DayZ Epoch With ACRE & ACE? anyone interested?

norsk22771

Hello! im planning to start an DayZ Epoch server with the mod ACE and ACRE. And i wondering if theres anyone interested? ACE stands for Advanced Combat Environment and will bring everything soo realistic as posilble, more information about ACE and all features is here: http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/ACE_Features (btw: cool feature is AutoRotation)

The other mod called ACRE stands for Advanced Combat Radio Enviroment and will bring Radios so you can talk via radio and a new direct chat with suround and many more features, more information here: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?133891-A-C-R-E-Advanced-Combat-Radio-Environment-1-4-Stable-Release-Thread

Video of a clan playing

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RX2DzHSF8Zk

Now, im wondering how many is interested? if enough is interested i will start seting up everything

Aha, are you guys gone implement it into dayz epoch?

Yes we shoud look into it more, however the "pass out" function can be little tricky when the screen is flashing white and no one note it, but we can just have a TIPs and trick popup msg show when it is flashing.

And take out some of the old weapons and replace them with some weapons from ACE if thats posible? And it shouldt be any problem with adding ACE loot into the loot table such as buildings and crashsites.

I have messed littlebit with ACRE and DayZ before and when it saves perfectly fine into the database, they save as example "PRC148_ID1" and soo on.

And Example for having 2 mods, one DayZ Epoch Original, and one DayZ Epoch ACE&ACRE Edition. So the player scan chose if they want to play with ACE and not if you are thinking about take it directly into the mod Epoch

• 4 months later...

Definitely yes to both! I tried to Play Dayz Epoch i have around 20 hours spent in it, but the absence of ACE and ACRE really bothers me as iam used tu use both in ARMA 2 CO.

TO Epoch Devs: If you decide to not to implement it, can you please at least give some advice how to do it? Cause my and my friends are triing to make ACE/ACRE Dayz server based on Epoch (it wouldnt be The same as Epoch cause we deleted all the traders and we are in proces of removing the building system) But we have problem to find out how to implement ACE and ACRE because there is obviously some issue with DAYZ being hostile to CBA. And you cant have ACE without having CBA.

But we have problem to find out how to implement ACE and ACRE because there is obviously some issue with DAYZ being hostile to CBA. And you cant have ACE without having CBA.

Well it seems not to be hostile against CBA as I am using it for running JSRS Soundmod and they work fine.

But I really also miss these two mods in and would love to see them in Epoch.

As much as it is awesome, I doubt it will happen since this relies on ACRE which relies on teamspeak which relies on people actually connecting and TS/ACRE working. And anone who has used ACRE knows what a pain it can be when it decides that today is the day it wants to fuck you over.
ACE is also one of the best scripted mods I've seen, but it may also require a lot of (extra) system resources, that plus the already resource heavy arma 2 and epoch would tank servers extremely.
You may like it but I say that it is not practical for the server machine one bit. That along with the fact that the video linked in the OP is using more than just ACE and ACRE (sthud etc). 

I'm not saying I'm against it, it's just very.. very.. impractical. 

One thing you can do is to consider the ACE/ACRE for your Arma 3 Epoch mod. This would not upset current Arma 2 epoch players (NEW STUFF SUCKS OMG QUITTING CY@), instead you can use those two as a "new" addition towards your ArmA 3 Epoch perspective.

@ epoch mod team
please put at least ACRE into epoch ... tested it with epoch 1.0.4.2 and dayztaviana2.0 worked flawlessly!
the option to have people play with acre or without would be great.

option 1: off, no teamspeak enforcement, no radios in loot or trader
option 2: on, force everyone on teamspeak
option 3: compromise, radios work and can be found, but no enforcing players to use it - might be a good idea to encourage it with sidechat off.

• 2 months later...

Not sure how it would work but the thought of ACE + Epoch gives me tingles... in a good way :)

+1 ACE, as for ACRE... as long as it's optional on the server. Wouldn't want lose players without mics.

The thing with ACRE is its very glitchy and as long as its work its works... e.g. if someone decided to update teamspeak to a newer not supported by ACRE version then he will listen all that players on server.  We decided to use teamspeak only and ability to create own room with player s own group. ACRE will be optional and will be supported by our server on release date... 

+1 how about adding jsrs too? :)

Its already added! 

• 4 weeks later...