Servers with redicioulus amounts of Loot + Vehicles?

DarkSession

Hello there, well i run my own 42 Slot server with a custom map, reduced spawn rate but more objects. I see lots of 30 Slot servers with 500 vehicles + or loot ++ in the name. Same for extreme spawn rates for drones and Sappers.

Seriously, whats the point here? I can't understand why somebody would like to bore the shit ouf the game. Do you guys really prefer such servers over more "hardcore" servers?

It is not about the number of antagonists, but balance over all. It is obvious that these kiddies admins who learned scripting like 2 hours ago know nothing about it. I have seen many servers with stupid amounts of AI or loot. One of the servers had energy packs spawning EVERYWHERE, and I am not exaggerating here. Energy packs spawned everywhere instead of random stuff you get energy packs 90 percent of the time. So it is obvious that the kid fucked it up somewhere or just doesn't care. Another server had ground loot (which is ok) but it was just guns everywhere.

After such servers I learned to appreciate vanilla Epoch and think it is the best choice for those who want hardcore and normal Epoch, not raped by stupid script kiddies who know no limits.

Some random AI or AI missions are ok, in my opinion, but not like one server that I saw, where there were AI heli patrols AI vehicle patrols and AI foot patrols and they all spawned out of nowhere sometimes at the same time and if you killed on AI group suddenly another appeared and ad infinitum like that.

People do not know how to balance these things so you get something totally worse than unfinished vanilla. And I mean it, it is worse and it is no surprise, that there are tons of servers, more servers than there are people playing, because it doesn't take a rocket scientist to set up a server, obviously.

That's why it is funny to see so much new threads "come to my server pls pls new clan server free buildings kits" and shit like that, nobody cares what you give for free, dear admin. How is your shitty lame ass server different from 500 other servers? That's what people care about and if you want others to join, try to put some thought in your advertizing and not just 2000+ vehicles 500 AI patrols more loot loot loot.

After such servers I learned to appreciate vanilla Epoch and think it is the best choice for those who want hardcore and normal Epoch, not raped by stupid script kiddies who know no limits.

So "stupid script kiddies" don't hack on vanilla Epoch servers? I agree with you because there are no players on those servers.

Do you happen to remember what happened to Skaro's server during the arma free weekend?

Also, you may not like these servers with added loot/vehicles/ai missions, but the majority of players do, that's why they are populated.

Take a look at how many vanilla epoch servers have players. You can count them on one hand. 

I am not talking about hacking. Never seen hacking in arma 3 and dont even know how to spot hackers. It is not the topic.

It is not that I do not like servers with added loot (ground loot is a must to a good server, I think), vehicles are ok too but they simply do not know limits at all and have no idea how to make a balanced server. Just because they have 10 people playing doesn't mean server is good. People come and go. Are you one of such servers admin? Cause I have no idea how can you defend such stupidity that I tried to explain in my post above.

One server that I played today had like 4 players and 7-8 missions (24/7), and nobody does those missions because there are only 4 fucking people playing (3 admins including) but hey, people want missioooooooons muh missions. And after one of the missions gets message "mission failed" instantly another one pops up. There is no cool down period, no nothing. Is it balanced? Is it a sign of a good server? It is a sign of mental retardedness of people who learned to script and exploit this mod.

And before you can say "well don't play in such servers", I don't. I come, I see that they are shit, and I never come back. Problem is that there are many many servers like that and so far I hadn't find one which was balanced and interesting enough.

If you can defend such servers then you can defend any bullshit from anywhere or anyone. It is like with the current early access alpha games very popular today, developers make some unfinished shitty game and ask 30 dollars for it, claiming it will be free later (or not). And there are people defending them, so as long as people defend such developers, such bullshit admins, pay them money for unfinished stripped down product, it will never stop.

our group specifically play on WTP official , the only reason we aint on there is everyone has stopped playing to wait for the reset and patches. if there was no reset we'd probably still be on but its pointless when its gonna happen soon.

player count was usually at 20+ until the patches and wipe were announced , yeh its low but this is an official server with no mods and limited missions so player count was always going to suffer to the other servers with more on offer. im happy to play there and wait it out but some more on the playercount wouldn't hurt.

time will always tell and the serve has a few groups which always keep things interesting.

<snipped for length>

If you can defend such servers then you can defend any bullshit from anywhere or anyone. It is like with the current early access alpha games very popular today, developers make some unfinished shitty game and ask 30 dollars for it, claiming it will be free later (or not). And there are people defending them, so as long as people defend such developers, such bullshit admins, pay them money for unfinished stripped down product, it will never stop.

