Run Custom Script with Skaronator's BackDoor

sparrow8332

Is it in plans for the future to set it up so that the AH portion of Epoch can be updated separately from the rest of the mod?  As we all know, fighting security holes is a never ending battle.  New scripts and bypasses are released weekly or sometimes daily to get around server security measures.  Having to wait 2+ months for security updates to come with a new Epoch update is an eternity when you're talking about security strength.  

Another reason I use a 3rd party system, as good as it sounds having an inbuilt antihack, it will never work unless updates are spammed out, which when talking about a mod, is never going to work. It has been a couple of months now since the 0.2.5.2 release and there have been the odd update since then, but no major changes. Hackers develop things within 2 months quite easily, and I for one do not want to be continuously changing my server files.

I have been sitting here reading all this bs. Anyone that runs a real server with real player count knows that good server admins and learning how to read the logs is how you find and remove hackers. NO anti hack tool will do this. Not the one you pay for, and not the epoch one. If someone wants to hack on your server they will. Lets also clear the word hacking up here. One, they are not hacking. In no way are these dudes hacking the exe or modding any game files to get mess around on servers. They are cleary just script kiddies, they got the code and bypass from a well known website that hosts all scripts and bypass. What the Epoch devs are doing with Admin tools is great. It gives your admins some power to move around the map, watch players and get data so you can remove them from your server. Or the power to give someone back something they lost do to a great and amazing arma bug or some script kiddy that messed up there day. Some of you are mad because they are have some coding still open in a Cleary posted Alpha build of the mod. We are all here to test, give feedback and report bugs. Not bash the devs for making an amazing tool that give the admin some power to control their servers. I am shocked that people are really bitching about the built in admin tools and willing to pay for an anti hack that was cleary stolen, and breaks all rules with copywrite. Not one or the other do a good job at stopping the script kiddies from messing around on your server. Only really good admins will be the factor that your server is somewhat hacker free. 

I have been sitting here reading all this bs. Anyone that runs a real server with real player count knows that good server admins and learning how to read the logs is how you find and remove hackers. NO anti hack tool will do this. Not the one you pay for, and not the epoch one. If someone wants to hack on your server they will. Lets also clear the word hacking up here. One, they are not hacking. In no way are these dudes hacking the exe or modding any game files to get mess around on servers. They are cleary just script kiddies, they got the code and bypass from a well known website that hosts all scripts and bypass. What the Epoch devs are doing with Admin tools is great. It gives your admins some power to move around the map, watch players and get data so you can remove them from your server. Or the power to give someone back something they lost do to a great and amazing arma bug or some script kiddy that messed up there day. Some of you are mad because they are have some coding still open in a Cleary posted Alpha build of the mod. We are all here to test, give feedback and report bugs. Not bash the devs for making an amazing tool that give the admin some power to control their servers. I am shocked that people are really bitching about the built in admin tools and willing to pay for an anti hack that was cleary stolen, and breaks all rules with copywrite. Not one or the other do a good job at stopping the script kiddies from messing around on your server. Only really good admins will be the factor that your server is somewhat hacker free. 

yep, nothing better than finding some cockwomble spawning in random shit and banning his ass :)

My 2 cents:

I love Epoch and the dev team, they have changed the way I play pc games. If it wasn't for DayZ Epoch I would still be on Xbox. At the same time I love InfiSTAR. I use them on our Arma 2 server because we have since day 1. We use the Epoch AH for our Arma 3 server. I wish both sides would just bury the hatchet and concentrate on what they both do best. InfiSTAR developing AH tools and Epoch devs developing an awesome game. Obviously there is more behind it, and I'm sure it all comes down to $$. But if both sides developed a better product we would have more players and better servers. Then we all win.

It sucks that we can't mention this person or that. I just want to play Epoch bug and hack free! I can wait for 1.0 but I'm afraid how long that will take with people working against each other instead of together.

I am shocked that people are really bitching about the built in admin tools and willing to pay for an anti hack that was cleary stolen, and breaks all rules with copywrite. 

I Hope you can provide legal proof off this accusation your making off theft otherwise STFU and stop ass kissing the devs.

Their is NO proof i mean solid proof that would stand up in court to who stole what code to make what AH and tbh who cares.

If This thread is going to turn into a infistar bashing thread then i WANT IT LOCKED! this is not what the thread is about and not the place for unrelated bashing off people of hearsay accusations.

Yes the mod is alpha yes they want feedback well my answer to that is provide us with a AH that works and can be customized to work without banning everyone and we will use it if not then DONT provide it untill its reliable and complete and leave us to test the mod without secondary issues to deal with . 

axeman please monitor this thread and lock it if it gets off topic again please. 

Thanks 

We are not lawyers here but I agree, I asked to stop the dev and infi bashing so let's please respect my wishes for this thread on both accounts , read back a few posts..

So, back to the point, what you are asking is we develop an anti hack but don't release it for testing, to the community, until we have it ready? 

You do know that you can disable our AH at the server if you so choose? 

You do know that you can disable our AH at the server if you so choose? 

yes sure i do and this next question may sound retarded but it needs to be asked lol 

- When the AH is disabled in the .cfg is it 100% completely disabled from that server or are some functions off it still remain active ?

Personally, I would like to see the antihack separated from the mod in a separate .pbo within the same hive structure so it can be updated independently of the server files by someone dedicated to only developing the antihack.

^^  This  +1   

Or at least whenever there are new AH updates needed, which in my opinion should be AT LEAST bi-weekly.  

There's already an antihack that gets updated more than weekly, its called infiSTAR...

Yes, but there are many folks, including myself, who would rather use the stock tools IF they would allow the same level of customization and had a higher frequency of security updates.  Hopefully that will be the case as development progresses.  

Yes, but there are many folks, including myself, who would rather use the stock tools IF they would allow the same level of customization and had a higher frequency of security updates.  Hopefully that will be the case as development progresses.  

It will NEVER be at the same level.