Battleye Extended Controls dead? [RESOLVED]

Muffin Man

Question

18 answers to this question

Right

Will have to edit your server's hosts file and add these:

127.0.0.1 ibattle.org
127.0.0.1 www.ibattle.org

BEC can now start up, and will look at your server for updates, and just fail, but at least continue working.  Reporting service also won't work anymore :-/

Source: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?180125-B-E-C-quot-Battleye-Extended-Controls-quot-Admin-tool-for-dedicated-servers&p=2882901#post2882901

Forgive my ignorance but what is the server host file and where is it located? I continue to get the "Waiting for server startup" when my BEC starts.

Your hosts file will be at C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc

This only applies if you run a dedicated server like Prone says, if you use a GSP then contact your host.

It should not be restarting if you configured the host file correctly, and your DNS lookups work as they should (look at host file first, then request DNS resolution from DNS server).

Why BEC restarting should cause connections to close also does not make sense to me, as BEC only interfaces with Battleye.  Unless you are running a whitelist or blocking of certain characters in player names.

Did your BEC work fine before with the same config it currently has?

Right

Will have to edit your server's hosts file and add these:

127.0.0.1 ibattle.org

BEC can now start up, and will look at your server for updates, and just fail, but at least continue working.  Reporting service also won't work anymore :-/

Source: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?180125-B-E-C-quot-Battleye-Extended-Controls-quot-Admin-tool-for-dedicated-servers&p=2882901#post2882901

Hello i have a dedicated rootserver but this solution does not work for me!

When i start BEC then comes this and then BEC closed.

13:15:01 : Starting plugin : WatchDog V.0.16
13:15:01 : Creating watchdog for admin file...
13:15:01 : Creating watchdog for command file...
13:15:01 : Checking for new Bec version...
13:15:01 : Creating watchdog for badwords file...
13:15:01 : Creating watchdog for badnames file...
13:15:01 : Creating watchdog for BE filter files...
13:15:05 : Connecting to Battleye server 5.9.153.164:2302
13:15:07 : No Valid response. Trying to reconnect.!
13:15:09 : Could not check for Bec update!
13:15:11 : No Valid response. Trying to reconnect.!

Anyone a idea to fix this problem?

I have BEC installed with the UEP installer tool, had no issues with it before, but now for some reason I absolutely cannot get the scheduler to work.  It is enabled in the config file, and BEC connects to the server just fine, but it will not schedule the messages or commands.

I use firedaemon to run the server and BEC as processes, so they automatically start just fine, but like I said, the scheduler doesn't work.  The only reason I want it is for the restart warning messages.  I can set firedaemon to automatically restart the server, but without warning messages it is inconvenient for players.  Anyone have any configs that work for sure?  Or a scheduler that works?  

I get the error stating that it couldn't check for a BEC update, could that possibly be the cause of it not scheduling commands?  I find that doubtful since it seems to work for other people even to this day.  So I am more leaning to my scheduler being coded wrong, or a typo. 

Thanks in advance.

***Edit:  I fixed it, nevermind.***

What server OS are you running?  I'm running Windows Server 2012 R2 and in that OS, processes that start with Firedaemon run in a separate interactive service space.  I can get FD to start Arma2 and BEC separately but BEC cannot find the Arma2 server in order to connect to it.  All works fine if done with batch files.  I have yet to figure out why it doesn't work on Windows Server 2012 R2.   Your problem sounds similar.  So how DID you fix it?  I may be able to apply the same (or similar fix) to mine.

On 8/14/2015 at 11:46 AM, colklutz88 said:

I have BEC installed with the UEP installer tool, had no issues with it before, but now for some reason I absolutely cannot get the scheduler to work.  It is enabled in the config file, and BEC connects to the server just fine, but it will not schedule the messages or commands.

I use firedaemon to run the server and BEC as processes, so they automatically start just fine, but like I said, the scheduler doesn't work.  The only reason I want it is for the restart warning messages.  I can set firedaemon to automatically restart the server, but without warning messages it is inconvenient for players.  Anyone have any configs that work for sure?  Or a scheduler that works?  

I get the error stating that it couldn't check for a BEC update, could that possibly be the cause of it not scheduling commands?  I find that doubtful since it seems to work for other people even to this day.  So I am more leaning to my scheduler being coded wrong, or a typo. 

Thanks in advance.

***Edit:  I fixed it, nevermind.***

Has anyone found the fix for this? This guy claims to have fixed it but mine keeps saying that it cant connect to battleeye server after i edited hosts file.. then shuts itself down.

5 hours ago, Giggles said:

Has anyone found the fix for this? This guy claims to have fixed it but mine keeps saying that it cant connect to battleeye server after i edited hosts file.. then shuts itself down.

How did you edit the host file? You may have done it incorrectly.

26 minutes ago, BigEgg said:

How did you edit the host file? You may have done it incorrectly.

I just added

127.0.0.1 ibattle.org

To the end of it, that didnt work so i got rid of all the 127.0.0.1 LocalHost's that I had in there.. Is this wrong?