WAI: 1.0.0 - Alpha / Arma 3

itsatrap

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Two things quick - if I've got it set so two of these missions are up at a time, is there a way to set it so it doesn't spawn two of the same ones? And, also, occasionally we get missions spawned on top of other missions, even though it's set to avoid other missions in the config file...

wai_mission_markers            = ["DZMSMajMarker","DZMSMinMarker","DZMSBMajMarker","DZMSBMinMarker"];
        wai_avoid_missions            = 1000;

Anybody know how these markers are defined now? Thanks in advance for any help!

Edited by blue00

hi , how can I set it so that the AI shoot the antitank weapon use and a strider. the Ai do not use their anti take weapon :(

wai_enable_minefield  = true;    // enable minefields to better defend missions
  wai_use_launchers   = true;    // add a rocket launcher to each spawned AI group
  wai_remove_launcher   = true;    // remove rocket launcher from AI on death

Settings are on

[[(_position select 0) + (random(10)+1),(_position select 1) - (random(15)+1),0],_rndnum ,"medium",[1,"AT"],"bandit",_mission] call spawn_group;

I have this same issue, AI run around with Titans on their back but will not use them. Can someone look at this pretty please.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Ok so I've followed the instructions to the letter. It simply doesn't even show up in the logs anywhere as running, no errors, nothing in reference to WAI.

I have installed and running now VEMF, SEM, Infistar, Zupas Capture Points, HS Traders and some custom bases that's about it.

• 1 month later...

Could you list the steps you followed. I had this working on my old host, got a new one and will be installing. WAI was a great addition and if I can help you get your server running it I'd be happy. Can't beat the feeling you have after being told there's a rogue nuke about to go off near you :)

• 2 months later...

Has anyone gotten the Treasure Hunt mission to work?

I added it and it spawns in but when I go to it I get a message that it's been secured but I see no loot.

I do see the MV22 and sometimes a Great white is there but there doesn't seem to be any boxes to take loot from...

Is this mission working for anyone?

Thanks.

3 hours ago, Hux said:

Has anyone gotten the Treasure Hunt mission to work?

I added it and it spawns in but when I go to it I get a message that it's been secured but I see no loot.

I do see the MV22 and sometimes a Great white is there but there doesn't seem to be any boxes to take loot from...

Thanks.

Hi Hux , the mission have not a boxex or crates, the loot is on the ground as smartphones with Crypto inside

Greeting

On 5/30/2016 at 0:04 AM, obermaig said:

Hi Hux , the mission have not a boxex or crates, the loot is on the ground as smartphones with Crypto inside

Greeting

I don't see any smartphones either.

Edit: I'm still not finding any smartphones.

Are there any other missions available besides the six stock missions?

nuke
                                        sniper_team
                                        rebel_base
                                        medi_camp
                                        ikea_convoy
                                        treasure_hunt_water

17 hours ago, Hux said:

Are there any other missions available besides the six stock missions?

nuke
                                        sniper_team
                                        rebel_base
                                        medi_camp
                                        ikea_convoy
                                        treasure_hunt_water

I've not seen any other ARMA3 missions but if someone with more time than I wants to port over all the extra ARAM2 ones that would be cool.

If anyone has been finding WAI missions to be glitched with a start-up failure in mission_winorfail.sqf, an error on line 37:

if (_x getVariable ["mission", nil] == _mission) then {

or later at line 277:

if (_x getVariable ["mission", nil] == _mission) then {

with the result that even if all the AI are defeated the mission will not end with success or timeout to failure then I have a solution.

My thinking was with the error being effectively a type mismatch, that some other component added to the server is adding a "mission" variable to an AI or player which is not numeric (the _mission is simply a number representing the mission's position in WAI's array of missions running.

In order to fix this I simply went through the code, and where the mission variable was set, I changed the variable name to "wai_mission" and then in mission_winorfail.sqf I added an if...then block around those above, like so:

if (!isNil {_x getVariable "wai_mission";}) then {
			if (_x getVariable "wai_mission" == _mission) then {

Anyone seeing  this glitch can feel free to take the files from WAI_compile_folder.zip and replace the compile folder within their wai PBO with this one and it should work. Since these changes I've never seen the glitch reoccur (and it was happening quite a lot) and now run 2 WAI missions concurrently, 4 BlkEagl's, and two SEM (one static and one convoy) missions. 

That's a shame. It's such a nice mission system. I used it a lot in A2 Epoch.

I would love to see more scuba missions with more Great Whites and AI divers and treasure to find.

I noticed in the config file, diving weapons and equipment are provided but seem to be unused.

Thank for the reply.

Is there a way tp spawn missions in a specific place?

I used to use this from the A2 version:

_coord1         = [637.263,787.731,0.001];
_coord2         = [3733.21,3817.03,0.001];
_coord3         = [6999.72,5219.75,0.001];
_coord4         = [6999.72,5219.75,0.001];
_coord5         = [7427.01,707.88,0.001];
_position       = [_coord1, _coord2, _coord3, _coord4, _coord5] call BIS_fnc_selectRandom;

How would I do this for A3 version?

Thanks.

Well, I couldn't get the Treasure Hunt mission working so I modified it a bit.

