[Release] Taxi script v0.2

5nine

remind me, why do i even bother checking back on this thread? its NOT epoch antihack compatible! atleast read the first post before you attempt to install a script... 

Im gonna help you anyway, use mgm's Transport for Arma instead, because IF you read his first post, it IS epoch AH compatible, but you might have to spent a couple of minutes configuring that script which might be to much for you lazy f-cker..

edit: oh, i forgot to give you a link to mgm's thread, because searching is probably not for you now, is it? 

Sorry! It was my fault and thanks for helping me. You right guy, my f*cking lazy mind was not able to read your third warning paragraph of your first post. On the other hand thanks for sharing with me the right thread: so dumb myself to search something too obvious.

• 1 month later...

This doesn't work with infistar either.  Follwed the install directions to the letter, even checked and re-checked.  I get the green menu to call taxi when I scroll my mouse wheel but nothing ever happens.  In the RPT I see this

19:21:42 "<infiSTAR.de FNC_AH1408_KICKLOGSPAWN> ["aw66144n4cqco3c38",["Shaun","76561197969733810","ALOG",[86,101,104,105,99,108,101,32,77,97,114,107,101,114,32,45,32,49]]]"
19:21:42 "<infiSTAR.de>AdminLog| 0h 02min | Shaun(76561197969733810) | Vehicle Marker - 1 (v0185)"

Anyone have any thoughts?

Interesting glitch. If you call a taxi, then get in, then while in taxi you log off game, the taxi stays with the person that logs off until server restart. I.E. anyone else that calls a taxi gets the script that says "Please Wait and try again later the Taxi is occupied" or something to that effect. No one else can use it in this case.

I realize this script does not work for servers that contain AH Epoch antihack. I also respect your not developing any further 5nine. So this question is for those that might read this and understand SQF coding.

My question is there a way to make it work? Our other server has AH Epoch so I was looking at why it doesn't work.

I have found it works fine on the server if I just change, in the epochAH.hpp file

antihack_addActionCheck = true

to

antihack_addActionCheck = false

I also found from https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/addAction , Description of AddAction

that in this mod AddAction is called out 8 times. All on the MPMission side.

In the init_cab1.sqf, init_cab2.sqf, init_cab3.sqf for cab1,cab2,and cab3

addcab = player addaction ["<t color='#00FF00'>Call for Taxi</t>",{

if (cab1occupied) then {

["cabtext",["Currently occupied, please try again in moment"]] call bis_fnc_showNotification;

} else {

["cabtext",["Calling for cab, it should arrive shortly"]] call bis_fnc_showNotification;

getcab = "cab1";

publicVariableServer "getcab";

It is also called out in “player_join_cab.sqf”

stopcab = _cab addaction ["<t color=#FF00FF'>Stop the cab!</t>",{(_this select 0) setVariable ["AskStopCab", true, true];},"",-99,false,false,"","];

} else {

cutText [chatter_welcome, "PLAIN DOWN",1];

isjustpassenger = false;

_cab setvariable ["gotin", true, true];

add1 = _cab addaction [format ["<t color=#00FF00'>Take me to %1</t>",_name1],{(_this select 0) setvariable ["cabdest", 1, true];},"",-94,false,true,"","];

add2 = _cab addaction [format ["<t color=#00FF00'>Take me to %1</t>",_name2],{(_this select 0) setvariable ["cabdest", 2, true];},"",-95,false,true,"","];

add3 = _cab addaction [format ["<t color=#00FF00'>Take me to %1</t>",_name3],{(_this select 0) setvariable ["cabdest", 3, true];},"",-96,false,true,"","];

add4 = _cab addaction [format ["<t color=#00FF00'>Take me to %1</t>",_name4],{(_this select 0) setvariable ["cabdest", 4, true];},"",-97,false,true,"","];

First, I’m not much of a SQF coder but is there a way to recode this to not use addaction thereby making this mod usable for AH antihack? I’m thinking this is the only reason the mod is banning players with AH antihack.

If not am I leaving myself vulnerable by making  antihack_addActionCheck = false

from what i recall it is only addactions attached to player that gets you kicked by epoch ah, not addactions attached to objects, in this case a vehicle (_cab), so it could be worth a shot if you change the method to call a cab, maybe attach an addaction to an object inside each trader instead?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
  • vbawol unpinned this topic
  • 2 weeks later...

Thread starter 5nine been kind in the past and advised people to use the other taxi mod created by me because he stopped working on his. This is just a quick update that I am back to actively developing my script.

It still functions as a "taxi script" and bus services still WIP.
In the past I did a couple of releases but they were in obfuscated form due to being super early phase/spaghetti code/weird comments in code etc. I have now cleaned up the code a bit and for the first time released the source code.

If anyone is still interested in taxis please head over to => 

thanks