Scripting For Noobs

Leigham

Question

Im Offering My time at 1 Hour per person for people who have not the faintest Idea on Scripting a Server, in this Hour I will get as many scripts that you choose, and that are approved Scripts on Epoch Mod.com, Working. Please Leave your Skype in the Comments and Wait for a Reply. 

11 answers to this question

Im Offering My time at 1 Hour per person for people who have not the faintest Idea on Scripting a Server...

You can't "script" a server, you add scripts to the mission, but I know what you mean.

But people with 0 (Zero) knowledge about Arma servers should not host a complex A3 Epoch server anyway, so in theory there should be zero requests (but we all know that there will be tons of people begging you for help).

... in this Hour I will get as many scripts that you choose, and that are approved Scripts on Epoch Mod.com, Working.

So in the end we have more servers with the same scripts and the owner/admins of them still have no clue.

Makes absolutely no sense to me and sounds like a big, big waste of time.

But if you want to do this for free, it's your time.

Have fun

lol....I will probably regret, but..... here it goes

So by this you mean......

But people with 0 (Zero) knowledge about Arma servers should not host a complex A3 Epoch server anyway, so in theory there should be zero requests (but we all know that there will be tons of people begging you for help).

people how can't fix there car shouldn't have a car, people who can't shoot and gut a pig shouldn't eat bacon etc. Why is it okej to ask someone else in these situations, but not when it comes to running a arma/epoch server?

We ask people to do stuff for us all the time, but NO!!! When it comes to this you have to be a expert. Not all people are the same and be happy that it is so. It doesn't mean anything if someone lets there "Dad" pay for a server. It just mean that they are tired to play on someone else's server, for some reson or other.

I have worked with computers before, but I don't do that anymore. I read C ++ during my education, but I hated it. Because it didn't "talk to me". And it will never do. I will never be that guy..... but i can do other stuff. I can airbrush, piant cars, repair cars, make 3d art, do graphics.

You guys need to jump of your high horses and realize that you're not special, you are good at this.... someone else is good at something else.... and this is how the world is. And just because someone is not a expert on this.... that dosne't mean that they shouldn't be allowed to have there own server.

And see it like this, if the guy helps them, you will not be bothered by them..........

lol....I will probably regret, but..... here it goes

So by this you mean......

people how can't fix there car shouldn't have a car, people who can't shoot and gut a pig shouldn't eat bacon etc. Why is it okej to ask someone else in these situations, but not when it comes to running a arma/epoch server?

We ask people to do stuff for us all the time, but NO!!! When it comes to this you have to be a expert. Not all people are the same and be happy that it is so. It doesn't mean anything if someone lets there "Dad" pay for a server. It just mean that they are tired to play on someone else's server, for some reson or other.

I have worked with computers before, but I don't do that anymore. I read C ++ during my education, but I hated it. Because it didn't "talk to me". And it will never do. I will never be that guy..... but i can do other stuff. I can airbrush, piant cars, repair cars, make 3d art, do graphics.

You guys need to jump of your high horses and realize that you're not special, you are good at this.... someone else is good at something else.... and this is how the world is. And just because someone is not a expert on this.... that dosne't mean that they shouldn't be allowed to have there own server.

And see it like this, if the guy helps them, you will not be bothered by them..........

what is meant is not that you need to be an expert at anything, however it is expected that if you want a server, you should know the basic stuff about it, like adding scripts, editing configs or befilters.

same thing applys to many things in life such as having a car, even without a mechanic/engineering education, you should still know how to change a tire or refuel it (not to mention drive it).

I agree to a point you should have a basic knowledge running a server, I didn't know shit a year ago but took my time learning how they work, what variables are called and how to incorporate scripts into mission files. I still consider myself a beginner even though I can do 99% of it right the 1st time. Now with that said servers that I have played on I do look into their mission files and contact the owners to make them aware of some issues and run more efficient so my game play is smoother and I'm not downloading scripts that aren't being called in. Yes there are some populated servers that have files inside the mission file that are never used.