Players on your server!

SadBoy1981

I would love to get namalsk going, well i can.. i just need someone with terrain experience to help fix it... or i might just do it another way, the other way is to hide objects but there are objects that need replacing ! ,,, patch it up way! which i am avoiding so far.... anyone who can remove/ replace map objects please get in touch :-)

That's why I said Darth should tackle it lol.

Honestly I probably won't ever do Namalsk.  There's too many bugs with it in Arma 3, the map really isn't big enough for more than 40 players and, while Namalsk does have a good apocalyptic feel, I don't think it's well suited to Epoch simply because the terrain doesn't support many buildable areas.  It would be good solely for PvP in my opinion.   If my community grows and we need a second server it's far more likely that we will do either Altis or some other yet to be released map.  

That's why I said Darth should tackle it lol.

Myself and Darth had a chat about namalsk a while back, the bugs are to do with the map itself not something you can fix with a script, I was more keen on Namalsk than Darth was I am sure , he loves his giant green lands ;-) lol

But yes as Darth said there a few map object that are not working, hence why I advertised else where for terrain expert to help, someone will need to fix and then make the download available for both server and clients, obviously since the map itself will be edited I would image that person would also need to get permission from namalsk authors before editing it...

Your best bet is to ask some of the guys that are working on building new terrains in the terrain discussion threads. If they would be willing to take such project is another thing though!

I currently have Namalsk server on my test box, works great as far as epoch ... only the map issues (although I only found 4 objects glitched so far, two buildings and two floors) everything else works fine...

Honestly I probably won't ever do Namalsk.  There's too many bugs with it in Arma 3, the map really isn't big enough for more than 40 players and, while Namalsk does have a good apocalyptic feel, I don't think it's well suited to Epoch simply because the terrain doesn't support many buildable areas.  It would be good solely for PvP in my opinion.   If my community grows and we need a second server it's far more likely that we will do either Altis or some other yet to be released map.  

What's your knowledge on xCam now? you used it? I am wondering if you can remove or edit terrain objects! and yes that is the reason I like Namalsk over Altis and Bornholm, I think we need A3 winter map around the size of Namalsk or slightly bigger not much tho ... 

I agree 40-45 is perfect for namalsk however, I do think  for Altis you would need 100+ and about 110-120 players for Bornholm to have a decent gaming experience.

Marvin, I'd ask the server owner.  Did the server owner install ai on Sector B?  We've got about 80ish ai on Sector B...   It's not a fix, it's a do.  If the server owner doesn't install the ai they aren't there.  I use A3EAI for Sector B, very easy and straightforward.

I wonder how that Australia map will be if it ever gets finished.. My only fear is it will be way too massive and have performance issues.

It's going to be over twice the size of Sauerland.

The old ported maps (for me) get old really quickly when you played on them before.  They lose that "This map was great" feeling really quickly and it turns into "been there... seen that".