Barricading?

GaleKast

Hi, I haven't posted here much although I have been reading the forums for some time. I will apologize if this has been mentioned or suggested in the past as well.. Me and my friend have played both DayZ Epoch and Arma 3 Epoch and the thing we are missing most is being able to take an existing house and board it up as a base. Eg, putting a wooden or cinder door on an existing building, adding some sandbags etc. 

I was wondering if this was going to be a possibility in the future, as while I enjoy base building, barricading is often a simple and efficient way to get up and running on a server. With the current building system it is basically impossible to do. You can build a small airlock on the front of a building but that isn't ideal. What I am hoping for is a way to build a small door to be placed in an existing doorway without the physics freaking out and sending the build item bouncing around or upending it. So any chance we can look forward to barricading up of existing buildings in the future and I can take over that amazing house I found in the mountains on Panthera :) 

This idea has had some discussion, the subject hasn't been raised for a bit as we've all been busy. I think, so far, the idea may have been accepted in principal, it's how to handle the logistics and not allow for abuse of such a system.. 

My last thought on this was to have a lock system on houses, which may change the look of the house. This would be persistent only until the next server restart.

Possibly have an upgrade to allow the lock to persist over 2 or 3 restarts. It would definitely need a cutoff or some other means to avoid lots of houses being locked. 

Personally, I think as a means for someone to get going as a temporary base is great, something fairly safe to call a temporary home.

I've blocked up the doors on a building in Altis before and with 0.3, you'll be able to put walls into the ground, without the need of a foundation so you should be able to do it.

I very much like the sound of this.. I don't think it would be abused if (if I am right in believing) the frequency jammer is becoming an essential part of the build now after the next patch.. I think the locking of houses could potentially get abused as people would lock off whole towns, but if it was tied to a jammer then that would limit that ability somewhat.. 

Realistically all I want is the option to craft/build a door that is roughly the size of the normal house doors. I guess I am one of those people who looks at a game like this and wants to do what you would probably do in a real life situation, barricade and fortify rather than build your own free standing structure.. But yeah, I hope something can be done as it would certainly be a lot of fun and would allow solo players/pairings to get a foot hold on a server with any luck!