Titan launcher won't lock on target

shurix

Question

Would You two kindly post the IPs of the servers You play on, so everyone that wants to play Epoch instead of Wasteland can avoid them like the plague.

Thank You in advance

Greez KiloSwiss

How about this, what if you just ignore posts like this, that contains questions about weapons and attack vehicles on epoch servers? Im pretty sure the server admin is entitled to add whatever he/she wants to his/her server....And HEY....WHO KNOWS, maybe someone actually want to play on an EPOCH server with the stuff EPOCH has to offer. And at the same time have fun with more weapon types than Ruger, MX, MK and Lynx? Ever tought about that before you post these arrogant replies on every topic that contains servers with "nonstandard" epoch objects?

Nobody is forcing you to assist or guide people to the right direction on everything beeing posted here, you can freely just ignore it and move over to help what interrests YOU.

I can see countless replies from you regarding this and its starting to annoy me alittle.

Thank You in advance

Greez Moody

I tend to agree with Kilo on this, but understand the question; ADHD youngsters just don't catch the idea of EPOCH, and want a full blown all out armed combat sim with basebuilding. Since playing Epoch is BORING. RIGHT?

Which then turns into posts about base building to be "bugged, crap, physics sucks balls, "can we have easy mode on building" , "I only want to play on servers where admins hand me a prebuilt base".

If you want a milsim, go play Wasteland. If you want to play Epoch, feel free to ask about things that involves surviving on an island after Judgement day, where no armor survived :)

Kilo, others and me will keep pointing towards Wasteland as solution for all your rocket launcher, AA missile and tank problems.

To the OP : Epoch isn't aimed towards rocket launchers, and we don't want to spend time on sorting that crap either.. Go learn scripting and see, we CBA.

I tend to agree with Kilo on this, but understand the question; ADHD youngsters just don't catch the idea of EPOCH, and want a full blown all out armed combat sim with basebuilding. Since playing Epoch is BORING. RIGHT?

Which then turns into posts about base building to be "bugged, crap, physics sucks balls, "can we have easy mode on building" , "I only want to play on servers where admins hand me a prebuilt base".

If you want a milsim, go play Wasteland. If you want to play Epoch, feel free to ask about things that involves surviving on an island after Judgement day, where no armor survived :)

Kilo, others and me will keep pointing towards Wasteland as solution for all your rocket launcher, AA missile and tank problems.

To the OP : Epoch isn't aimed towards rocket launchers, and we don't want to spend time on sorting that crap either.. Go learn scripting and see, we CBA.

wow what a duchebag.

Can you be more pretentious?

Seriously, this is a mod based on a MILITARY SIMULATOR.  If you don't like that fact, then IDK what to tell you.

Oh and by the way, DayZ (which epoch was based upon) had blocked out all militarized vehicles and "too op" weapons completely by overriding their classes in the config.bin file.

DayZEpoch was one of the first major DayZ mods that opened this all up for us to play with.  There was another, forget the name but it was poorly implemented.  Hell, that's one of the reasons I stuck around with epoch when it first came out.  None of the other mods allowed admins the amount of control over their own server like epoch did.

So get off your high horse and try to understand that people may want to play this game a bit more differently than you do and quit trying to stifle creativity!

83b.png
Source: knowyourmeme
Buys a Military simulator -> ignores the many, many military style gamemodes -> plays a mod instead that is about survival, and gathering rare loot in a non militarized scenario -> wants to play it like any of those other military style gamemodes.

The opinions about this may differ, but defending such a ignorant (let's not call it douchebaggery) degrading of all the work, time and efford the devs (and serious server admins) spent into creating and balancing this mod/their servers, is not worth anything more than a epic *facepalm*
300px-Paris_Tuileries_Garden_Facepalm_st
Source: wikipedia

btw.
The question has been answered, several posts before.
I think the thread could (or better should) be closed now.

Like this post if you hate it, or like it if you like it.

wow what a duchebag.

It's douchebag.

Learn your memes.

Listen, when admins come here with questions that cannot be sorted in a limited game like Epoch, where the devs took much time to make it a survival game, and admins still wanting to have a full blown milsim, most *epoch loving*  ppl will answer like I did : Get Wasteland, and have a blast... It's the same as going to WOW forums and asking for "how do I get a 120 power character so I can waste everyone and laugh at them".. It's pointless, unbalanced, and not part of what Epoch stands for.

I would suggest that you stop creating missions with high loottable rewards then. Since epoch is all about running kilometer after kilometer, from town to town, finding that one can of meatballs and that one ruger gun:) kinda talking against yourself now, as your missions are providing military weapons(among other things) that is (and i quote:) "ruining the whole survival aspect of epoch."

Maybe you should head over to wasteland forum ane publish your missions?