I'm not defending anybody's server(s) because I don't care how anyone else runs their server(s) but if you want to place blame then put that on the GSP's that allow anyone with $20 to run a server.

If you were required to buy and run from a dedicated server where you have to know at least something, then you'd see a LOT of those servers gone :)

DayZ was about survival for about a solid year before it turned into a PVP fest.

Epoch on A2 was never about survival it was about PVP + Base Building.

Epoch on A3 is 100% PVP because there's nothing else to do at the moment.

Hey, I think the admins are doing a really great job of trying to find balance on this server:

http://www.gametracker.com/server_info/72.249.124.139:2302/

200 vehicles on 60 slots, mix of Epoch/Mas loot, 2 different mission systems, customized traders with safe zones, destructible cinder, etc. They're working on balancing the great loot with the ok loot & making the missions with dynamic loot. Right now though, IMO, the loot doesn't match the mission effort, but they've taken that into account & are already working on modifying it. 

It's a fun server, IMO. I know I sound like an advertisement, but I like to evangelize good stuff.

I'm not defending anybody's server(s) because I don't care how anyone else runs their server(s) but if you want to place blame then put that on the GSP's that allow anyone with $20 to run a server.

If you were required to buy and run from a dedicated server where you have to know at least something, then you'd see a LOT of those servers gone :)

DayZ was about survival for about a solid year before it turned into a PVP fest.

Epoch on A2 was never about survival it was about PVP + Base Building.

Epoch on A3 is 100% PVP because there's nothing else to do at the moment.

well, true.

I've only started playing on a server with AI system, but I don't bother with them lol. I completely agree with you guys. It's sad that some of the best servers never seem to get a chance. I started playing on BTK because 1) I trust the person that runs it, 2) he(Friendly) seems to know his shit and doesn't let extra scripts ruin balance or gameplay, 3) I get a decent ping to it, 4) it actually had fcking people playing.

Once this patch comes out me and my buddies will be putting our server back up. I don't expect to get too much traffic though, never do, it's a dedicated so not terribly worried about it. I decided I wanted to run a server about a year and a half ago when all the servers started going the way of P2W, terrible performance, and more importantly admins and mods interfering with game play.

I've been looking at new maps, probably just going to run something that's not popular. Hoping that I can get my map done sometime this century and hopefully it'll be compatible with Epoch.

Hello there, well i run my own 42 Slot server with a custom map, reduced spawn rate but more objects. I see lots of 30 Slot servers with 500 vehicles + or loot ++ in the name. Same for extreme spawn rates for drones and Sappers.

Seriously, whats the point here? I can't understand why somebody would like to bore the shit ouf the game. Do you guys really prefer such servers over more "hardcore" servers?

and how many people play on your server? The heavily modded servers are the ones with all the player as much as you don't like it that's how its going to be unfortunately.  

The way things are now aren't indicative of how things will be 6 months from now.  Many times the things that players think they want on their favorite  server aren't always what they really want.  Also, as the mod continues its development there will likely be many changes to the addons that servers run as more and more features and functions are added to the core mod.  So the picture we have today of the current overall Epoch landscape will change and evolve greatly over the coming months until Epoch hits 1.0 and probably long thereafter.  The communities who keep up with the changes and can keep their finger on the pulse of their player base will be the ones who succeed in the long term.  I don't look at any of the current Epoch situation as any sort of crisis.  What it is today it won't be tomorrow.  If you're like me and you're in it for the long haul, then you have nothing to worry about.  Let some servers run their high loot and their infinite vehicles.  Sooner or later many players will come to the realization that that's not the type of game they want to play.  And when they do, the rest of our servers will be ready and waiting.   

. Sooner or later many players will come to the realization that that's not the type of game they want to play.  And when they do, the rest of our servers will be ready and waiting.   

That's not going to happen,overall a modded server will get a higher player base and that's probably how its going to stay.

That's not going to happen,overall a modded server will get a higher player base and that's probably how its going to stay.

Oh don't get me wrong. There will always be the need for modded servers. As good as Epoch is and will be it can't be all things to all people. The devs have to finalize the scope of their project at some point, and that's where the community will take over just like we did with A2 Epoch.

I was looking, or better, I am still looking for a good server, we prefer Taviana, but I like also Altis. Why the heck do a lot of players and admins think, we need tons of loot? On the most server, I was able to equip me in 5 mins without a prob, where is the fucking challenge? If I want just PVP, I will play Wasteland or Koth. I was also able to build a base in hours alone...

