCP_MissionCounter < ZCP_MaxMissions} do>
 8:03:56   Error Undefined variable in expression: zcp_missioncounter
 8:03:56 File x\addons\a3_epoch_server_zcp\zcp\fn_missionLooper.sqf, line 18

So it not working :( Can someone help me to fix my problem?

Thx a lot guys...

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Zupa any chance you're able to help me get the start timer working properly? I'd like it to have like an hour between captures but at present that means they don't start until an hour after the server starts.

Also how hard is it to make it non-Epoch specific? I'd like to use it on a really small island map as a like CTF system if that's ok with you?

Hey everyone!  

I have a small problem, I have installed the cap points on Epoch Australia Map and I am getting some strange errors. 

Server.rpt

[ZCP]: Giving server some time to boot.

[ZCP]: Initiate Zupa's Capture Points

Error in expression <P_Data pushBack [false,0, true];
}count ZCP_CapPoints;
>
  Error position: <ZCP_CapPoints;
>
  Error Undefined variable in expression: zcp_cappoints
File x\addons\a3_epoch_server_zcp\zcp\functions\fn_initCPData.sqf, line 4

[ZCP]: Capture Points is fully running.

Error in expression <ZCP_randomMission"];
uiSleep 10;
while {ZCP_MissionCounter < ZCP_MaxMissions} do>
  Error position: <ZCP_MissionCounter < ZCP_MaxMissions} do>
  Error Undefined variable in expression: zcp_missioncounter
File x\addons\a3_epoch_server_zcp\zcp\fn_missionLooper.sqf, line 18

Looks like it is running but missions never come up in game. Unsure where to go from here...

Any Ideas?

Thanks - Yeti