WAI: 1.0.0 - Alpha / Arma 3

itsatrap

was using this in with a3eai and sem on problem i seen with this WAI is that the A3EAI dynamic vehicle just despawns within 600m of you so you dont get see the vehicle

I removed this and there is no problem with any ai at the minute.

and some error on a file that is not found too  customsettings.sqf?

everything else seems ok and i removed the nuke mission as OTT for epoch

I would wait for a more stable version as i like WAI for a2 and wish it for a3 and work with other missions together

Keep getting kicked battleye # 21 HELP PLEASE

remove/delete all filters from battleye folder and leave bans.epoch, bans, BEclient.dll ,BEserver.dll, BEserver

no more kicks for any script. Youll need to restart after removing them and make sure you backup all deleted files

There are tips/ways for adding the line to your filter on this site

hope this helps for you

remove/delete all filters from battleye folder and leave bans.epoch, bans, BEclient.dll ,BEserver.dll, BEserver

no more kicks for any script. Youll need to restart after removing them and make sure you backup all deleted files

There are tips/ways for adding the line to your filter on this site

hope this helps for you

This is the worst advice ever.

This is the worst advice ever.

A*** for your ancer

you can find his needle in his haystack then

question was i get kicked for this i do not know what is this so delete to fix is an ancer === No kicks is what he wants??

my advice to keep BE filters go to the log of the kick publicvar or scripts etc and so and check the log of the publicvar or scripts etc and transfer that log from there to the file on the line erm #21 mabey #22  "cough" faf

i dont use BE so enjoy

So found this in my server .rpt

11:22:41 Error in expression <index"];
_object = _this;

_object call EPOCH_server_setVToken;
_object setVaria>
11:22:41 Error position: <EPOCH_server_setVToken;
_object setVaria>
11:22:41 Error Undefined variable in expression: epoch_server_setvtoken

And it would seem the only mission we are getting right now is the bandit base camp, I am assuming this is because the other missions depend on vehicles?

Found the call on line 10 of functions.sqf

Anyone else have similar issues?

So I've tried to install this to my Epoch Altis server, but I get a BattleEye Restriction #21 when trying to load into the server...

I've followed the instuctions, but there's one deviation... My mission pbo did NOT contain an init.sqf file, just three things:

$MIKERO$

description.ext

missions.sqm

I created a init.sqf in notepad and added the line of code required, [] execVM "wai\remote.sqf";

I also checked my scripts.log and this is all I came up with:

03.03.2015 12:20:48: Seldrad (xx.xx.xx.xx:xxxx) e5ffcfa57fac13af7f9bd7e37c72e8f8 - #21 "#line 1 "mpmissions\__CUR_MP.altis\init.sqf"
[] execVM "wai\remote.sqf";"

Replaced my IP with x's

Can anyone shed some light on what's going on?

I've made some progress into my issue by adding an exception to remote.sqf in line 22 of the scripts.txt

That fixed the previous error, but now I'm getting:

03.03.2015 13:36:40: Seldrad (xx.xx.xx.xx:xxxx) e5ffcfa57fac13af7f9bd7e37c72e8f8 - #21 "xt;
sleep 1;
};
playsound "Alarm_BLUFOR";
};

0 = [_position] execVM "wai\nuke.sqf";
};

case "vehiclehit": {

diag_log("Blow f"

I've made an exception for nuke.sqf, but the error persists? What could be wrong now?

Still getting Script Restriction #21

That's odd. Did you follow the instructions exactly? Like placing the wai folder with the two files in your epoch.Altis.pbo, and created a .pbo out of the a3_epoch_WAI.pbo file, and placed that in your @epochHive\adons folder? Well, exactly like the instructions of the OP.

Yes, followed them at best I could here's a few screenshots:

7MuQKL7.png

YEvoHiA.png

This is my line 22 in scripts.txt

7 exec !="<execute expression=" !"RscDebugConsole_execute" !"execFSM" !"_executeStackedEventHandler" !"fn_execVM" !"fn_moduleExecute" !"fn_execRemote" !"fn_MPexec" !"bis_fnc_moduleExecute_activate" !"fn_tridentExecute" !"randomize_civ1" !"executed from" !"EPOCH_DebugGUI_exec" !"_handle = [_display] execVM _script;" !"execVM \"\A3\Structures_F\scripts" !="execVM \"\A3\Structures_F_EPC\Civ\PlayGround\scripts\Carousel_spin.sqf\"" !="execVM \"wai\remote.sqf\"" !="execVM \"wai\nuke.sqf\"" 

Any other suggestions?

