0.3 RC Test Feedback

orangesherbet

I was looting a cabinet yesterday and my fatigue went to 1 all by itself despite the fact that I hadn't been running for quite a while and my stamina was full. I drank 3 Red Gulls and used a first aid kit but fatigue was still stuck at 1. Had to log out and back in to fix it.

i swear jammers are either glitching out and not saving to db... or they are expiring after 24hrs of not being maintained...its happened several times now in several locations that i sign in after a few hrs and the jammer is gone... but everything is all there... 

Yeaaaaah, so I'm guessing Axeman took the suggestion to spawn AI on people "camping" to heart?  I can't stay in my base for more than a couple minutes before I get multiple drones and sappers spawning in on me.  I know Mells is on veteran but godamn.  I just don't think that works lol, can't really spawn antagonists on people "camping" because most people aren't going to be camping, and even if they are, wtf.  Antagonists should spawn on people being sneaky? o_O

Would it be possible to drop the chances of them spawning if you're inside a building?  That would make a lot more sense to me.  Of course if you make a standalone base then they'd still be spawning on you like crazy.  But then, at least, it would make more sense to spawn antagonists on people chilling around outside(camping).  It would be logical that it would be safer in-doors.  Even so, they shouldn't spawn in on you for at least several minutes imo.  For whatever reason, it seems like antagonists spawn like a motha when you're a new spawn and haven't even really had a chance to arm up.  I think I've died about 3 times so far as soon as I find a gun and go to pick it up, BOOM lol.  Them spawning more on you when you're a new spawn isn't anything new though, seems to me its been that way for some time.  I think you should see more as you "age".  Could spawn rate be tied to how long you've been alive?

These are just my opinions though, anyone else feel this way?  IMO there needs to at least be a timer so that antagonists aren't spawning on you as soon as you log in or spawn in as a new player.

And again the UAVs, I think it would be so much cooler if they spawned in separate from player events and actually roamed the maps around cities, but I know that's a whole other can of worms.  But, if they're going to spawn in on players, they shouldn't just move straight above the players head.  I would maybe try to drop their altitude, expand their patrolling area by a couple hundred meters, and up their detection range -- if possible.

Don't just take my word for it though, anyone else feel the same way?

-------

TLDR My ideas and suggestions summarized(keep in mind I don't really understand event handlers):

1. Exclude spawn events of Sappers and UAVs on players when they're in buildings, however I'm thinking cultists would probably be ok while player is in building.
  2. Link spawn rate/chance to player's age/life time.
  3. Sapper chance increase when player(while outside of buildings) is stationary, less when they're moving around.  UAV chance increase when player is moving around more, less when they're stationary.  Maybe decrease chance of Cultist spawning while player is outside, increased when inside?

At use Car Jack write "World limit reached", which limits its use (ps on server GRDE01 World limit reached).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kMfdGep6AOI

Have you ever actually got a car jack to work?  When initially placing it, it seems to react by bouncing the vehicle around but when I placed it and raised it, it just passed right through the vehicle and had no effect.

I also could only pick it up twice and the third time I placed it I could only raise/lower it.

Seems like it's a bit wonky.

I suggested they just make it so it has a one-time use and you click on it.. say "use" and point at the vehicle you want to flip back on it's wheels and it does it then it's gone.

Great update, Antagonists maybe slightly overboard.

As a new spawn.

Looted first building-spawned sapper-shot sapper (first loot was gun, whew) spawned Drone.. shot drone- spawned sapper... ran out of town -spawned Drone-shot drone-spawned sapper..... :)

New sapper movement and sounds are great and Drones spawns were easy to deal with if you took your time.

Have you ever actually got a car jack to work?  When initially placing it, it seems to react by bouncing the vehicle around but when I placed it and raised it, it just passed right through the vehicle and had no effect.

I also could only pick it up twice and the third time I placed it I could only raise/lower it.

Seems like it's a bit wonky.

I suggested they just make it so it has a one-time use and you click on it.. say "use" and point at the vehicle you want to flip back on it's wheels and it does it then it's gone.

Put it under the wheel and raise it (the wheel will lift a bit), then drive in the direction you like (rinse and repeat)   We've gotten it to free a HEMTT that was straddling a rock wall before.  It took several times, it's not a use one time free the vehicle kinda thing.

Mk1 carrier rig eating everything that I put into it. This was on Mells. A relog fixed it. Found it in a trash pile, emptied the rig I had on, switched to the Mk1, started to load it up with my gear I placed in the trash pile, only for it to be eaten. Thought nowt of it, carried on playing, then started to empty my quad bike, only for everything to be eaten that I tried to place into the Mk1..