BEC Download

Krankie

Question

23 answers to this question

OK, so I see there's a lot of things going on with BEC and I see that the hosts file must be edited.  But how about for those that don't have access to the hosts file being as we're using a hosting company?  Do we also edit the hosts file on our home PCs?

I guess I'll submit a ticket and hope for the best.

OK, so I see there's a lot of things going on with BEC and I see that the hosts file must be edited.  But how about for those that don't have access to the hosts file being as we're using a hosting company?  Do we also edit the hosts file on our home PCs?

But how about for those that don't have access to the hosts file being as we're using a hosting company? Submit a ticket, and hope they know what to do. Who is your host?

Do we also edit the hosts file on our home PCs? No.

I submitted a ticket about this to Vert Hosting (as I'm sure a lot of other people did) and they redirected the hosts file on the server. I'm sure your host will too if they aren't incompetent boobs.

@cen the download directory on ibattle is not down.

From my history i got this.

Program
ibattle.org/Downloads/Bec.zip

Plugins.
ibattle.org/Downloads/Plugins/ConnectionLimiter.zip
ibattle.org/Downloads/Plugins/Rss.zip
ibattle.org/Downloads/Plugins/ScriptBan.zip
ibattle.org/Downloads/Plugins/StaffNames.zip
ibattle.org/Downloads/Plugins/WatchDog.zip
ibattle.org/Downloads/Plugins/Ts3.zip
ibattle.org/Downloads/Plugins/Plugin-dev-example.zip

You should not be distributing Bec, Just because the maker of Bec desiced to quit, it gives you no right to Re-Distribute Bec.
More so edit the content of the package such as the license file removed..
No wounder the maker desided to quit with the mentality people got these days.

No wounder the maker desided to quit with the mentality people got these days.

It was actully the mentality of BI why he quit, not because Cen hosted it on dropbox :lol:

Nuxil is doing a pointless protest because of the monetization options now allowed, to spite BI he removed a feature most server admins use. so server admins get shafted, BI couldn't give a toss and carries on unaffected :rolleyes:

Yep, great protest, i can see this was well thought out and planned to cause maximum disruption </sarcasm>

So you get butthurt because you had to block ibattle in you host file and that he desided to quit because he did not want go along with Bis new policy.

He has after all given us a free service for years now be gratefull for that.
Atleast he has moral and dosent just sit by and whine about stuff.
He does something. if something usefull comes out of this is another case.
Bis ignores most in the community anyway.

From your previouse posts it looks like youre the one complaning :P

And where am i complaining ?

I just pointing out that cen should not Re-Distribute Bec.
And if you ever bothered to take a look at the Bec License file you can see this is not allowed.
I also pointed out that the download of the Bec files can still be donwloaded from the orginale source.

But people dosent give a crap about ip/cp etc etc rights anymore.

Did you even read the license?

Right of use.

=========================
Permission is granted to anyone to use this Software for private purpose, provided that the warranty disclaimer is accepted and the following conditions are met:

1. All redistributions must keep the original package intact. you must retain all copyright notices that are currently in place, and this license without modification.

2. The origin of this Software must not be misrepresented; you must not claim that you wrote the original Software.

3. You may not distribute this Software and|or charge a distribution fee, you must not represent in any way that you are selling the Software itself.
- Exception: As a Game Service Provider you are allowed to charge a fee for Bec. However, if this is done
a one time payment of 50 € (euros), is required, Payment is done through Paypal. contact email for more info.

4. Restrictions. Except as otherwise agreed in writing.
You shall have no right and you shall not permit any third party to:
Decompile, decrypt, disassemble, reverse engineer or attempt to reconstruct or discover any source code or underlying ideas like,
algorithms, file formats or programming or any files contained or generated using the Software by any means whatsoever.

5. The Software shall not be used for any Commercial or Military purpose unless otherwise agreed in writing.
- Exception: see exception for rule 3

6. Use of the software indicates his/her acceptance of all these terms and conditions.

7. If you do not agree to these conditions, delete all files related to this software from your media|storage.

Haha cen. seems like you re-Uploaded the file after i pointed out that files where removed, such as the license file :P
Also you still fail at rule 1.

1. All redistributions must keep the original package intact.
Its not the orginale package when you have repacked it :P

But im not gonna bother with this anymore, i got all the latest files and its not really my job to police this.
I'll use the orginale source if i need to redownload something. i can atleast be sure the files has not been tampered with.

No offence cen. but im always skeptic to some random download link posted in any forum, not only this one.

This was merly a classic example of how people dont understand license, copyright, ip-right these days.

In case other are equal as skeptic as me when it comes to random download links. you can use the orginale source.

Program.

ibattle.org/Downloads/Bec.zip

Plugins.

ibattle.org/Downloads/Plugins/ConnectionLimiter.zip
ibattle.org/Downloads/Plugins/Rss.zip
ibattle.org/Downloads/Plugins/ScriptBan.zip
ibattle.org/Downloads/Plugins/StaffNames.zip
ibattle.org/Downloads/Plugins/WatchDog.zip
ibattle.org/Downloads/Plugins/Ts3.zip
ibattle.org/Downloads/Plugins/Plugin-dev-example.zip

thanks for the upload @Cen , also was this the latest release? i believe im one update away from the last update

on another note

any reason why infistar made Cen , crying sound? lol

He added that so whenever a player complains in chat they get the crying baby sound :D