Zombies on server

Breau

Hello, I am new to Arma 3 Epoch, so I setup a server as I like the mod and I seen other servers. I got a newbie questions, is there zombies is the Epoch Vanilla or do I need to add some?

I played a bit on my server and I have not seen any, so I figure I need a script?

Thanks for any help

What you want to do is look around in this forum for any references to "Antagonists", which is the primary threat to you in A3:Epoch.

You will trigger these by looting, or by killing players, or random. There is a config option for you to increase these values from the default if you want to make it harder for the server.

The "Zombie" addon that was in Arma2 isn't allowed in A3 by it's makers... It's sad, but as you can see in the name, going from Dayz Epoch to "Epoch" you get the way it's handled; Many servers compensate by doing AI missions, or on Taviana revive the Origins feeling, to provide some PVE content.

the game is going to be boring.. this zombie feeling was great, this atmosphere can´t be  substituted with one sapper in 5 Minutes...

These new Monster and this fucking stone giant is not the right way in my opinion. I hope that we can forbid this awful stonething, hate it, before it came...

This HMG tank drone.... WTF... really?? I won´t allow this on our server, this is bullshit.

I really ask myself, where this game is going to..

well, the most amazing antagonist in my opinion is Cultist. Once it grabs you you can waste whole clip trying to kill it, and it reduces your stamina instantly, I love it. More antagonists should appear during the night time and leave day time only to AI patrols, like drones etc. Of course I'm just brainstorming ideas, maybe other people have different view of what Epoch should look like. But night should be reserved to certain type of antagonists which appear only during the night, in my opinion.

the game is going to be boring.. this zombie feeling was great, this atmosphere can´t be  substituted with one sapper in 5 Minutes...

These new Monster and this fucking stone giant is not the right way in my opinion. I hope that we can forbid this awful stonething, hate it, before it came...

This HMG tank drone.... WTF... really?? I won´t allow this on our server, this is bullshit.

I really ask myself, where this game is going to..

If you feel that a sapper every 5 minute is boring, then up the probability significantly - I dare you. :)

Gigantor (My name for the Rock monster.. ooh..  wait.. Gorignack maybe?) is not out yet - so you having an opinion on how the game play will be with it is not something I will pay any attention to.

Any of the new content coming will be awesome until people figure out if it is something they like or not. Before then, stop making yourself look silly.  :)

This game is going in an awesome direction, and with us only seeing 25.4% of the game, we really cant say for sure how it will be in the end - so cool your jets, sit back and enjoy the ride.

So far so good, I only started playing Epoch "not even tried the arma 2 one" yesterday and just love it hehe. I really going to look into adding more "mutans/zombies" to my server and boosting up the AI Missions and Difficulty a bit.

• 5 months later...

I agree there needs to be "Zeds(zombies)" added in or at least an option for those that wish it.  If someone voices their opinion, they shouldn't get a rely to 'cool their jets' or 'stop making yourself look silly' this is a suggestion/ General Discussion area just because you or others are not inline with the suggestion doesn't mean you or others need to lash out on the person making the it. Shows lack of maturity and respect for the person's opinion.

The current configuration is "ok'.  I think giving admins the ability to add in zombie trolling about like in A2 is a needed option.   DayZ Standalone should be a cue on where not to go.  I like A3 just not exactly in agreement with the lack of zombies in a zombie apocalypse  game.  

(to me): the sappers are just like having roaming AI that show up, not everyone digs this so up'ing the value of antagonist isn't the methodology I would want or choose.  I probably with stay with A2 until it dies or until someone mods an option for zombies in or if the devs add in an option for zombies + current, current only, or zombies only. 

NOTE: the term "zombies" are in context of A2, I don't consider the current setup as zombies on A3.  Just so there isn't a confusion on what I mean. 

If you feel that a sapper every 5 minute is boring, then up the probability significantly - I dare you. :)

Gigantor (My name for the Rock monster.. ooh..  wait.. Gorignack maybe?) is not out yet - so you having an opinion on how the game play will be with it is not something I will pay any attention to.

Any of the new content coming will be awesome until people figure out if it is something they like or not. Before then, stop making yourself look silly.  :)

This game is going in an awesome direction, and with us only seeing 25.4% of the game, we really cant say for sure how it will be in the end - so cool your jets, sit back and enjoy the ride.

If you want zombies try this 

Or as you say stay with Arma2 DayZ Epoch Mod, but under no circumstances will you be able to have those DayZ style zombies available in Arma 3, as Bohemia will not allow those assets to be ported.

As Glenn calmly and cogently said this mod is far from finished. I too am excited for what else is coming, and will reserve judgement till such time as it is more fully formed.

Thank you, that is exactly what I figured but no one said it anywhere.   BI loves to shoot themselves in their feet.  I would be bending over backwards to help mod designers if a mod increased our sales base about 500% which is a rough figure people have been throwing out.  I am guessing here that they want to promote SA only.  

Maybe Dean sold out the mod and rights to BI? because its very odd that he made the mod on top of Arma 2 and yet it was allowed and now its not. *shrug*

I like A3/Epoch and its design minus the lack of zeds which now I understand.  Thank again SSR I will check out that link.

If you want zombies try this 

Or as you say stay with Arma2 DayZ Epoch Mod, but under no circumstances will you be able to have those DayZ style zombies available in Arma 3, as Bohemia will not allow those assets to be ported.

As Glenn calmly and cogently said this mod is far from finished. I too am excited for what else is coming, and will reserve judgement till such time as it is more fully formed.

Maybe Dean sold out the mod and rights to BI? because its very odd that he made the mod on top of Arma 2 and yet it was allowed and now its not. *shrug*

BI did indeed buy the rights to Dayz and all code, so they released Dayz SA and have now banned any use of Dayz code in A3

So zombies are allowed, you just have to write the code yoursef, Dayz code can only be used on A2

For the real zombi athlete use this the new v2.0 of the Ryanzombies    (Thx Ryan)

https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/182412-zombies-demons-also-a-ruger-44-magnum-bolt-action-rifle/

Got the roaming spiderzeds (just 3 coz alone u barely make it alive outside their spawningzone) wich can jump

Just playing around with 'm on the editor , but if u want a challenge put them into mission.sqm to spawn in (i favor graveyards)

Edit

Well seems that these roaming/jumping zeds are more then capable to defend any high loot pos , just 3 and they can jump in your group

well mostly u got killed by friendly fire (else u got eaten by a zed) so its focus and dont panic

At night time u dont have nvg! , u simply got eaten ( so high mil looting pos is dangerzone when zeds spawn there )

just adjust spawnrate,spanwdistance / zedcount and its not a PvP game anymore (u got a base build highwalls and hope they dont come near)