GUI Maker And Editor

(AOW)Recon

Hello 

I Was Interested on makeing and editing GUI'S

I found a tool but im not sure how to use it is really good from what i see for GUI 

It can be used in arma 2,arma 2 OA,and arma 3

LINK:

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/User_Interface_Editor_%28Arma_2%29

I can see alot more mod's and stuff coming out with this

But i dont understand how this work nor how to get it started.

If You know how to start it or use it Post it on the forums 

• 3 months later...

for start this editor you must download stragui.pbo then you must take preview mission on desert, and put on your profile. Then start arma 2 oa and start this mission on single player. Enter preview and press 0-0-1 it will start. :)

• 1 year later...

@Linux

I need some help here. I downloaded the stra_gui.pbo but I dont even understand in the right way what I have to do to get the GUI working.

Where do I have to put in the pbo file? I have only an addon folder in Arma2 but in Arma2 OA the addon folder is under Expansion. So do I have to put it in there?

How do I start it then? Open in the main menu of Arma2 OA, start the 3D Editor, alt + e, after that placing a unit but what now? I dont get the part.

Actually it's much easier to use the ArmA 3 UI editor that is included as part of the editor, then just copy and paste the output into a config file for your A2 OA/A2 addon/mission. the UI editor in A3 is almost identical to the A2 addon.

Of course, if you don't have ArmA 3 then the A2 addon is great!

Edited by icomrade

9 hours ago, icomrade said:

Actually it's much easier to use the ArmA 3 UI editor that is included as part of the editor, then just copy and paste the output into a config file for your A2 OA/A2 addon/mission. the UI editor in A3 is almost identical to the A2 addon.

Of course, if you don't have ArmA 3 then the A2 addon is great!

@A Man I agree with icomrade. I used the Arma 3 GUI editor to make the menu I released public. Actually my only release lol cause its all i know haha...

I see you got the arma2 one going. dont hesitate to pm me if you got questions regarding the arma 3 gui