I hope, that will change when Epoch is going further, I like vanilla Epoch. Missons are helping when a server has low popolation, when a server is getting fuller, you can decrease the missons, but I wouldn't change it to zero, but Epoch will have own mission, so we will see what will happen.

Hi, All 

I run a GSP but currently use my setup for our own servers. 

It would be great to know what players want but as we know we are all different and we all want different things.

Currently Arma3 Epoch I find unchallenging in vanilla format as it still only takes a hour to gear up and usually a vehicle is easily found then what do I do ... run around a lovely looking map ... build a base ... done that what next ... the occasional sapper is hardly a challenge the drones are easy to shoot...  damn ill just wait for the beeps to give me some AI for a minutes fun! Don't get me wrong, I love the design the menu system, the new challenge flying a heli, but there is a lack of the fear factor please try to implement that scare that I loved in the original Dayz Mod.

Arma 2 Epoch - again I find it an easy option vehicles are readily available, excellent base building but when you get used to avoiding the zombies the missions add a challenge. AI patrols are to be avoided AI helis stop you flying unless you need to! So I can see a good reason to add some challenges to make the server more survival than with nothing where it becomes PVP and no-one teams as everyone is out for themselves.

If it takes 2-3 players to do a mission then players will team. 

Arma 2 DayZ - what a breath of fresh air. The zombies hit hard the loot is scarce and survival is hard. This is currently my favourite mod of the line for the survival and now a decent build system. Add a few missions and players will team up without they still sometimes team as blood transfusion require help. The only thing I add is a few more vehicles as 6 vehicles on chernarus is a tad spartan. 50 is ok but no way would I populate this with 300+.

DAYZ - Standalone - similar to Arma 2 Dayz but as yet still a running simulator. Yes we can run from electro to NWAF but doing it again and again ...gets tedious. The zombies are not as good as the Arma2 variants and though hard to get away from seem relatively scarce but each update seems to improve the game and the new vehicle helps to get about if you find one! This game has very limited mods as there are hardly any files server admins can access therefore it holds the vanilla game as the default setup. 

So to get back on track .. SERVERS WITH REDICULOUS AMOUNTS of LOOT and HIGH VEHICLES. - To me it makes little difference on Arma3 as I find the time to gear up relatively short (1-1.5hrs). For a new player a lot longer. Vehicles are relatively easy to find but again lots make it really easy.

Perhaps the argument is for different servers to progress to;

Newbies PVE high loot high vehicles

Regular med loot med vehicles

Veteran low loot scare vehicles PVP.

We all know all the damn spawn campers will be sitting on the newbie servers!

Rant over 

Hawkeye 

If server is PVE, spawn campers do not exist in a first place :D but anyway, I agree with most of what you said about other games/mods. It will be long time before (if ever) Standalone gets out from running simulator mode. Every new patch we get something totally worse and not working, while they keep adding shitty guns and clothes. I mean, ok, I just choose to kinda forget about that game for half a year at least and see what happens.

DayZ Mod, while I never played it, I agree it was and probably is the best zombie game. It is the reason I even started playing zombie games, but when I first saw it on youtube, I didn't know the difference between Mod and Standalone game, so I bought standalone.

Arma 3 epoch shouldn't be compared to Arma 2 epoch or DayZ Mod, as in my opinion, developers are going into entirely different direction. To me loot scarcity isn't the problem, what I didn't like, was that, for example, if you are playing alone (like me, I hate playing in groups, chating in TS etc.) it is hard to build a base, find enough cinder, mortar and small metal. So my hopes are on 0.3 patch. High hopes. It looks it will be easier for those, who play alone, to acquire enough loot.

In past couple of days I played on almost Vanilla Epoch servers (no ground loot, no vehicles except regular amount) except it had few missions, and I liked it. When I first spawned, it took me like good 4 hours to find a car (I found a boat, which exploded due to invisible underwater rock), but I usually acquire enough money to buy them in such servers than finding them.

Now I am not sure what servers mean when they say "300+" vehicles, does it spawn like that after every restart or does it count the vehicles which traders have for selling or what? I'd like someone with more knowledge to answer.

Why don't you change the rate of vehicle spawns based on the amount of players on your server

Don't even put it in the server title.

As your server population grows add more to the spawn table.

Makes it a bit dynamic.

No point in having 200 vehicles for 10 players as well no point in having only 10 for 50-75 players.