Bec Service has been terminated.

Draftkid

WOW...

Well this was bad news... Looks like the dial home function stopped all from working for me... FIX.

Open notepad as Admin. (right click notepad run as admin). Then open your host file (%SYSTEMROOT%\System32\drivers\etc\hosts) and add the following to the bottom.

127.0.0.1 www.ibattle.org

127.0.0.1 ibattle.org

The following also should also work find if you put it into your run box then make your edits and save

runas.exe /user:Administrator "notepad %SYSTEMROOT%\System32\drivers\etc\hosts"
**Maybe due to me using reporter functions but this still fixed/bypassed that

The host file if you like is like a mini DNS server so you can get it to fake where a domain name resolves to.. You can only edit this file as Administrator.

So if you log onto your box then past the following into the run box (windows key+r) 

runas.exe /user:Administrator "notepad %SYSTEMROOT%\System32\drivers\etc\hosts"

it will ask for the admin password. Type the password in (also into this thread else it will not work  B) ).  This will then bring up a notepad window. Add the lines from above to that file and save it. Restart the server or gameserver and you should be good.

If you are using a hosting provider they may have todo this for you...

I wrote an email to the guy who wrote BEC. No response.  I searched the BI Forums and found this:

bec.jpg

icon6.png B.E.C. "Battleye Extended Controls" - Admin tool for dedicated servers

As a protest against Bis for allowing Server monetization i am terminating all services associated with Bec.

Good bye Bis it has been a great time.

Regards.

Nuxil

Last edited by nuxil; Yesterday at 
08:48
Reason:
 update!

Additional info:

quote_icon.png Originally Posted by nuxil viewpost-right.png
Now i feel that this hole "Arma 3 Server monetization" is rotten to the bone.

What they are basically doing it letting the server hoster earn the cash (those who host the game).
While the ones who makes the mission, framework makers, addons makers(vehicles,etc), map makers, just have to sit by and see their work cash in while they get nothing in return.
Things like this takes hundreds of hours to make. its easy peasy to setup a server and clash some addons and mission on a server.
And it does only take a few hours setting it up. "tweaking,admining,maintenance it is a another matter"

I hear alot of this: addon|map makers do it for fun, fame, etc.
Sure they do. Why the hell would the else be doing it.
Now why cant (server hoster's) do the same?.
Donation for server rent is another thing, which im ok with. But not direct profit to be made by hosting a game (and exploiting addon|mod makers work)

As a personal opinion i think that the "spirit" of arma should not be monetized at all. period.
Regards.
nuxil.

So I have been away from hosting my server for some time, I come back today go to start it up (everything was archived) and I get a bunch of really messed up errors, obviously some things needed to updated buuuuuut I am really confused as to how I am suppose to get BEC working again? I guess I don't so my question is how do I go about getting my a2 server back up and running without BEC? What else has changed since I have been gone :/ I mean I really expected to just be able to launch my server start up bat and away we go. Wish I knew this was the case before setting up MySQL and the database etc...

So I have been away from hosting my server for some time, I come back today go to start it up (everything was archived) and I get a bunch of really messed up errors, obviously some things needed to updated buuuuuut I am really confused as to how I am suppose to get BEC working again? I guess I don't so my question is how do I go about getting my a2 server back up and running without BEC? What else has changed since I have been gone :/ I mean I really expected to just be able to launch my server start up bat and away we go. Wish I knew this was the case before setting up MySQL and the database etc...

See this thread for info on continuing to use BEC: