Editing the mission file (ArmA 3)

DarkSession

Question

Hello, i got one major problem with my Server. I downloaded the PBO File from my FTP server (epoch.chernarus) and extracted it with Eliteness. So the mission.sqm is decrypted. I loaded the file into the editor, but the first problem is, that standard objects are NOT shown in the editor. That means i can only see the blank map with the spawn area. But there is no custom furniture or anything which can be found with the stock .pbo!

Next problem is, when i place a object on the map and then save it in the editor, then i can't find a suitable way to repack the mission.sqm + description file to a pbo. I use eliteness, but "MakePBO" is greyed out.

I appreciate your help.

5 answers to this question

get PBOManager; you can just drag a file in/out to/from the opened BPO from there.. It doesn't need to be repacked either, although it makes it smaller..

Usually you only want the mission.SQM , not description.ext.

I normally drag the file to  a folder, use elitness to decode, then drag it back in after changing with the manager, works a charm !

Thanks mate, worked well. But whats the deal with the invisible (Additional) props?

I mean, shouldnt there be some object placed with the stock file. Or are they simply invisible in the editor? (Fyi, im talking about those standard props like base furniture ... spawn hall interiour at kozlovka).

Most will be invisible on the editor; I've tried and play a bit with it, but even markers etc are hidden unless you place your own.

What I did (for example to make the sector B static mission on Taviana) was just load the mission.sqm, and add my own things, ignoring all "scripted" stuff, like random traders..

I just never had to work on a mission SQM that was done by others adding stuff in before, so cannot tell.. If YOU place stuff, does it show up?