BEC.

Scorpi

Question

The shared banlists (at least for your community) could be worked around with some clever coding / scripts. We only run 4 servers and bans are just spread manually over all 4, but with a bit of time you could automate the process. these files are autoreloaded when changed so should work.

BEC is just the tool that allows you to schedule spam and restarts etc.. It does NOT touch Battleye related filters/bans.

Sorry Noob (hahah had to get that in there, just messing with you) BEC is more then just that it also has some great functions for auto loading the filter variables(watchdog) file that makes the AH work for the A3 mod. It also has/had the reporting engine built in that worked on the community ban list @http://www.bansys.info/ and we found it picked up lots of hackers/players so yes it will probably mean some hackers will be able to get in but not all the BE native bans..

How will this effect the watchdog plugin for admin tool on epoch?

If you put the fix it all will just work as is no problems.. I suspect we will hear from the DEV's later as I wonder what they will do going forward but for now don't panic :-)

post-15741-0-48534100-1424268106_thumb.j

Thanks for the workaround - this was indeed a surprise. LOL for the folks who didn't know about Hosts file - guess the newer generation doesn't know everything!

'tis indeed a sad day when a dev feels it necessary to stop supporting a product, but I do understand his feelings.

Thanks for the workaround - this was indeed a surprise. LOL for the folks who didn't know about Hosts file - guess the newer generation doesn't know everything!

'tis indeed a sad day when a dev feels it necessary to stop supporting a product, but I do understand his feelings.

i have a real life so don't work on computers 24/7 not everyone is as smart as you and knows everything about configuring servers.

Remember this is a community server to help each other out if we all new everything about setting up servers and configuring them then there would be no point of this forum.

The point being .... what has he achived ? nothing, ok so some shared bans and the reporter accounts no longer works, everything else carries on as normal, pointless protest.

He's achieved lots of people thinking it was a dick move that hurts server admins and communities and doesn't affect Bohemia in the slightest.

Im tempted to make a replacement BEC now...

Actually what you should make is a tool that combines BEC and Dart in one. Kinda like a more modern version of Gotcha that is built for more than just DayZ. Support for multiple server connections in the same instance window would be awesome as well.