Helicopter Parachute Supply Drop

tdavison

I was just on my server. There was a marker for the supply box and it hadn't been cleared yet when a second helicopter came and dropped another box somewhere else. Should another helicopter come if the last supply box wasn't found yet? If so, could we get an option to make it so the timer for the chopper won't begin if there's an unfound supply box?

I was just on my server. There was a marker for the supply box and it hadn't been cleared yet when a second helicopter came and dropped another box somewhere else. Should another helicopter come if the last supply box wasn't found yet? If so, could we get an option to make it so the timer for the chopper won't begin if there's an unfound supply box?

I'll have to test that more - but on my public server, a new helicopter doesn't come out until the supply crate has been triggered by a player, or its time expired. Been running since 10AM and never missed a beat as far as timers go. Did you modify any of the timers?

I'll have to test that more - but on my public server, a new helicopter doesn't come out until the supply crate has been triggered by a player, or its time expired. Been running since 10AM and never missed a beat as far as timers go. Did you modify any of the timers?

Nope, haven't modified any timers. Maybe the timer ran out but the marker didn't disappear?

Altis:)

I can't reproduce your issues - I played from 10am - midnight last weekend, and had no problems whatsoever with the markers. I did update to v1.0b which helped with marker variance due to the crate drifting while in flight. Everything else worked the way it was scripted.

I have a user telling me that the supply drops started appearing about one a minute today. I'm not home so i can't look into it but i thought I'd mention it.

Can you find out if this just starting happening randomly? Was it after a fresh restart? How many players were on? etc. 

I used diag_TickTime to aid in the timing of drops... but that might not have been the best choice (although it has worked perfectly - I added a bunch of diag logs to tell me when the drops start/stop etc). Unfortunately, my public test server has had really low populations, so I cannot test effectively on a high-population server. Sorry for so many questions, I don't have a good test harness to work with.

I just logged onto my server after getting home from work and found 12 supply crates. They are dropping about every 3 - 5 minutes. There were 5 players on and the server's been running about 3 hours.

Was it a fresh install, or has it been running fine until today? Very weird that it is not cleaning up those crates if no one gets within the range to activate victory conditions. The only thing I can consider at this point is that the diag_tickTime is tied to individual players which is causing the timers some havoc. I'll try to test on this some more - I may have to use serverTime or some other timer to que off of.

Was it a fresh install, or has it been running fine until today? Very weird that it is not cleaning up those crates if no one gets within the range to activate victory conditions. The only thing I can consider at this point is that the diag_tickTime is tied to individual players which is causing the timers some havoc. I'll try to test on this some more - I may have to use serverTime or some other timer to que off of.

The server runs in 4 hour restarts. At 12:53 EST someone posted about the supply drops going crazy. This was about 7 hours later that I logged on, so it persisted across restarts. I was on the server for about a 1/2 an hour and saw the helicopters appearing every 3 - 5 minutes myself.

The server runs in 4 hour restarts. At 12:53 EST someone posted about the supply drops going crazy. This was about 7 hours later that I logged on, so it persisted across restarts. I was on the server for about a 1/2 an hour and saw the helicopters appearing every 3 - 5 minutes myself.

I plan on getting a different server today and will start with vanilla EPOCH and only my mission for testing. I should have an updated version by end of weekend. I plan to update the timers, and do some additional crate cleanup (currently crate will not get de-spawned if a player gets within range of it/loots it). Thanks for letting me know about the issues.

V1.0b Hotfix added to my github: https://github.com/tdavison70/Helicopter-Supply-Drop/releases

Below are the changes:

• Moved all functions to separate file and compile on init
  • Replaced sleep command with uiSleep for performance issues
  • Crates get cleaned up whether they are found or not
  • Better handling for timers

Hopefully, the timer issue is fixed. Below is an excerpt from my RPT files this weekend which show them working. I apologize if anyone has issues. You can see it sending choppers out about every 20 minutes, and crates get deleted now. You can set SDROP_Debug = false; if you don't want entries added to your RPT file.

16:59:55 [SDROP]: Starting Supply Drop Mission Framework.

17:14:58 [SDROP]: Helicopter spawned, and moving to WP
17:19:11 [SDROP]: Crate landed. Starting Crate de-spawn timer
17:49:11 [SDROP]: No players found the crate. Deleted crate

18:04:17 [SDROP]: Helicopter spawned, and moving to WP
18:06:55 [SDROP]: Crate landed. Starting Crate de-spawn timer
18:49:04 [SDROP]: Player found crate. Crate Deleted after timeout. Restarting new drop.

19:04:05 [SDROP]: Helicopter spawned, and moving to WP
19:08:41 [SDROP]: Crate landed. Starting Crate de-spawn timer
19:38:41 [SDROP]: No players found the crate. Deleted crate

19:53:44 [SDROP]: Helicopter spawned, and moving to WP
19:59:45 [SDROP]: Crate landed. Starting Crate de-spawn timer
20:29:45 [SDROP]: No players found the crate. Deleted crate

20:44:48 [SDROP]: Helicopter spawned, and moving to WP