New to Everything.

Krypt

I am Brand new to epoch, hell im brand new to steam.. and online gaming... im normally an xbox 360 guys but ive been watching people play Dayz for a long time and I got the balls to go buy it. And now I don't know anyone who plays this game and im not even sure how this works or anything. really looking for someone who can help me out with everything please. Will pay in friendship xD

Youtube is your best friend :) there are a ton of good simple guides for ARMA 3 and Epoch. Also try doing the ingame tutorials you will learn a lot of the game mechanics and controls. From there get a Microphone all of PC gaming is made 10xs funner and easier when you have a microphone for comms. You will make friends quicker, get answers to questions faster in game and generally have a better experience when playing PC games if you have a microphone for comms.

youtube/google everything you ever want to know and if all else fails ask the questions on forums.

Welcome to REAL online gaming. PC gaming > console gaming IMHO, glad you decided to give it a go.

Find a gun, see someone with loot, shoot that person and steal all the loot :D

Spill the Blood of Another,

Pillage & Plunder,

Force Your Enemies into Submission,

Conquer All Worlds,

Spread your Own Unique Brand of Unended Tyranny.

At All Times Remind Yourself & The Faceless Many That Will Follow You,

"We Are The Disease, We Are The Virus" 

There is NO CURE, Just Me!

I'm going to assume you are playing Arma 3 Epoch and not Dayz Epoch since you posted in the Arma 3 Epoch forum, so I'd recommend you start by looking over the wiki: http://epochmod.gamepedia.com/A3Epoch:Arma_3_Epoch

If, by chance, you posted in the wrong forum and are playing Dayz Epoch, then see this wiki: http://epochmod.gamepedia.com/Epoch_Mod_Wiki

I'm going to assume you are playing Arma 3 Epoch and not Dayz Epoch since you posted in the Arma 3 Epoch forum, so I'd recommend you start by looking over the wiki: http://epochmod.gamepedia.com/A3Epoch:Arma_3_Epoch

If, by chance, you posted in the wrong forum and are playing Dayz Epoch, then see this wiki: http://epochmod.gamepedia.com/Epoch_Mod_Wiki

i didn't know there was a difference.. :( I thought that Dayz was like the idea and arma 3 epoch and breaking point were different types of Dayz

DayZ is DayZ, it is a mod based on Arma 2. DayZ Epoch was based on DayZ mod and they were all in Arma 2. And Arma 3 Epoch is based on DayZ Epoch but can now hardly be compared to original DayZ Mod. It became, in my opinion, an entirely different mod, Epoch mod, seperate from DayZ as it doesn't have zombies and some other things.

Breaking Point in Arma 3 is based on DayZ Mod which was done in Arma 2. But again, Breaking Point is too different from DayZ Mod in my humble opinion (cause never played DayZ Mod, just saw videos of other people playing).

So if you want DayZ, play either DayZ Standalone or DayZ Mod. If you want Epoch with zombies, play DayZ Epoch in Arma 2, and if you want JUST epoch, play Arma 3 Epoch mod.

All mods share lots of similarities, but they are still quite different enough.

And if tldr, timeline:

- DayZ mod for Arma 2.

- From there people started making their own variant, if you will, of the DayZ mod, which is where dayz epoch got started.

- Then the DayZ standalone game came out (and is still in the process), which has nothing to do with arma.

- Then Arma 3 came out and newer mods had to break away from the DayZ conglomerate since the DayZ mod was limited to Arma 2 via license agreements.

Thus, DayZ Epoch(for Arma 2) and the Epoch mod(for Arma 3) are different mods, naturally. Don't worry, you're not the only one who showed up a little baffled. =)

To simplify it.

You're talking on ARMA 3 Epoch forums right now.

Epoch allows you to build bases (similar to how minecraft works) and if you log off the server, your base and items and progress will be there when you log back (but have to log back into the same server).

You can play on multiple servers and have multiple bases, progress etc but each server stores your data individually.

What you want to do is find a server you like and continually play on that server and make friends/enemies and build up your inventory and base. 

DayZ is all about Zombie Apocalypse.

DayZ Epoch is Zombie Apocalpyse with base building functionality added

Both of the above are mods/children to ARMA 2 (the parent game)

DayZ standalone is all about Zombie Apocalypse but does not use the ARMA 2 game engine. It is built from the ground up

ARMA 3 EPOCH is very similar to DayZ Epoch (which uses ARMA 2 game engine) and uses ARMA 3 as the parent game - the graphics are far more superior and it is still in development. Anything with the word EPOCH in it basically has base building functionality... ARMA 3 Epoch is a lot less buggy than ARMA 2 DayZ Epoch so for a new player I'd recommend playing ARMA 3 Epoch if your computer can handle it, it is a lot more user friendly in my opinion

Hope that helps make more sense of it all because I know when I first started I was confused by it all.