computermancer

Thank you for the Script. It is working very good, but every time someone die, he will get another "Earplug" entry in his menu bar. So finally the "Earplug" item will shown +1 every death.

Are there a fix available?

Greetz

lahlor

Is this still broke or did you fix it ?

Still broke, haven't had a chance to get to it yet.

It's on my To-Do list for sure. I am working on a very tangled script at the moment, but I am almost done. ( custom dialog console)

I will see if I can get a vanilla server up on my test machine tonight  :wub:

Okay, I see the problem, I will fix soon to prevent deathspam

FIX: in line 79, add the following code - it should fix the duplicate ActionMenu issue.

_cm_whatImInNow setVariable["HasEarplugMenu", "hasNoMenu", true];    publicVariable "HasEarplugMenu";

The menu is not available for normal players, just for admins.

So normal players do not see the menu in a vehicle.

What did we do wrong?

We would also look forward if the earplugs could be removed everytime, not just while sitting in a vehicle.

Greeez

You did something wrong because mine turn off automatically when I exit a vehicle and I do have the option to remove. You need to go over the install instructions again

phenomax,

RE issue: The same here - autoOn/Off working fine. the Issue has to be on your end. Download a new copy & start over (should take 2 minutes anyway) and it should work for you too.

RE feature request: I don't think it will work as you want with stock Epoch AntiHack (yet) this is because stock AntiHack is blocking all actions added to the player.

As a temporary workaround computermancer made the script so that "action" is being added to the vehicle (not to the player) therefore if player has no vehicle at 15 meters (or closer) range then he cannot display and use the action menu.

in summary, it is a "reduce/increase players volume level" option which is attached to a vehicle. no vehicle = no option.

Okay folks. B)  I have upgraded this script. You can now config a bunch of stuff in the cm_veh_fun.sqf file in the cmEarplugs folder.  

I added some fancy techniques, and voila, Bob's your uncle! (more files for you to have to copy :ph34r: )

https://github.com/computermancer/cmEarplugs  :wub:

Let me know how it goes!  :D

I am still having issues with this. Not sure it's because i have vilayer or not. Here is my steps. Extracted epoch.altis.PBO from the MPmissions folder. added the cmEarplugs fold with contents, init.sqf(have tried it with and without it.) as this is a fresh server i had to make a ini.sqf file, added onPlayerKilled.sqf, and onPlayerRespawn.sqf. Repacked PBO and uploaded to server. Changed battle eye filters like instructed. Have followed everything exactly like it's posted. No luck. It just won't work. Any pointers. Or anyone know if vilayer is different. 

EDIT,

Got it working. Not sure what we did differently from the dozen attempts. But it is done. 

Nice! They say insanity is doing the same thing over and over again with the same results each time... but I say that is not insanity...

THAT is determination and an proof that we understand that sometimes things DO behave differently under the same circumstances! muahahahahahahaha!!

tumblr_static_8283-were-all-mad-here.jpg

Thanks, computermancer

If you are using infiStar, make sure you changed the following values to false

/*  Remove Action Plrs   */ _OAP = false;	/* true or false */	/* (mousewheel actions) needs to be  false  for AltisLife for e.g. gathering */
/*  Remove Action Objs   */ _OAO = false;	/* true or false */	/* (mousewheel actions) needs to be  false  when using e.g. IgiLoad */

I think this caused the missng mouswheel actions :)

Greez

why you use not just the sound contol of epoch? just press CTRL + ß and CTRL + ´

works great and no scripts necessary.....

so do not get me wrong, of course you can use all of these earplugs, but for what ? an agly scroll menu ?

why you use not just the sound contol of epoch? just press CTRL + ß and CTRL + ´

so do not get me wrong, of course you can use all of these earplugs, but for what ? an agly scroll menu ?

EDIT: Sorry I replied in a not so nice way. 

I answered a rude question in a rude way.

I will simply say this as my public statement...

"Everyone's different. We all like what we like. Some people prefer to drive cars, others bikes. Same goal, they got from A to B.

The earplugs script exists for the same reason keyboard shorcuts exist. Reduce tedious undesirable tasks.

I guess, if you want a simple answer, I can give it in 3 words...."

:)  "Preference and Novelty."

We already got a discussion about this :)

In my opinion mousewheel actions and automatic plugged in earplugs are much more comfortable 

But to yours liking

I guess it is a matter of choice and arguing won't help as we all have our tastes and choices.

