BEC.

Scorpi

Question

WOW...

Well this was bad news... Looks like the dial home function stopped all from working for me... FIX.

Open notepad as Admin. (right click notepad run as admin). Then open your host file (%SYSTEMROOT%\System32\drivers\etc\hosts) and add the following to the bottom.

127.0.0.1 www.ibattle.org

127.0.0.1 ibattle.org

The following also should also work find if you put it into your run box then make your edits and save

runas.exe /user:Administrator "notepad %SYSTEMROOT%\System32\drivers\etc\hosts"
**Maybe due to me using reporter functions but this still fixed/bypassed that

WOW...

Well this was bad news... Looks like the dial home function stopped all from working for me... FIX.

edit your host file and add the following

127.0.0.1 www.ibattle.org
127.0.0.1 ibattle.org

**Maybe due to me using reporter functions but this still fixed/bypassed that

Worked, Cheers.

Don't feel offended lol.

It's like someone who claims to be a car driver asking how to start the vehicle.

Some basic things (and hosts file is as basic as it can get) are truly the 1st baby steps someone learns when doing admin/network stuff.

I can ROFL as much as I want at ppl who together run 1000 servers and don't have a clue what they're doing, getting playernumers per server down and just don't know sh*t about how to admin/troubleshoot a server.

I have fixed it by blocking the Bec.exe in the firewall.

Yep, great fix if you can actually block those exe's (needs sw firewall).. it's basic port 80 traffic so trying to block it in your hardware router is harder unless you do the same as editing your hosts file: BIN all traffic to those 2 hosts.

Thanks, no need to be a dick about it.

Don't feel offended lol.

It's like someone who claims to be a car driver asking how to start the vehicle.

Some basic things (and hosts file is as basic as it can get) are truly the 1st baby steps someone learns when doing admin/network stuff.

I can ROFL as much as I want at ppl who together run 1000 servers and don't have a clue what they're doing, getting playernumers per server down and just don't know sh*t about how to admin/troubleshoot a server.

not everyone knows everything, they do learn as they go nedfox. I've come a long way and still don't know everything but I can tell you I've spent hours each day reading and learning new things. I haven't been to any networking classes but I have 8 hours each day being a supervisor at work with a lot of spare time! Thank you again for your knowledge about this and helping many poor people out..