Traders inside buildings sink into the floor

BetterDeadThanZed

Question

I am working on some custom traders and I have an issue. I wanted to put a trader on the second floor of a building. The coordinates for the trader are 2046.97,11344.5,4.067. The last number, the 4.067, should put him on the second floor, but when I go to the trader, I see this. Is there a way to get the trader on the second floor?

26PvW4.jpg

4 answers to this question

I saw this in A2, where you only could populate some fixed positions in a building.

Looking at some of Face's explanations about A3EAI where he talks about (not) placing AI in buildings, I assume that the answer to your question is: not without a deeper understanding of the internal coding of buildings.

It must be possible, though, because the dynamic traders in the industrial halls made from corrugated sheeting (near Zelno e.g.) are placed on the upper walkway.

Make sure that both building and trader are spawned server side. Also go with custom spawned building instead of streamed map building, just to make sure that building and its collisions is loaded into the memory at all times.

When building is not loaded, that guy drops on the terain. Enabling simulation enables collision detection, so when building is loaded with its LODs, collision is detected and your unit is adjusted. Basically you want that building to be there at all times and spawned before that unit is loaded, so this doesn't happen.