Since you asked, I will explain the reason why I need (and love) this script. There is an absolute fact about the sound levels in this game and what I want:

• When I get in a vehicle, 99 out of 100 times, I need the audio volume to be reduced to 25% level.
  • When I get out a vehicle, 99 out of 100 times, I need the audio volume to be increased back to 100% level

Do I really enjoy pressing keyboard shortcuts soundDown, soundUp every time I hop in/out of a vehicle?

It wouldn't be too bad if I were to enter/exit vehicle once every 3 hours or so but that's no the case. For example when looting, I get in and out of vehicle a lot.

I choose not to press soundDown, soundUp keys every time -- IMHO it's a mundane, boring, waste of time, near pointless task <== exactly what computers are good for.

The above is my choice and won't change, I don't expect an improvement from Epoch developers to the problem as my new buddy computermancer has solved this problem for me till the eternity.

(Thanks again computermancer! you deserve a lot more rep for this script!)

However, I do have one improvement suggestion for Epoch devs:

I may be wrong here but from what I see on my system,    (CTRL)+(+)       and    (CTRL)+(-)  keystrokes seem to be configured on plus and minus keys on the digits at the top row of keyboard.

It does not work with the NumPadPlus and NumPadMinus for me. If that's the case (and not a quirk on my system) then it might be a good idea to move them to the NumPad keys as they are generally easier to locate & use.

EDIT - badass signature cm! :D

I agree with the need for this script, and not just because we have the freedom to do what we want with the servers we pay for and maintain. It took me a while to cave to the, what I felt as "whining" about the earplugs, we all want the earplugs like in Wasteland on our server.

HA!, that was until I got off my ass and took the five minutes to install this script, and like magic, all is golden again. So, so nice to be able to just get into a vehicle and things become quieter. My hands are bust enough when flying a chopper, trying to avoid being shot down by AI, or another player, than to try and fiddle around with cntrl + or - keys. Do they work? Absolutely they do, the dev solution works great, just inconvenient.

I like our server to be a serious survival challenge.

I don't like things to be easy, ever, but the earplugs, are just plain awesomely convenient.

Thank you for this script computermancer!!!!

Ok I may be a total noob here but It was working, server restarts now its not.

cmEarplugs folder and files in the epoch.Altis pbo with the onPlayerKilled and onPlayerRespawn.

Battleye filters all sorted.

Any ideas ?

Did you copy over the cmEarplugs code from the init.sqf file to your init.sqf file?

//cmEARPLUGS CODE START
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
call compile preProcessFileLineNumbers "cmEarplugs\cm_veh_fun.sqf";
//cmEARPLUGS CODE END
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

• 2 weeks later...

Do I copy call compile preProcessFileLineNumbers "cmEarplugs\cm_veh_fun.sqf";    or just  "cmEarplugs\cm_veh_fun.sqf";  into the init.sqf?

Also do I need to copy over the SC/Battleye files? They look like files I already have.

"cmEarplugs\cm_veh_fun.sqf" is not a command.     << if you copy only this much, it will produce an error.

copy the whole line which CALLs the script at that particular path and file address after it preprocesses it nicely for a cosy finish.

Do I copy call compile preProcessFileLineNumbers "cmEarplugs\cm_veh_fun.sqf";    or just  "cmEarplugs\cm_veh_fun.sqf";  into the init.sqf?

Also do I need to copy over the SC/Battleye files? They look like files I already have.

Copy the whole line  ;)

The battleye filter files will look very similar

There are instructions on what you actually need to add, so you don't have to copy them over.

I put them in for anyone using a vanilla epoch install, they only need to copy and paste

but if you have other mods to your filters, follow the instructions on what to add

Hey there, 

I am getting the following error in the RPT log when logging in and the script is not working. I assume I just did something stupid and missed something. Any help anyone can offer is appreciated! ; )

earplugsout=true;	
[] spawn cm_EP_LOOP;

>
19:11:21   Error position: <cm_EP_LOOP;

>
19:11:21   Error Undefined variable in expression: cm_ep_loop
19:11:21 File mpmissions\__CUR_MP.altis\onPlayerRespawn.sqf, line 7

Nevermind, I figured it out. I wasn't calling it early enough

RPT_LOG.txt