WAI: 1.0.0 - Alpha / Arma 3

itsatrap

Hey has anyone got the blacklist coordinates for chernarus ? 

iv got the missions working perfectly, only thing is, when missions keep spawning in a house in novy and end up being bugged and unable to be finished, i think its the center of the map or something, but they just keep ending up there,  if i could wrap my head around they crazy coordinates id be set, unfortunately my brain cant handle the pressure.

so if anyone can help me out and post the list of coordinates they have that would be awesome!! :) 

thanks in advance  

I'm with you Zed, I noticed that right off the bat too when I was looking through the files, it makes no bloody sense. I mean that seems like a pretty friggin huge mistake to make. It surprises me that other people got it to work. I just tried changing a3_epoch_WAI.pbo to just WAI.pbo to see if that would do it but alas still getting:

Warning Message: Script x\addons\wai\fn_init.sqf not found

This is rather bizarre, I am still learning the file structure of Arma 3, however it would seem to me that something would need to tell the server to kick this script off, like in Arma 2 when you would write the execVM in the Server_monitor.sqf to start the WAI script. I find it odd that it is even looking for fn_init.sqf because I can't find a single file that points to it. Something has to be telling the server to look for that file but I'll be damned if I know where it is. Also, if you look at the bottom of the fn_init.sqf you can see the script calls

ExecVM "\x\addons\WAI\customsettings.sqf"

but that file does not exist anywhere, at this point I am baffled.

After looking into it some more, I see that the path is "correct" because the PboPrefix.txt file has "x\addons\wai" in it, which apparently sets the folder that it's located in to that name, regardless of the folder's actual name. I don't completely understand it though. I did try changing the name of the folder to "wai" but that made no difference. I've also had this same problem with the ZEV Mission system. Hopefully someone will come along to explain this because I can't see what I'm doing wrong.

The problems I have, and still have, is when unpacking/repacking pbo's. Sometimes they prefer PBOManager, sometimes Eliteness, sometimes it's just not the right time of the day. Most likely something didn't pack right, so it's not found.

Placement of this 

1. [] execVM "wai\remote.sqf";

Doesn't really matter as I have placed it all over my init, and it always just runs. Currently I have it at the bottom. You can try this version of the epochhive pbo but still need the wai folder in your epoch.Altis.pbo or whichever map you use.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/w7b6gs67azb3afv/a3_epoch_WAI.pbo?dl=0

EDIT: FYI- This is slightly modified than the original. I have added some DLC weapons, changed the Paradrop chopper, added a couple extra ai to the sniper mission, etc, but it seems to run fairly well.

So I have been wondering, Has anybody been able to get vehicles to spawn in at the missions. I have tried the different options. Like the Lock/Unlock vehicles,keep and not keep vehicles. Also I have added and removed different vehicles and they dont seem to spawn in. But I have noticed when the system was up and running on my tavai server it would spawn water missions and it would spawn vehicles there in the water. Anyone have any idea's? Also has anyone messed with any of the old missions? Like extreme bandit base or president in town?

Cyncrwler I downloaded your version of a3_epoch_WAI and now it appears to be working in the log file, I'm not getting any AI to spawn but at least it is a step in the right direction, thanks for that!

You're welcome. Are you using Altis, or another map? If you're seeing this:

16:32:24 "WAI: AI Config File Loaded"
16:32:24 "#SEM INIT: Initialize Simple Epoch Missions"
16:32:24 "WAI: AI Monitor Started"
16:32:24 "WAI: Initialising missions" 

The missions should be spawning. I use this on Altis, and have no idea if they work on other maps without editing coords.

@bustedparts - I haven't really tried much in getting the vehicles to spawn, besides the paradrop chopper. I have been trying to mostly tidy up the base of this, and get things to work properly before I messed with extra options. I did take a look at the mission example on the github this weekend, and will be testing out creating a custom mission, and see how that pans out.

