Where are all the object makers ?

Richie

So we have a terrain/map section and quite a few of us working on new terrains :D

However, us terrain builders have a limited choice of objects to use :(

Right now i can't make a snow or desert map, why ? because all the buildings are from Stratis or Altis, all have a mediterranean feel to them.

Yes there's AiA TP but are we not bored with A2 buildings ?

JBAD is awesome, over 100 A2 buildings ported, I'll be using them but we still need more.

So we need a collection of object makers to group together and make an object collection :D

There's a few people making thier own buildings for thier terrains that I know of,. don't know if they would share until thier own maps are released though.

I'm also not keen on the default A3 objects, sure some are nice, but the med feel is the complete opposite from the terrain feel im going for.

JBAD are good, and quality workmanship.

There is a couple of MGB A3 pack's on Armaholic, which contains most but not all of thier stuff, killhouses, african buildings etc.

The SMD Sahrani Team released an object pack from thier Sahrani A3 port a little while ago also.

It would be good if Tansien released the DayZero enterable building objects as a modpack, but they would need remade/reconfigged for Arma3 as they will have A2 dependencies.

Remember to request permission from the authors to use thier assets before using them, they do appreciate people taking the time to ask for the use of thier creations and it's the right way to do things ofc :)

we need some United States style stuff like huge pine/oak trees and that same kind of country side house style.

We need more of everything, we have a choice of 9 bushes to use, some are the same bush in different sizes, we have a choice of 15 trees, again some are the same but different sizes and clutter isn't much better.

• 2 weeks later...

You know, I've been thinking about it, we really need more civilian vehicles.  I don't think there are any civilian vehicle packs on Armaholic, haven't looked elsewhere.  A3Life has some pretty cool vehicles but of course that's not open to use.  I think Epoch having their own vehicles would be a good selling point.  The eBike is a good step in the right direction, but that alone needs a bit of work lol(don't get me wrong, I'd rather see them work on base building first).  There should be plenty of people out there who would be interested in modeling cars alone.. I'm kind of shocked to not see anything on Armaholic tbh.

If I ever get my server back up I think I'll remove the option to sell vehicles in the traders too.  I think that's one thing you shouldn't be able to sell/buy.  I think this alone would make things a lot more fun in Epoch.  People like to drive around.  Epoch currently is primarily a frickin running simulator as most vehicles are in traders, most can't afford to pull them back out, and there may be only a few tucked away somewhere.  Coming across a vehicle is rare.  In a way I guess it should be, but there's a whole element of fun added when vehicles are available.  However, I'm not thinking about the fact that you can't lock vehicles... bah, that's another topic entirely.

If any A3 objects/houses have hiddenSelectiontextures, they can be retextured to have snowy roofs for example,.  I'll have a poke around and maybe throw some test object retextures together and see what I come up with :)

I'm not a modeller by a long shot, I am learning but baby steps! -  I am however getting pretty good with photoshop though, but I have a bit of a mentor I can ask for advice about techniques or quick how-to's over teamviewer :)

If i come up with anything worthwhile, you never know I may make another retexture object pack, here's hoping! :)

You know, I've been thinking about it, we really need more civilian vehicles.  I don't think there are any civilian vehicle packs on Armaholic, haven't looked elsewhere.  A3Life has some pretty cool vehicles but of course that's not open to use.  I think Epoch having their own vehicles would be a good selling point.  The eBike is a good step in the right direction, but that alone needs a bit of work lol(don't get me wrong, I'd rather see them work on base building first).  There should be plenty of people out there who would be interested in modeling cars alone.. I'm kind of shocked to not see anything on Armaholic tbh.

If I ever get my server back up I think I'll remove the option to sell vehicles in the traders too.  I think that's one thing you shouldn't be able to sell/buy.  I think this alone would make things a lot more fun in Epoch.  People like to drive around.  Epoch currently is primarily a frickin running simulator as most vehicles are in traders, most can't afford to pull them back out, and there may be only a few tucked away somewhere.  Coming across a vehicle is rare.  In a way I guess it should be, but there's a whole element of fun added when vehicles are available.  However, I'm not thinking about the fact that you can't lock vehicles... bah, that's another topic entirely.

well good server owners like myself once a week pull the DB files and delete the vehicles so that new ones spawn in. hell i even got bored increased the limit and added armed vehicles.

well good server owners like myself once a week pull the DB files and delete the vehicles so that new ones spawn in. hell i even got bored increased the limit and added armed vehicles.

Shame you weren't a good object maker, we don't need admins, we need a huge object library :p

That's good, but you really shouldn't have to do that.

There's a few guides kicking around this forum on BI forums ->

http://forums.bistudio.com/forumdisplay.php?173-ARMA-3-MODELLING-%28O2%29

I'm in the process (when a spare moment arises) of learning modelling with Arma in mind, I'm using an old-somewhat out-dated guide for creating plants/trees I found.  But hey it's a start, everyone has to start someplace right? :)

Here is a render of some leaves I modelleled / textured / UVMapped etc, for my WIP tree :D

U4hHTc.png

Onto the twigs next, followed by branches, and then the trunk!, I have to then link them into one object and this is just the high-poly model :blink:

Then I have to get the beast-tree into Arma itself, config work mostly and I do love a bit on configging :rolleyes:

Anyway better get back to it! :D

I wouldn't mind doing some models for ArmA 3. But I have no idea where to start when importing the models and how the shaders in ArmA work or how to do any of the configs. 

Here is something from ArmA 3 I re-modelled awhile ago, Textures are still a WIP due to this asset need two uvs maps to add more variation to the textures which requires me to also bake out two new normal maps. 

turntable027.png

turntable004.png