WAI: 1.0.0 - Alpha / Arma 3

itsatrap

On 17.1.2016 at 1:47 AM, Havoc302 said:

I've installed this exactly as instructed and it's simply not running, anyone got any ideas?

hi,

bit late, but maybe somebody will find it useful. my problem was, that i had a faulty "$PBOPREFIX$.txt", because the zip from github did not contain a "a3_epoch_wai.pbo" as mentioned in the install notes and i had to make it myself. the " $PBOPREFIX$.txt" was faulty, because the folder structure was incorrect when i created the pbo. you have to rename the folder "a3_epoch_WAI" from the zip to "wai" and put it on "P:\x\addons\wai" and make a pbo out of the "wai" folder and rename the pbo to  "a3_epoch_wai.pbo". i used "eliteness" for making the pbo btw.

On 6/5/2016 at 11:47 PM, Hux said:

Well, I couldn't get the Treasure Hunt mission working so I modified it a bit.

I switched the smartphones to the treasure box (container_epoch).

The trouble with that is the boxes don't stay on the ocean bed. They float to the surface.

So to make it work I changed the MV22 wreck with the Submarine (Submarine_01_F).

I also added 3 OPFOR divers ( O_diver_TL_F ).

So now I call it the Submarine mission and the message for it says there was a submarine accident. The boxes floating around it look like debris from the accident.

Very cool mission now. Last time I tested I had 2 Great whites after me while I was looting :)

If anyone cares to try it out, here are my changes:

Reveal hidden contents

if(isServer) then {

private ["_SceneryType","_allScenery","_allLight","_wreck","_allTreasure","_treasure_totel","_complete","_crate_type","_mission","_position","_crate","_baserunover","_baserunover1","_baserunover2","_mps"];

// Get mission number, important we do this early
    _mission         = count wai_mission_data -1;
    waitUntil{!isNil "_mission"};

_fn_position    = [10,4] call find_position;
    _position        = _fn_position select 0;
    _missionType    = _fn_position select 1;

[_mission,_position,"easy","Submarine","MainBandit",false] call mission_init;
    diag_log         format["WAI: [Mission: treasure_hunt_water]: Starting... %1",_position];

// Scenery
    _wreck             = createVehicle ["Submarine_01_F",[(_position select 0), (_position select 1), 0],[],10,"CAN_COLLIDE"];
    _wreck             setPosATL [(getposatl _wreck select 0), (getposatl _wreck select 1), 0];
    _position         = _wreck call wai_GetPos;
    _treasure_total = 30;
    _SceneryType    = ["Land_HumanSkeleton_F","Land_HumanSkull_F","CraterLong_small","CraterLong","Land_AncientPillar_damaged_F","Land_AncientPillar_fallen_F"];
    _allTreasure     = [];
    _allLight         = [];
    _allArrow         = [];
    _allScenery        = [];

//Spawn sharks    
    0 = _position spawn {
        waitUntil( { isPlayer _x && _x distance _position < 500 } count playableunits > 0 );
        for "_x" from 1 to floor((random 6)+1) do {
            private["_shark","_position"];
            _position = [_this, (random 10) + 3, random 360] call BIS_fnc_relPos;
            _shark = createAgent ["GreatWhite_F", _position, [], 10, "NONE"];
            _shark disableAI "TARGET";_shark disableAI "AUTOTARGET";_shark disableAI "FSM";
            [_shark] execFSM "\x\addons\a3_epoch_code\System\Shark_Brain.fsm";
        };
    };

//Spawn loot
    for "_x" from 1 to _treasure_total do {
        private["_Scenery_pos","_treasure_pos","_mps","_light","_Arrow","_Scenery"];

_treasure_pos = [_position, (random 40) + 10, random 360] call BIS_fnc_relPos;
        _Scenery_pos = [_position, (random 40) + 10, random 360] call BIS_fnc_relPos;

