[Instructions] How to test 0.3.0RC

Tobias Solem

So the official testing of the 0.3.0RC is going on Mells, but there are some steps you need to take to be able to participate, here are some instructions on how to do that to successfully join:

Step 1. Download the 0.3.0Release Candidate-test from here: http://epochmod.com/downloads/Epoch_0.3_RC1.zip.torrent

Step 2. Unzip the torrent into your Steamapps-directory, call it @Epoch2 for example

Step 3. Deactivate the old Epoch-version inside of ARMA by going to expansions and disabling Epoch 0.2.5.3 and enabling Epoch 0.3.0, then close arma

Step 4. (IMPORTANT)

a) Go to steam (library)

b) Right-click ARMA 3

c) Hit properties

d) Click the "betas" tab

e) Insert (without quotation marks) "Arma3Update140RC" into the access-code box and press "check code"

f) Select the rc - Release Candidate Build in the list above the access-code box NOT the development version

g) Let ARMA 3 update

You can tell that you are running the release-candidate if it now says Arma 3 [rc] in your library

Step 5. Run ARMA, connect to Mells server, which has the following IP: 192.99.101.126

Or click here: steam://run/107410//-mod=@Epoch%20-connect=192.99.101.126%20-port=2302

Yeah can't wait for new Arma patch either.  I'd upgrade now but there are other things I play besides Epoch, don't really want to try hopping back and forth every time I want to play something different, bound to break something. XD  I really, really hope it takes care of a lot of the crashes and freezing that I experience every single time I play Arma 3.  Godamn memory leaks out the wahzoo.

Thanks Tobias!

So far with loot spawns I think it is ok. Didn't try to build anything, because people were busy killing fresh spawns, but I am sure it will be an improvement over current patch. I already pretty much like this new trader inventory menu, however, it is sitll nearly impossible to hit the TAB button for trade to appear in first person, and 4/10 times in third person.

cursor targeting on NPC's has been an issue for a long time unfortunately

A solution there might be to check proximity in 5 meters instead of cursor target? : )  requires couple of more lines of code but would work 100%.

Performance shouldn't be that bad. 

What servers ? I was in mels house which has always been reliable and un-modded but GG they don't increase building space, took time to gather and finally ready and poof world limit reached. P.S I only seen 10-20 people on it aswell.

You CANT play epoch with that limit, if you cant build the only thing left is just to kill peeps which means you cant actually test anything.

Any more Release Candidate Servers? (with a decend limit)

What servers ? I was in mels house which has always been reliable and un-modded but GG they don't increase building space, took time to gather and finally ready and poof world limit reached. P.S I only seen 10-20 people on it aswell.

You CANT play epoch with that limit, if you cant build the only thing left is just to kill peeps which means you cant actually test anything.

Any more Release Candidate Servers? (with a decend limit)

All RC Servers i have found are in my Post here: http://epochmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/28821-download-03-rc-1-epochmod-version-mirror-client/