Need to understand how base got sacked

Osiris72

So our base was hit (Ghost Hotel) in the wee hours when we were not on.  (Seems to always happen then....no one has balls enough during prime time)

We had all entrances covered with garage doors, along with redundant doors for each of those entrances.  Someone would have to had to blown 3 doors minimum to get in.  We had two jammers, one at the bottom of the elevator shaft, protected by another door and another on the opposite side on the third floor also protected by a door and cinder walls, each elevator shaft opening was covered by a wall.   both jammers were blown.  None of the walls/door protecting the jammers were destroyed.

My question is how does the physics work with explosions here?  Is it possible to take out a jammer behind a cinder or sheet metal wall without taking out the wall?  In other words do the walls protect against explosions at all?   If not, this really needs to be fixed.  What is the explosion radius and height for a satchel?

I'm leaning toward glitching at this point unless someone can explain how they could have pulled this off.

At this point, the work involved in building and securing a base is thousands of times more work than breaching one. 

If he can crawl under your base and there is even the smallest gap in the floor you can glitch up and into the base. As for pre-existing structures they can be blown down and have access to it

That's why we chose the ghost hotel vs a smaller structure, I've seen a video where a guy tried to blow it up with 70 explosive charges and failed, I just went offline and placed 40 satchels and it didn't phase it...still standing.  I'm wondering if it even has a destroyed state.

I can take one satchel offline and blow up a hangar, but in epoch one satchel won't do it...I've tried, so wondering if in epoch the explosives energy is reduced.

My guess is that explosions ignore the structure and just go through as if there were no material there, therefore the jammers take the damage through walls,  This is a huge issue.

That's why we chose the ghost hotel vs a smaller structure, I've seen a video where a guy tried to blow it up with 70 explosive charges and failed, I just went offline and placed 40 satchels and it didn't phase it...still standing.  I'm wondering if it even has a destroyed state.

I can take one satchel offline and blow up a hangar, but in epoch one satchel won't do it...I've tried, so wondering if in epoch the explosives energy is reduced.

My guess is that explosions ignore the structure and just go through as if there were no material there, therefore the jammers take the damage through walls,  This is a huge issue.

There will always be bleed through damage. Hence why even on indestructible buildings vehicles can be blown up.

Ok, but now I wonder how many satchels would it take to cause enough bleed through damage to destroy 2 jammers on opposite sides and different elevations of the building.  Each jammer was protected with epoch materials which were not destroyed, so there is bleed through on those as well.

Something that seriously needs to be looked at,  At this point I don't have confidence that anything we build or try to protect will make it through the night.

So you built in a location fully knowing it makes anything placed there indestructable (except Jammers), and it got raided?

That building basically has no floor, get an admin to TP you under to show you.

Any satchels etc placed will fall through, as your jammers were near the ground, easily destructable. It's a "Fake Building"

Most good admins ban building there altogether, as it's a bit of an exploit....

So you built in a location fully knowing it makes anything placed there indestructable (except Jammers), and it got raided?

Which proves the point : We had never had our ghost hotel raided without them destroying entrees. The only times they did was because of glitching (park car next to wall, get out).

I am not sure of the exact structure of the ghost hotel, but I know there is bullet penetration in Arma 3, so it is possible they shot through the elevator shaft and other walls that were adjacent to the jammer?

Which proves the point : We had never had our ghost hotel raided without them destroying entrees. The only times they did was because of glitching (park car next to wall, get out).

You can drop a satchel on the "roof", it falls straight down under the building. Though the floors seem solid, they are not..

Any satchels etc placed will fall through, as your jammers were near the ground, easily destructable. It's a "Fake Building"

Most good admins ban building there altogether, as it's a bit of an exploit....

No, I did not ... I had no idea of the structure of the ghost hotel before we built there.  One jammer was near the ground, the other was on the 3rd floor.   I can see the ground floor jammer being easily killed but not the 3rd floor one based on the structure information I know now.

I just got an update from one of my buddies who spoke admins on the server who actually watched the whole thing go down, it was legitimate, satchels through each of the garage doors and 40mm grenades for the interior protections.  The admins also stated that depending upon when the server is reset, destroyed walls can appear to a player between resets, so to us...we saw no damage until the next reset.

But I'm just tired of our bases getting hit in the wee hours we aren't on and there is nothing anyone can do about it other than not sleep, it takes 1000x more work to build than to destroy it seems in the current state....yeah it's like that in the real world as well, but we play games to have fun not emulate real life.   I don't mind losing shit, but there is a fine line 

I posted this months ago before I even attempted to build a base:

Maybe some ideas can be incorporated and I know they'll be some people bitch and moan about not being able to sack a base when the group isn't on, well my response to that is to grow a pair and hit the base with skill vs just what you have in  inventory.

No, I did not ... I had no idea of the structure of the ghost hotel before we built there.  One jammer was near the ground, the other was on the 3rd floor.   I can see the ground floor jammer being easily killed but not the 3rd floor one based on the structure information I know now.

I just got an update from one of my buddies who spoke admins on the server who actually watched the whole thing go down, it was legitimate, satchels through each of the garage doors and 40mm grenades for the interior protections.  The admins also stated that depending upon when the server is reset, destroyed walls can appear to a player between resets, so to us...we saw no damage until the next reset.

But I'm just tired of our bases getting hit in the wee hours we aren't on and there is nothing anyone can do about it other than not sleep, it takes 1000x more work to build than to destroy it seems in the current state....yeah it's like that in the real world as well, but we play games to have fun not emulate real life.   I don't mind losing shit, but there is a fine line 

I posted this months ago before I even attempted to build a base:

Maybe some ideas can be incorporated and I know they'll be some people bitch and moan about not being able to sack a base when the group isn't on, well my response to that is to grow a pair and hit the base with skill vs just what you have in  inventory.

yeah i feel ya.

We have people literally wait until we log out before they go to town on our bases,or log straight out as soon as we attack and dont come back, or get killed while we are attacking and then log out and claim they were offline!

We've just resorted to making concrete Sarcophaguses for our Jammers.

Sucks but people will be people...

http://cloud-4.steamusercontent.com/ugc/535137718212046714/DE25FEAD3D0D9DC40D34D3A2B016FB04425C5070/

In arma 2 the plotpole had only a function to prevent people building. Taking over a base was not so easy as it is now, because you had to destroy all locked doors to take a base fully over.

ATM everything stands and falls with the plot pole. For some reason it has to be a real thing in arma 3 epoch wich effect the game a lot in a negative way.

I also dont understand why they make it so big.. Everyone has to make a box of cinder 2 walls high to protect it (and even then its not so hard to destroy).

Earlier is made a topic about this i think the jammer is way to important atm for base protection (considering glitchers).