I have followed all instructions to the "T" made a pbo out of the wai file for the addons and placed it inside my epoch hive addons folder, and placed the wai folder into the mission pbo, also adding in the line of the init file... and tested it on my test server, nothing, updated to recent files, nothing, tested on main server... nothing ... wtf is wrong here? why some people can get it to run by just following these inscructions and mine just wont load? what am i doing wrong here?

Yes, followed them at best I could here's a few screenshots:

7MuQKL7.png

YEvoHiA.png

This is my line 22 in scripts.txt

7 exec !="<execute expression=" !"RscDebugConsole_execute" !"execFSM" !"_executeStackedEventHandler" !"fn_execVM" !"fn_moduleExecute" !"fn_execRemote" !"fn_MPexec" !"bis_fnc_moduleExecute_activate" !"fn_tridentExecute" !"randomize_civ1" !"executed from" !"EPOCH_DebugGUI_exec" !"_handle = [_display] execVM _script;" !"execVM \"\A3\Structures_F\scripts" !="execVM \"\A3\Structures_F_EPC\Civ\PlayGround\scripts\Carousel_spin.sqf\"" !="execVM \"wai\remote.sqf\"" !="execVM \"wai\nuke.sqf\"" 

Any other suggestions?

Remove the = from the line so it will look like:

!"execVM "wai\nuke.sqf";"

Here's the explanation:

• != The parameter must exactly match the exception. In scripts.txt the entire statement the keyword is found in must exactly match the exception.
  • ! The parameter must contain the exception. In scripts.txt the statement the keyword is found in must contain the exception.

Thanks, best regards

So found this in my server .rpt

11:22:41 Error in expression <index"];

_object = _this;

_object call EPOCH_server_setVToken;

_object setVaria>

11:22:41 Error position: <EPOCH_server_setVToken;

_object setVaria>

11:22:41 Error Undefined variable in expression: epoch_server_setvtoken

And it would seem the only mission we are getting right now is the bandit base camp, I am assuming this is because the other missions depend on vehicles?

Found the call on line 10 of functions.sqf

Anyone else have similar issues?

Yes, it happens to me as well.

I have SEM and A3EAI running in parallel, so that's maybe why...

Missions and AI spawns, but I didn't yet tested if they are hostile towards players (I read someone else had issues with other missions AIs running at the same time).

Thanks, best regards

We have had this running for a bit now, and yes they are hostile, and the missions seem to work pretty well all in all. There is an issue though that I can't seem to get sorted. It seems that the heli para issue conflicts with the A3AI mission, most times the choppers get close, and then disappear and send 3 or 4 AI shooting out, sometimes with parachutes, sometimes not. I've tried  slashing out the helidrop.sqf and helipatrol.sqf, dont have the names in front of me, so might not be exact names in the functions.sqf but they still seem to react the same way.

Its Alpha, and very early stages, so I expect lots of issues to work through as we continue to progress in this mod. Not even sure what will break when epoch deploys their update, so guess we will cross that bridge when we come to it. 

I've installed it on a test server and it's working fine for me. The only problem I see so far is that I cannot get the Mission announcements to show up at all. I've changed it to Text and Radio but it doesn't say anything when a mission pops up. I have my global channel turned off so GLOBAL won't work either I assume. Not sure if there's an option that's blocking the mission announcements. If anyone has a suggestion I would greatly appreciate it.

I also re-worked WAI from Arma 2 to Arma 3 platform. I run something like 15 different missions.

I recently added voting for a mission that has just started. Voting is based on addAction mouse wheel command on a Jammer object. It allows players to say it they are going for the current mission or they want to skip to the next. After 5 minutes the polling is closed and mission system keeps current mission or skips to the next one.

I don't run BE and I don't use stock AH on my server, so it might be a hassle for some of you to adapt my script to your environment. Anyway, let me know if you are interested to see how it works.

We finally were on the server when the nuke went off last night. Holy crap, it was truly impressive. Not sure about overall range, but we did notice buildings over 600 meters away were leveled. It also left a fallout haze on the server until the next restart. Performance was slightly impacted, but nothing too bad, and it was for a very short time.

Not sure if you can edit things like that at this point SadBoy, and not even sure if any of these current settings won't break when the Epoch update comes out.

I also re-worked WAI from Arma 2 to Arma 3 platform. I run something like 15 different missions.

I recently added voting for a mission that has just started. Voting is based on addAction mouse wheel command on a Jammer object. It allows players to say it they are going for the current mission or they want to skip to the next. After 5 minutes the polling is closed and mission system keeps current mission or skips to the next one.

I don't run BE and I don't use stock AH on my server, so it might be a hassle for some of you to adapt my script to your environment. Anyway, let me know if you are interested to see how it works.

I would be interested, I would just need to adapt something like this to the stock AH, which I can do, just time consuming.