Epoch 0.3 additional map support?

assasin172

Hello,
I would like to get started discusion about more maps in epoch 0.3 cus in time being there are only two maps working in epoch as Altis and Stratis.
And as dews said first they are going to add suport for maps as all A3 maps ets and so far what is done is half working cherno ...
So my question is that if there are gona be more maps in 0.3 or something like that because Altis is kind of weird and as epoch goes its kind of bad for player base to have only few working maps.

Aditionaly i would like to hear from devs them selves if they are going to add more maps ...

Or if  somebody would be sou kind to share their epoch hive config files for exaple for Namalsk.

Thaks for all your friendly answers.

Yeah that's mostly why I started getting into map making. I was looking around on Armaholic and just couldn't find anything I really liked. Not to knock, there are a few maps that are pretty cool, but most of the decent ones have very few a3 buildings, if any. I saw the devs added loot configs for A2 buildings though so maybe that won't be an issue.

so far what is done is half working cherno ...

How half ? Chernarus works fine :unsure:

Also Bornholm is supported, 4 maps for a mod only 30% complete seems reasonable to me and they're just the officially supported maps :)

Taviana is also working, as will any map you want to port manually, it's not exactly hard to do, just takes some time and know how.

How half ? Chernarus works fine :unsure:

Also Bornholm is supported, 4 maps for a mod only 30% complete seems reasonable to me and they're just the officially supported maps :)

Taviana is also working, as will any map you want to port manually, it's not exactly hard to do, just takes some time and know how.

Well if you wanna have correct loot atm you need some script to add extra loot which kind of take away feeling of epoch (at least in curent files for epoch 0.2.5.2)

I tried Bornholm  well wehicle spawning is kind of funny you just can add trader to them cus there is like 10 vehicles in 1 spot also have to manualy write spawnspots etc...

4 maps for a mod only 30% complete

Wow ... 30% is suc crazy big number .. didn't even expected this!

Well if you wanna have correct loot atm you need some script to add extra loot which kind of take away feeling of epoch (at least in curent files for epoch 0.2.5.2).

So use a script, that's what arma is all about, everything is a script, at least you have full control, unlike the default spawn system, do it your way :)

Whatever happened to the project where someone was replacing all the A2 buildings in Chernarus with A3 buildings? Haven't seen any updates on that for about a month.

I'd rather have them re-add the buildings in A2 Epoch, the ones you can enter.

Having A3 buildings in Chernarus wouldn't really fit imo.

Of course it wouldn't fit. It would be like a whole new map. I'd like to see BI allow Chernarus Plus in Arma 3. Wouldn't shock me to see it happen at some point.

Didn't think cherno+ belonged to BI.

As far as chernarus goes, doesn't it say in the patch notes that they've added loot spawn to A2 buildings on Cherno?

BI owns Chernarus Plus now that they are creating DayZ SA.  They're pretty much redoing most of the map.  Almost every building is enterable in some form or fashion.  Would be fun for Epoch for sure.  It definitely has an abandoned civilization atmosphere that Epoch is all about.  

Epoch loot has been spawning in Chernarus buildings for quite some time now.  The only problem is that only a handful of buildings have interiors that players can get to, which is where it would be nice to have the buildings swapped out for the A3 variety structures.  It would look and feel like a whole new map almost, except for the terrain itself.