83b.png

Source: knowyourmeme

Buys a Military simulator -> ignores the many, many military style gamemodes -> plays a mod instead that is about survival, and gathering rare loot in a non militarized scenario -> wants to play it like any of those other military style gamemodes.

The opinions about this may differ, but defending such a ignorant (let's not call it douchebaggery) degrading of all the work, time and efford the devs (and serious server admins) spent into creating and balancing this mod/their servers, is not worth anything more than a epic *facepalm*

300px-Paris_Tuileries_Garden_Facepalm_st

Source: wikipedia

btw.

The question has been answered, several posts before.

I think the thread could (or better should) be closed now.

Like this post if you hate it, or like it if you like it.

More ignorance...

Just cause you want to play the game the way you want, doesn't mean you should berate others for playing in a different style.

Once again, the beauty of this mod is the fact that it is moddable by the community!   If you want to run a server where nobody has guns, only hatchets, go for it!

If you want to run a server where everyone spawns with a rocket launcher and a tank, do it.

But don't think for a minute that cause you said so, I'm going to give a damn about your opinion on how to run my server.

one more thing.  If you want such a realistic survival experience how about you get off your fat ass and go backpacking in the woods for a week.  Instead you are playing keyboard warrior infront of your computer preaching to others about the merits of a "pure" survival mod, while dudes in robes shoot fireballs at you, give me a break. 

I would suggest that you stop creating missions with high loottable rewards then.

The next Update of #SEM will indeed have way, way less weapons (the current loot is truly overkill, I don't like it!) and the loot that's spawning at missions, will be more oriented towards fitting #SEM better into the whole Epoch scenario.

But then, any admin can change the loot so players find 10 Sniper Rifles, 5 LMGs and 2 RL at every mission, it's up to the server owners to run their server and edit every script they add the way they want.

I'm just pointing out the stupidity in some of the "not so well thought through" decisions many of these players who rent a server (I still refuse to call them admins) make, and I do have a point.

@hambeast

Your logic could also be applied to anyone who wants to play Arma as a mil sim, why don't they go and join the army or sign a contract with BlackWater or any other PMC? That's a very flawed logic!

Please do not confuse realism with reality, we are still talking about a game here.

Good night everyone

Greez KiloSwiss

btw.

A server admin who cares and runs #SEM, probably has degraded the loot manually by himself.

Wow, you guys are ridiculous.

Epoch is not only about survival, and not having weapons... it's also about building.

The reason I play Epoch is for the building system as well some of their other mechanics.

And yes, I do want rocket launchers, so what? That's the post-apocalyptic world I want to play in.

That's why I am an admin and scripter and not just a player ...or crybaby... or sh*t talker.... though I would really love to return the hate and ignorant comments.

I just don't understand why you would come to this thread to simply talk sh*t....

What if I went to your SEM thread and said the following...

"EDIT: I REMOVED IT BECAUSE I THINK IT WAS TOO MEAN... BUT SERIOUSLY, WHATS THE POINT OF COMING IN HERE IF NOT TO HELP?"

How's that make you feel Good? because based on the way you are treating others, it seems this is the way you want to be treated.

Do you want me to go on?

That was not even a quarter of how much dumb stuff I can say.

Next time I see you post something demeaning and negative, I will begin trolling all your threads to see how you like pointless, unnecessary, and unwanted comments.

Make a thread called "Come here so I can talk sh*t to you"

Then you can say all the ignorant things you want.

That's my 2 cents, luckily for you, I don't have anymore time to waste on ignorant folks like ... *ahem*...well, we know who...

... and you know who you are.

Just a littl einformation:

this thread here was originally created in the "General Discussion." forum, that's why I made my first post.

Now back to the current topic:

We can all have different opinions and everyone can run his server the way he wants, but the following Thread, was not created by the devs. without any reason or meaning behind it:

Guidelines:

1) DO NOT pander to your players - This is a survival experience ! Before giving in and making it easy for them, think how you can make them earn it and want it, and please make it painful, maybe a sea of sappers, just a suggestion.

Talking about ignorance:

Ignorant are those people that have tons of gamemodes/missions/mods (some even have some form of basebuilding) where they can play fully geared one army soldiers, flying jets, driving tanks etc., but still they join every of the very few successful survival mission/mod communitys and dumb it down to what already exists.

Again: It already exists, no need to forcefully create another clone of "Easy Mode Wasteland" as it happened with ArmA2 DayZ Mod, happened with ArmA2 Wasteland (which had only a small part of survival but still got dumbed down) and now it happens here with the new Epoch Mod.

I create those posts to defend one of the last great survival based mods in the Armaverse from being dumbed down by a ruthless community, and I do it by showing the people who want to do so, that there already exist a lot of alternatives that suit the playstyle they are looking for, all in the hope they will move on to one of those and let Epoch be about survival.

