Community (server side) MOD

nedfox

Should it be...

call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\x\addons\Community\Serverside\spawncrates.sqf";

[] execVM '\x\addons\Community\Serverside\indestructible.sqf'; in the fn_init.sqf ?

or should it be...

call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\x\addons\custom\Serverside\spawncrates.sqf";

[] execVM '\x\addons\custom\Serverside\indestructible.sqf'; in the fn_init.sqf ?

or should it be...

call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\x\addons\custom\Community\Serverside\spawncrates.sqf";

[] execVM '\x\addons\custom\Community\Serverside\indestructible.sqf'; in the fn_init.sqf ?

I've tried the top two and nothing seems to happen regarding the crates spawning, would be helpful if someone could confirm it working and post the correct method to make it work ;)

post-4407-0-98562900-1426195105_thumb.jp

All your SQF files should be packed inside the serverside folder (which sits in the PBO) , and declared exactly like the template in fn_init.sqf

So @ MonkeyBrain : that SQF files needs to be inside the serverside folder in the PBO and then declared as described.

@Fullaholes :

call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\x\addons\custom\serverside\spawncrates.sqf";

This makes the PBO spawn the crates.. **This PBO needs to be in @EpochHive\Addons folder **

Also this is how @EpochHive\Addons folder could look like :  (We have Infistar and our own MOD in there for missions etc)

Vanilla servers should have a3_epoch_server.pbo , a3_epoch_server-settings.pbo and the community.pbo

post-4407-0-38498900-1426195306_thumb.jp

Working excellently cheers nedfox.

Question - how can I change the custom spawn to be a specific vehicle.  in my innocence I changed the cargo box name to B_MRAP_01_EPOCH and removed the cargo with no joy. I would guess item type change but cannot find a forum post regarding placing a vehicle exactly where you want it everytime.

Thanks in advance

• 2 weeks later...

hi nedfox,

good work releasing this PBO package. as you say, it's not rocket science but just time consuming to re-discover PBO structure. I will use this to ship my script & it will save me hours I think.

seeing your script is being shared here I would like to believe your work is free software? I can't see any LICENSE information though.

please let me know about the license, I specifically would like to know whether it is GPLv3 compatible.

thanks

It's completely free to use and to alter.. TBH I don't read the forums as much as before, due to losing interest (for now) in Epoch ánd a new job that takes quite some time from me :)

Always sad to see ranks thinning...

I just liked your answer due to 100% free part of Community Mod.

Thanks for the response and good luck with the new job. Looking forward to seeing you back by 1.0 release of Epoch :)

Nice to see others willing to share this often elusive information.

One small suggestion, now we are in ArmA 3 you may wish to look at changing to CompileFinal as it offers a lot better security by locking the functions so they cannot be overwritten by people with injectors. 

One caveat is that each resulting function variable needs to be compileFinal(ed) as the command locks the variable not the contents of a .sqf file. 

For example... if you have four functions in a SQF, you will have to split them in to seperate .sqf files or compileFinal them each in the single .sqf file.

Nice job spreading the knowledge.

Nice to see others willing to share this often elusive information.

One small suggestion, now we are in ArmA 3 you may wish to look at changing to CompileFinal as it offers a lot better security by locking the functions so they cannot be overwritten by people with injectors. 

One caveat is that each resulting function variable needs to be compileFinal(ed) as the command locks the variable not the contents of a .sqf file. 

For example... if you have four functions in a SQF, you will have to split them in to seperate .sqf files or compileFinal them each in the single .sqf file.

Nice job spreading the knowledge.

compileFinal is in my TODO list, very nice of you to mention it now.

let me understand this better, say on has aFunction which returns, say PUID and nearByPresenceBool, as in 7487485784574, true

to use compileFinal on this function [i.e.: lock down the resulting variable], one will need to split this aFunction to two functions aFunctionPart0 & aFunctionPart1.

aFunctionPart0 can then calculate & return PUID

and since there will be one single variable to be returned, this aFunctionPart0 can now be compileFinal'd

likewise,

aFunctionPart1 can then calculate & return presence

and since there will be one single variable to be returned, this aFunctionPart0 can now be compileFinal'd

is that right?

• 3 weeks later...

Hey folks! this one has me pulling my hair out......tried every file path i can think of, including all of the author's paths, and always get "Warning Message: Script x\addons\custom\init\fn_init.sqf not found"(filepath may vary) in my log...I'm running like 10 other mods with no problems...any advice?

Cheers

Mitch