Players on your server!

SadBoy1981

My 2 cents , having a server wipe for 3.0 isn't bad in my opinion , It may help some servers , People don't like leaving a server they have grown tired of , whatever the reason , they have too much "time" invested . With a wipe they can find a new home with nothing to lose . Being part of a gaming community with a lot of players doesn't hurt either :P

My 2 cents , having a server wipe for 3.0 isn't bad in my opinion , It may help some servers , People don't like leaving a server they have grown tired of , whatever the reason , they have too much "time" invested . With a wipe they can find a new home with nothing to lose . Being part of a gaming community with a lot of players doesn't hurt either :P

Hope we get some new players after that! =)

Get a decent starter group,  nobody joins an empty server.

Give real & professionel support to your players. Giving away free shit makes u seem desperate and abusive.

Be able to actually bugfix issues, and be able to explain them to your users.

Be different then the rest, copying forum scripts ( at this stage) isn't really different. Cus all the good scripts that the high end scripters make don't get released this early.

And something applying to you personally

Your server displays as Russian.

80 procent of Russians that we get on our servers are trying to get trought the antihack. I know not everyone, but it's def a higher possibility if someone is russian that he is a script kiddie ^^

Get a decent starter group,  nobody joins an empty server.

Give real & professionel support to your players. Giving away free shit makes u seem desperate and abusive.

Be able to actually bugfix issues, and be able to explain them to your users.

Be different then the rest, copying forum scripts ( at this stage) isn't really different. Cus all the good scripts that the high end scripters make don't get released this early.

And something applying to you personally

Your server displays as Russian.

80 procent of Russians that we get on our servers are trying to get trought the antihack. I know not everyone, but it's def a higher possibility if someone is russian that he is a script kiddie ^^

I have some different script modifications on my server, also i give support to people and help to play.

We have gserver group and also soon open website.

About russian players, yes maybe not 80% but more than 50% try to get trought the antihack.

b_560_95_1.png

Too many servers for 400-500 players of Arma 3 Epoch. If those serves were "public" so to speak where you jump from another and can transfer your gear it would be easier to populate them. Now they are all private shards. If you get gear in one server you will have to start from scratch in another so you will stay in your first server, especially if it has some nicer features.

Also everybody wants to be an admin in a server, so that's that. I think it is one of the reasons there are so much servers. The mod is great, it is not obscure enough to justify such low player base. Yeah it is less finished than A2 Epoch (never played, saw only videos) but it is much more beautiful and much more interesting, as Chernarus - I can vomit by even hearing its name). Altis is 100 times more polished map than A2 Chernarus. But that's just my opinion. I used to hate Altis and still do sometimes, but a lot less than before.

So yeah, everyone wants to be an admin in their server so they never collaborate with other likeminded people. Everybody thinks they have the best vision of what Epoch should be, they are better scripters, have better sense of what is just fair or bad, what is ok to do and not to do etc. etc.

So you get a couple of servers which are half full all the time, because people love PvP aspect in Epoch (I personally not very much) and there are tons of 5-20 people servers with hardcore players who invested time in them and just having fun with their friends etc and there are third group - servers with only admins playing. I do not go to those and I am glad I figured it out fast enough which one is which.

If you are an admin, think like this: why would you play on this or that server? There are TONS of them. Why should people play on your server and start from scratch again? There are hundreds of admins with the same problem. And it is because there are too much damn servers and too little people play Epoch in A3. You can't go from server to server, you have to STAY and play in it if you want fun, build a base, or raid a base or jsut do AI mission whatever. The only way currently such admins can "populate" their servers is if they had 20-30 friends playing in it 24/7 or at least in peak hours. Otherwise, it is just another server with an admin online.

Harsh but true.

All these quiet and empty servers, I wish a few would recognise it's a low pop mod, and maybe allow their server for practice in anticipation of the next update and wipe.

Empty server owner, give me unlimited building supplies, along with others wanting to practice building. You'd have a population, albeit with the understanding the server gets wiped in a week or two upon the next patch.

You've fuck all to lose.

good idea. Would love to try out some base ideas, like sky base, solar tower base (saw one already, wanted to build myself).

Me too, but apart from donating, how could we get the materials?

In steps a zero pop server owner, he says come on my server, choose your spot, shout me in Ts, and I'll come and give you the supplies.

We practice building, go check out each others' work, post screenshots on their forums etc. He now has a community.

Server wipes, but there's a chance many that practiced the building will remain on that server after the wipe/update.

Like I said....fuck all to lose.