// light
        _light=createVehicle["Chemlight_red",_treasure_pos,[],0.1,"CAN_COLLIDE"];
        diag_log(str _light);
        _Scenery=createVehicle[(_SceneryType call BIS_fnc_selectRandom),_Scenery_pos,[],0.1,"CAN_COLLIDE"];

// Loot
        _mps=createVehicle["container_epoch",_treasure_pos,[],0.1,"CAN_COLLIDE"];
        _mps setMass 205;
        _mps setVariable["Crypto",ai_crypto_bomb,true];
        diag_log(str _mps);

// Loot2
        _mps=createVehicle["Land_MPS_EPOCH",_treasure_pos,[],0.1,"CAN_COLLIDE"];
        _mps setVariable["Crypto",ai_crypto_bomb,true];
        diag_log(str _mps);

// Debug arrow
        //_Arrow=createVehicle["Sign_Arrow_F",_treasure_pos,[],0.1,"CAN_COLLIDE"];
        //_Arrow attachTo [_mps,[0,0,0.5]];
        //diag_log(str _Arrow);

_allTreasure     pushBack _mps;
        _allLight         pushBack _light;
        //_allArrow         pushBack _Arrow;
        _allScenery     pushBack _Scenery;
    };
    _baserunover = [_wreck]+_allTreasure+_allLight;
    { _x setVectorUp surfaceNormal position  _x; } count _baserunover;

//Troops
    [[(_position select 0) + (random(10)+1),(_position select 1) - (random(15)+1),0],3,"hard",0,"O_diver_TL_F",_mission] call spawn_group;

//Condition
    _complete = [
        [_mission,_wreck],            // mission number and crate
        ["crate"],                    // ["crate"], or ["kill"], or ["assassinate", _unitGroup], "bomb"
        [_baserunover+_allArrow],     // cleanup objects
        "There's been a submarine accident. Salvage what you can.",    // mission announcement
        "Submarine has been secured.",    // mission success
        "Have lost submarine contact."        // mission fail
    ] call mission_winorfail;

diag_log format["WAI: [Mission:[treasure_hunt_water]: Ended at %1",_position];
    b_missionsrunning = b_missionsrunning - 1;
};

Edit: I'm wondering about the trigger when player gets to center of mission and you get the message: "Mission secure" and the marker disappears.

I have to dive to the bottom when the mission is in deep water to trigger it.

Is there any way to change the distance to trigger?

I'm having a problem with this mission.

When players get close to the treasure boxes ( container_epoch ) they disappear.

Could it be infistar maybe?

They don't disappear when I play the mission and I'm admin.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

And WAI had dependencies on the playableunits() call that is such a problem after the recent ARMA upgrade. If anyone wants it I have a version with those replaced with allplayers() in dropbox:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/7o2tojbdtav6r0v/a3_epoch_WAI.pbo?dl=0

This also includes my fix in missionwinorfail.sqf (and other files) to prevent the missions hanging when the timer expires.

• 8 months later...

@Grahame i just tried ur version of WAI but the crates doesnt seem to load right when finishing the mission. 

Having these lines in RPT: 

Spoiler

12:58:31 Error in expression <" from 1 to _num_weapons do {
_weapon = _weapons_array call BIS_fnc_selectRandom>
12:58:31   Error position: <_weapons_array call BIS_fnc_selectRandom>
12:58:31   Error Undefined variable in expression: _weapons_array
12:58:31 File x\addons\WAI\compile\dynamic_crate.sqf, line 48

Spoiler

12:58:31 Error in expression <fail;

if(_complete) then {
[_crate,[18,ai_wep_box],[6,crate_items],[7,crate_ite>
12:58:31   Error position: <ai_wep_box],[6,crate_items],[7,crate_ite>
12:58:31   Error Undefined variable in expression: ai_wep_box
12:58:31 File x\addons\WAI\missions\bandit\Mi_48.sqf, line 48

• 8 months later...