@cryncrwler please use github I will merge you request

I'd love to submit my changes, as it seems to be working pretty well at this point. I do have quite a few more changes I have been trying to iron out, but for the most part the basic mission system you set in place is really stable.

One problem. How do I make a request to add my changes to github??? I apologize, but I am a github noob.

Would anyone be willing to help me to get these missions to work. I am pretty new at this. I followed instructions to a T and still no joy. I am still kinda bumping around in the dark with it so far. Which log file do i need to pull to have you guys take a look at it? Also, another question. How long does it take for the missions to spawn typically?

YefimFomin I feel your pain I am right there with you in the Noob room. Anyhow Look in your RPT log you want the most recent one that is there. I usually open the RPT as soon as I start the server. This allow you to watch as the server runs through everything. I had my host set it so the server would fully boot up without having anyone in there. Watch the Log as it goes through everything. Look for errors. Most will show you the path right to the error. If you added or removed something like gear. Go back and look that you did not miss a coma or Quotes. I have already learned that right there can sometimes spit many different errors for one comma. LOL.

I did get WAI working but they never seemed to work right so I moved on. Zem is a good system easy to get in. SEM has a test portion of his next version which has convoy missions.

If you need more help PM me. Good Luck

Hey guys has any one had issues with the mission rebel base not despawning when completed(all ai killed) if so is there a fix, also the mission seems to always spawn in Novy and was wondering if anyone has a way to fix this as the base seems to spawn inside buildings. I can email anyone that wants to help the current .sqf file for said mission or the whole pbo if they would like to take a look at it.

getting this error

0:44:54 BattlEye Server: Script Log: #0 [G3N] DEADPOOL (xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx) - #22 "xt;
 0:44:54   sleep 1;
 0:44:54   };
 0:44:54   playsound "Alarm_BLUFOR";
 0:44:54   
 0:44:54   0 = [_position] execVM "wai\nuke.sqf";
 0:44:54   case "vehiclehit": {
 0:44:54   diag_log("Blow f"
 0:44:54 Player [G3N] DEADPOOL kicked off by BattlEye: Script Restriction #22
 0:44:54 Player [G3N] DEADPOOL disconnected.

plz help

Deadpool you're going round in circles here, you're adding lots of scripts but not following the install guides, they all have BattlEye exceptions to add, just like in the HUD builder i helped you with.

You might have to read all 13 pages but the answers you need are here, you just have to look :)

Deadpool you're going round in circles here, you're adding lots of scripts but not following the install guides, they all have BattlEye exceptions to add, just like in the HUD builder i helped you with.

You might have to read all 13 pages but the answers you need are here, you just have to look :)

I have added the 1 BE script i could have found on all of this pages not 1 have this error

I have problem with armed_vehicle.
I decided to test and set in config chance 100%

Config:

wai_bandit_missions	= [
	["nuke",0],
	["sniper_team",0],
	["rebel_base",0],
	["medi_camp",0],
	["ikea_convoy",0],

["patrol",0],
	["armed_vehicle",100],
	["black_hawk_crash",0],
	["captured_mv22",0],
	["broken_down_ural",0],
	["presidents_mansion",0],
	["weapon_cache",0],

["debug",0]
];

And rpt log:

"WAI: position City"
"WAI: Good position At [10801.9,10589.6,100]"
Error in expression <X", "_newY", "_testPos"];
_newX = _posX + (_maxDist - (random (_maxDist * 2)));
>
  Error position: <+ (_maxDist - (random (_maxDist * 2)));
>
  Error Generic error in expression
File A3\functions_f\misc\fn_findSafePos.sqf, line 90

Any idea how fix?

The Armed Vehicle Mission is part of the Arama 2 missions. Those mission will not work. If you look at the Config that first group missions Ikea,medical,sniper, and rebel base are it. I just went through this entire thread and it is mentioned a few times even from the original author of the script. If you want moving missions I would suggest SEM 1.8.3 It has various convoys. Or you can try ZEM it also has a convoy mission. There is Andre Convoy but I was not able to get that to work.