Hero, Bandit, Neutral for ARMA 3 Epoch?

Gotcha

Hi Guys,

Are there any plans to work on some role play in the game like in arma 2 epoch (hero, bandit, neutral)?

suggestions

*remove military clothes from loot table (only civilian clothes in the loot table)

*neutral players can only buy civilian clothes at the current tranders

*hero trader where only hero's can buy clothes (military look)

*bandit trader where only bandits can buy clothes (military look)

Really hope to see some work on this since everybody just kill eachother atm.

• 4 months later...

Hi Guys,

Are there any plans to work on some role play in the game like in arma 2 epoch (hero, bandit, neutral)?

suggestions

*remove military clothes from loot table (only civilian clothes in the loot table)

*neutral players can only buy civilian clothes at the current tranders

*hero trader where only hero's can buy clothes (military look)

*bandit trader where only bandits can buy clothes (military look)

Really hope to see some work on this since everybody just kill eachother atm.

One way to get people to not focus on killing each other would be to significantly up the rate for Antagonists to spawn on loot and random activity.  :)

They tried it for arma 2 epoch did not help with KIS

hero bandit is needed its something extra to aim for !

Done and done and done.

Hero and bandit Stat and rank tracking.

hero ai and bandit ai missions with proper rank changes

bandit/hero only trader, going to split em up this week for hero only and bandit only.

Done and done and done.

Hero and bandit Stat and rank tracking.

hero ai and bandit ai missions with proper rank changes

bandit/hero only trader, going to split em up this week for hero only and bandit only.

Yes nice sly plug for features on your server, but these are not Epoch wide features. Please could you be open and frank about your response and state these are just server specific whilst OP was looking for an Epoch wide discussion.

One way to get people to not focus on killing each other would be to significantly up the rate for Antagonists to spawn on loot and random activity.   :)

Only problem with that is, other than AI patrols/missions, most server owners seem to have severely restricted or removed entirely the creatures from the game. So it just feels like Wasteland with more base building which really doesn't feel right.. I will happily admit to missing the zombies from A2.. Yes they were buggy and annoying at times but they were also a constant threat, especially if you got trapped in somewhere.. Can't help but feel Epoch is missing something like that, an enemy that is relatively simple to kill yet spawns in large quantities and is a constant problem for you.. AI and the very rare antagonist spawns just don't fill that gap currently..

Yes nice sly plug for features on your server, but these are not Epoch wide features. Please could you be open and frank about your response and state these are just server specific whilst OP was looking for an Epoch wide discussion.

Sir my plug for my server is in my advertisements, my releases to the community and my forums.

How about you go read my Quick and Dirty Stats post....

You feel the need to step on me because I'm giving my players and the epoch community what the ask for?

that's a smart way to get the guy that adds this feature to release his work, which I announced would be later this week or early next week....

Great job keep up the great work, how about you write it and release it then

Sir my plug for my server is in my advertisements, my releases to the community and my forums.

How about you go read my Quick and Dirty Stats post....

You feel the need to step on me because I'm giving my players and the epoch community what the ask for?

that's a smart way to get the guy that adds this feature to release his work, which I announced would be later this week or early next week....

Great job keep up the great work, how about you write it and release it then

DirtySanchez all I asked for was clarity in your statement that you were discussing something you had developed, (well done, thank you), and was server specific and that your features were not Epoch wide. Not sure how I 'stepped' on you with my average sized feet, but sorry I left an indelible impression.

I appreciate that some just want to play DayZ Epoch on the Arma 3 engine.

I for one am looking forward to more new ideas and fresh approaches. Be they in storyline, antagonists, building method, trading and even a karmic or psychological component that affects the players' choice in style of play. 

Keep doing what your doing, and if i feel the need to comment I will.