@computermancer

Don't try to get personal, we all know You're better than that.

Greez KiloSwiss

No hate coming, just gonna ignore what you say. Each serverowner is given the ability to do changes he/she wants within the confines of the license agreed to. If you want to help, then thanks. If not, move over to your SEM mission;)

Peace

Fixed your comment (my edits in bold). You are welcomed. 

Just to give you a frame of reference - entitled is the wrong word to use there...  why?

This is why: 

en·ti·tled

inˈtīdld,enˈtīdld/
adjective
adjective: entitled
  1. believing oneself to be inherently deserving of privileges or special treatment.
    "his pompous, entitled attitude"

I know its a dumb thing to comment a post on, and I am sure lots of people are going to go ballistic when I post this - that is not the intent with this. 

What I am trying to make people see is that everyone keep using the wrong terms in their arguments or reasons why they do things.

Please stop the use of a word that you truly have no business using in these arguments ("entitled" is the word I'm referring to, in case that was missed). 

As a Server Admin, you are having the following special privileges granted according to the Epoch license and the Common Sense thought:

- to pay your host bill (be it hosted or dedicated or running in a corner of your room) 

- to set up a kick-ass Epoch server and invite others to play on it

- to tinker with scripts (including the awesome #SEM and the host of other equally awesome scripts and extra content out there), within the confines of the licence, to put on your kick-ass server

- to brag to your friends when you hit more than 5 active players (I'm sure everyone have done that once or twice)

- to shut down your server when you are tired of paying for it (or you lose power in your room). 

- to ask permission from BI and Epoch devs to monetize the server to help alleviate the cost (cause you are running a kick-ass dedicated server).

And yes, in conclusion to this wall of text - I am nitpicking... its what I do in QA. :)

Just to give you a frame of reference - entitled is the wrong word to use there...  why?

This is why: 

en·ti·tled

inˈtīdld,enˈtīdld/
adjective
adjective: entitled
  1. believing oneself to be inherently deserving of privileges or special treatment.
    "his pompous, entitled attitude"

I know its a dumb thing to comment a post on, and I am sure lots of people are going to go ballistic when I post this - that is not the intent with this. 

What I am trying to make people see is that everyone keep using the wrong terms in their arguments or reasons why they do things.

Please stop the use of a word that you truly have no business using in these arguments ("entitled" is the word I'm referring to, in case that was missed). 

As a Server Admin, you are having the following special privileges granted according to the Epoch license and the Common Sense thought:

- to pay your host bill (be it hosted or dedicated or running in a corner of your room) 

- to set up a kick-ass Epoch server and invite others to play on it

- to tinker with scripts (including the awesome #SEM and the host of other equally awesome scripts and extra content out there), within the confines of the licence, to put on your kick-ass server

- to brag to your friends when you hit more than 5 active players (I'm sure everyone have done that once or twice)

- to shut down your server when you are tired of paying for it (or you lose power in your room). 

- to ask permission from BI and Epoch devs to monetize the server to help alleviate the cost (cause you are running a kick-ass dedicated server).

And yes, in conclusion to this wall of text - I am nitpicking... its what I do in QA. :)

I feel like "we"(the people who wants more weapons and attack vehicles on our EPOCH server) won this discussion, since you are targetting the way we are writing now.

Cudos to you for trying to teach me this, but i didnt even read your post after

Anyway, i think the Author of this post has fixed his problem. So i see no reason for why this topic should still be open, if its gonna continue with childish nonsense replies about how some people write.

Have a nice day, catch you in another topic....Hopefully in another mood(y). (You see what i did there?)

I feel like "we"(the people who wants more weapons and attack vehicles on our EPOCH server) won this discussion, since you are targetting the way we are writing now.

Ok - before the thread is closed, let me point out that I had not posted in the thread before, and I did not feel like I am winning or losing any argument I am not making in this discussion. :)

(Edit: ok - actually realised that by liking certain posts, I did essentially take a position in the discussion. part about the post was correct though. ;) )

Have a nice day, catch in another topic....Hopefully in another mood(y). (You see what i did there?)

HA! :D  Moody get the perfect ending award. Regardless of any other outcome, in anything, that post is a winner.  :lol:

You post thisRight after I posted this quote from a Epoch dev.

This, ladies and gentlemen, is ignorance in its purest form.

Greez KiloSwiss

You call it ignorance, I call it history and evolution of DayZ, Epoch A2 and now Epoch A3.

If you can't see that, then you are the ignorant one, or perhaps you don't run servers that have players?

I'd love to see some "hardcore survival" servers with actual players/stats to prove this "survival experience."