I switched the smartphones to the treasure box (container_epoch).

The trouble with that is the boxes don't stay on the ocean bed. They float to the surface.

So to make it work I changed the MV22 wreck with the Submarine (Submarine_01_F).

I also added 3 OPFOR divers ( O_diver_TL_F ).

So now I call it the Submarine mission and the message for it says there was a submarine accident. The boxes floating around it look like debris from the accident.

Very cool mission now. Last time I tested I had 2 Great whites after me while I was looting :)

If anyone cares to try it out, here are my changes:

Spoiler

if(isServer) then {

private ["_SceneryType","_allScenery","_allLight","_wreck","_allTreasure","_treasure_totel","_complete","_crate_type","_mission","_position","_crate","_baserunover","_baserunover1","_baserunover2","_mps"];

// Get mission number, important we do this early
    _mission         = count wai_mission_data -1;
    waitUntil{!isNil "_mission"};

_fn_position    = [10,4] call find_position;
    _position        = _fn_position select 0;
    _missionType    = _fn_position select 1;

[_mission,_position,"easy","Submarine","MainBandit",false] call mission_init;
    diag_log         format["WAI: [Mission: treasure_hunt_water]: Starting... %1",_position];

// Scenery
    _wreck             = createVehicle ["Submarine_01_F",[(_position select 0), (_position select 1), 0],[],10,"CAN_COLLIDE"];
    _wreck             setPosATL [(getposatl _wreck select 0), (getposatl _wreck select 1), 0];
    _position         = _wreck call wai_GetPos;
    _treasure_total = 30;
    _SceneryType    = ["Land_HumanSkeleton_F","Land_HumanSkull_F","CraterLong_small","CraterLong","Land_AncientPillar_damaged_F","Land_AncientPillar_fallen_F"];
    _allTreasure     = [];
    _allLight         = [];
    _allArrow         = [];
    _allScenery        = [];

//Spawn sharks    
    0 = _position spawn {
        waitUntil( { isPlayer _x && _x distance _position < 500 } count playableunits > 0 );
        for "_x" from 1 to floor((random 6)+1) do {
            private["_shark","_position"];
            _position = [_this, (random 10) + 3, random 360] call BIS_fnc_relPos;
            _shark = createAgent ["GreatWhite_F", _position, [], 10, "NONE"];
            _shark disableAI "TARGET";_shark disableAI "AUTOTARGET";_shark disableAI "FSM";
            [_shark] execFSM "\x\addons\a3_epoch_code\System\Shark_Brain.fsm";
        };
    };

//Spawn loot
    for "_x" from 1 to _treasure_total do {
        private["_Scenery_pos","_treasure_pos","_mps","_light","_Arrow","_Scenery"];

_treasure_pos = [_position, (random 40) + 10, random 360] call BIS_fnc_relPos;
        _Scenery_pos = [_position, (random 40) + 10, random 360] call BIS_fnc_relPos;

// light
        _light=createVehicle["Chemlight_red",_treasure_pos,[],0.1,"CAN_COLLIDE"];
        diag_log(str _light);
        _Scenery=createVehicle[(_SceneryType call BIS_fnc_selectRandom),_Scenery_pos,[],0.1,"CAN_COLLIDE"];

// Loot
        _mps=createVehicle["container_epoch",_treasure_pos,[],0.1,"CAN_COLLIDE"];
        _mps setMass 205;

// Loot2
        _mps=createVehicle["Land_MPS_EPOCH",_treasure_pos,[],0.1,"CAN_COLLIDE"];
        _mps setVariable["Crypto",ai_crypto_bomb,true];
        diag_log(str _mps);

// Debug arrow
        //_Arrow=createVehicle["Sign_Arrow_F",_treasure_pos,[],0.1,"CAN_COLLIDE"];
        //_Arrow attachTo [_mps,[0,0,0.5]];
        //diag_log(str _Arrow);

_allTreasure     pushBack _mps;
        _allLight         pushBack _light;
        //_allArrow         pushBack _Arrow;
        _allScenery     pushBack _Scenery;
    };
    _baserunover = [_wreck]+_allTreasure+_allLight;
    { _x setVectorUp surfaceNormal position  _x; } count _baserunover;

//Troops
    [[(_position select 0) + (random(10)+1),(_position select 1) - (random(15)+1),0],3,"hard",0,"O_diver_TL_F",_mission] call spawn_group;

//Condition
    _complete = [
        [_mission,_wreck],            // mission number and crate
        ["crate"],                    // ["crate"], or ["kill"], or ["assassinate", _unitGroup], "bomb"
        [_baserunover+_allArrow],     // cleanup objects
        "There's been a submarine accident. Salvage what you can.",    // mission announcement
        "Submarine has been secured.",    // mission success
        "Have lost submarine contact."        // mission fail
    ] call mission_winorfail;

diag_log format["WAI: [Mission:[treasure_hunt_water]: Ended at %1",_position];
    b_missionsrunning = b_missionsrunning - 1;
};

Edit: I'm wondering about the trigger when player gets to center of mission and you get the message: "Mission secure" and the marker disappears.

I have to dive to the bottom when the mission is in deep water to trigger it.

Is there any way to change the distance to trigger?