This, starting since i added the .pbo into my @epochhive/addons

2018/05/09, 15:23:45 Error in expression < ["CfgMainTable", _type, "tables"] call EPOCH_fnc_weightedArray;
if !(_lootTable>
2018/05/09, 15:23:45   Error position: <EPOCH_fnc_weightedArray;
if !(_lootTable>
2018/05/09, 15:23:45   Error Undefined variable in expression: epoch_fnc_weightedarray
2018/05/09, 15:23:45 File epoch_server\compile\epoch_server\EPOCH_serverLootObject.sqf, line 33

This now spamming the RPT

2018/05/09, 15:30:31 Error in expression <ount (units _group) < _cnt} do {
_group createUnit ['I_Soldier_EPOCH', _pos, [],>
2018/05/09, 15:30:31   Error position: <createUnit ['I_Soldier_EPOCH', _pos, [],>
2018/05/09, 15:30:31   Error Foreign error: Unknown enum value: "NO_COLLIDE"
2018/05/09, 15:30:31 File sem\scripts\ai\fn_spawnAI.sqf [SEM_fnc_spawnAI], line 21

MV-22 Spawned underwater on Tanoa, and the first time i tried it there was a filled yellow circle, dont remember what the mission name was. No one spawned there, the crate was empty and then i was blackscreened until i removed it, and it was spamming this

2018/05/08, 17:00:24 Error in expression <ount (units _group) < _cnt} do {
_group createUnit ['I_Soldier_EPOCH', _pos, [],>
2018/05/08, 17:00:24   Error position: <createUnit ['I_Soldier_EPOCH', _pos, [],>
2018/05/08, 17:00:24   Error Foreign error: Unknown enum value: "NO_COLLIDE"
2018/05/08, 17:00:24 File sem\scripts\ai\fn_spawnAI.sqf [SEM_fnc_spawnAI], line 21

Attempting to test it just now, like i said, MV-22 missions spawned underwater, the Comms center was full of people and without godmoding i wasnt able to complete it in time to test the crate.. Seems to somewhat working however so i might just go through and remove all the missions that are having problems.

First error has nothing to do with WAI... that's a problem with your Epoch install.

Second problem is nothing to do with WAI... it's an error in Simple Epoch Missions (SEM) due to a change in ARMA3 1.72 (iirc) when they added verification of ENUM values. Replace the "NO_COLLIDE" in line 21 of sem\scripts\ai\fn_spawnAI.sqf with "NONE" and that one will be fixed. In addition also see:

The third problem is a WAI issue... The MV-22 water mission in A3 WAI never worked afaik. Just remove it...

• 4 months later...
  • 2 years later...
On 12/3/2016 at 1:16 PM, Grahame said:

And WAI had dependencies on the playableunits() call that is such a problem after the recent ARMA upgrade. If anyone wants it I have a version with those replaced with allplayers() in dropbox:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/7o2tojbdtav6r0v/a3_epoch_WAI.pbo?dl=0

This also includes my fix in missionwinorfail.sqf (and other files) to prevent the missions hanging when the timer expires.

I've been trying to run this version of WAI.

The default PBO runs fine but if I edit and repbo it I get this error: Warning Message: Script x\addons\wai\fn_init.sqf not found

Even if I just repack the PBO without any editing I get the same error in rpt and WAI doesn't load. No missions appear.

I know this is old but just wondered what the difference could be between default pbo and repacked?

Thank you.

• 1 month later...
On 4/10/2021 at 3:21 PM, Hux said:

I've been trying to run this version of WAI.

The default PBO runs fine but if I edit and repbo it I get this error: Warning Message: Script x\addons\wai\fn_init.sqf not found

Even if I just repack the PBO without any editing I get the same error in rpt and WAI doesn't load. No missions appear.

I know this is old but just wondered what the difference could be between default pbo and repacked?

Thank you.

Sounds like the pbo prefix isn't being set correctly...

10 hours ago, Grahame said:

Sounds like the pbo prefix isn't being set correctly...

Thanks, I finally figured it out.

I had never dealt with that before but now I get it.

I altered the MV22 mission. I switched to Submarine and got those containers to sit on the sea floor. Scary mission in the dark deep waters of Altis ;)

Thanks for the reply.