What do you want to see in an ideal epoch server?

SJ86

Hi guys, first time posting here. I am thinking of starting a new epoch server designed to fit the needs of our epoch player base. Just want to scope for some ideas of what people want from a server. I don't really want to overload it with mods that people may not want so please comment below and give me an idea of what is a good mod to have on the server.

Thanks!

So... I went ahead and decided to make one anyways. Anyone from this community is welcome to join and please message me for any suggestions. Here are the details:

NEW DayZ Epoch Chernarus - 176.9.111.100:2802 (1.0.5.1)

Bbxgkla.png?1  

HIGH PERFORMANCE DEDICATED SERVER
Server Restarts every 4 hours starting at 03:48 GMT with several warnings

PvP & PvE Veteran Server so, not for the faint hearted. You reap what you sow! Please don't cry if you get popped, retaliate! It's DayZ after all....

Anti-Hacks running are infistar & BattleEye. No Hacking, Duping/Exploits, Voice In Side.

Starting Loadout: Matches, Hatchet, Toolbox, Map, Painkillers, Flashlight & 2xBandages
600+ Vehicles
Single Currency
Heavily guarded AI City with great rewards
Plot Management
Self Bloodbag (Right click on bloodbag in gear)
Indestructible Bases
Advanced AI! - Team up on the hard missions as they're really sharp.
Free Refuel - At all fuel stations, pumps, tanks etc (except gas tanks)
Repair & Rearm - At cost, at all fuel stations, pumps, tanks etc. (except gas tanks) (Have to get into gunner position first)
Restart Warnings - 4 (15 mins, 10 mins, 5 mins & 1 minute)
Safe Zones - At trader cities with backpack anti-theft, speed limit & AI deleted within 200m
Build Snap Pro - Toggleable clean, faster building and can attach different objects to each other!
Additional Buildings - Extra lootable buildings and military bases
Deployable Bike - From toolbox, helps get you going if new spawn (Right click on Toolbox in gear)
Custom Debug Monitor (HUD) - Player name, FPS, Skin, Days Survived, Zombies Killed, Headshots, Murders, Bandits Killed, Humanity, Blood, Server Up-Time(Toggles on 'End' key)
Take Clothes - Remove clothes from dead bodies (AI, players and your own dead body)

b_560_95_1.png

Anything to make things easier, so stuff like

quick trade

selling chainsaws

missions 

auto-refuel

and deploy bike 

more would be good but they are the basics

Thank you for your advice, they are actually all in there already including Zupa's Single Currency and Advanced Trade. Special thanks to the people in this community sharing their designs and mods to make servers like this possible.

Everything that's NOT on your list basically. 

I've been looking sooooooo long for a non-pussified server without starting tools, DeploySuperCarrierFromScrapMetal, 24 DayLightOMG2THEMAXvisibility, 600.000+ vehicles and a 4 dollar 99 cents-skyscraper donation scheme, but theres just nothing out there... and that's why this mod is dying. For me, at least... 

Don't get me wrong. I'm all for added content, nondestroyable bases and other features that incite people to stick around and do other things than just griefing the shit out of each other. But it's beyond me how people enjoy playing on the vast majority of servers out there. It's like Wasteland for the risk averse, really... 

Everything that's NOT on your list basically. 

I've been looking sooooooo long for a non-pussified server without starting tools, DeploySuperCarrierFromScrapMetal, 24 DayLightOMG2THEMAXvisibility, 600.000+ vehicles and a 4 dollar 99 cents-skyscraper donation scheme, but theres just nothing out there... and that's why this mod is dying. For me, at least... 

Don't get me wrong. I'm all for added content, nondestroyable bases and other features that incite people to stick around and do other things than just griefing the shit out of each other. But it's beyond me how people enjoy playing on the vast majority of servers out there. It's like Wasteland for the risk averse, really... 

Yes I agree with you, that is the reason why I wanted to start my own server. I really enjoy having to deal with the night time part of DayZ (+ the light effects in the Arma2 engine is just about the only thing thats good about it). I actually want this server to be a harsh environment that DayZ is suppose to be. But I do acknowledge that running for hours and hours aint exactly fun, hence the vehicle and deployable bikes. This server actually has the full weather system turned on so having a sniper doesn't make you boss of all.  Again, I am open for more suggestions.