DayZ Epoch Development / Patch 1.0.6

3sec

I've been watching the DayZ Epoch development on Github for a while and ofc I've noticed that there's not so much activity compared to one year ago. The next version is already 4 months late but there seems to be people who still try to make 1.0.6 possible. (Since I'm going to have some free time next month...) I've got some questions regarding the DayZ/Arma 2 Epoch development.

1. Many issues are marked for the "1.0.6" milestone. The issue list ( https://github.com/vbawol/DayZ-Epoch/milestones/1.0.6 ) is long and contains old items (Oct 2013 is the oldest). Is there any more prioritized list available (like without enhancements/features and already fixed things)? 

2. (My favourite): Rebuild Epoch with DayZ 1.8 as base #1022 ( https://github.com/vbawol/DayZ-Epoch/issues/1022 )
The issue isn't closed (only some fixes are marked), but I can see some changelog entries which indicate that some parts of DayZ 1.8 have been ported. What's the status? If open, is there a way to restart Epoch as 1.1.x version based on 1.8.3/4?

3. Are there any plans (by the dev team) about the future of Epoch for Arma 2? Is the project dead because of the MANW contest? Anything else we should know?

That's all so far... thanks in advance  :)

I am aware that software has a life cycle, just like most everything else. I just don't see why a popular game gets abandoned for a newer flavour when there are a lot of people still happily playing the older flavour with no desire to switch? I got all excited, as I am sure everyone else on the Arma 2 Epoch section of these forums, when it was announced that DayZ Evolved was taking shape and would prove to be better than the current version in a lot of ways. Now the Evolved forums have turned into a ghostown spam fest ..... It appears the ARMA2 Dayz/Epoch community might be heading the same direction and that saddens me.  

AWOL addressed the issue of an A2 Epoch update: 

I merged several pull requests from the community into the master branch recently, I would like to spend some time on it but I am still pushing hard to get the next version of A3 Epoch release.

If someone wants to test and help debug this current build on github for release contact me.

• 2 weeks later...

I created at the end of last month to record issues onthe forums to get better visibility than just reporting on the Git and to show people that creating a test server for 1.0.6 is not that difficult.  Anyone wanting to test please feel free to join in.