[Release] Taxi script v0.2

5nine

And btw, after adding this taxi script, my other menus in the scroll menu are no longer working when leaving spawn areas where call cab is allowed. My Event Menu to call airdrops shows and works as intended when im in range to Call Cab, but as soon as i leave the zone to call cab my Event Menu dissapears with the Call Cab. Anyone know why thats happening? Its like they both are synced now and only work when in call cab zone.

#0 "callcab" = "cab1" is what it says in publicvariable.log

i have the following in publicvariableval.txt

5 "call" !"callcab"

and the following in publicvariable.txt

5 "" !="cab1" !="cab2" !="cab3" !="EPOCH_(UP|SAVE|PAINT|MAINT)BUILD" !="EPOCH_(say3D|switchMove|storeCrypto|TEMPOBJ|packJack)_PVS"  !="EPOCH_(load|revive|dead|push)Player_PVS" !="EPOCH_(build|equipped)Item_PVS" !="EPOCH_GROUP_(Upgrade|Player|create|Delete|Invite)_PVS" !="EPOCH_(lock|pack)Storage_PVS" !="EPOCH_(unlock|lock|fill|repair)Vehicle_PVS" !="EPOCH_(knockDownTree|destroyTrash|MAKETRADEREQ|MAKETRADE|S_S_VEHICLES|MAKENPCTRADE|oneWayTP)" !="EPOCH_Loot(Animal|Container|Building)" !="EPAH_[a-z]{5,10}"

#0 "callcab" = "cab1" is what it says in publicvariable.log

i have the following in publicvariableval.txt

5 "call" !"callcab"

and the following in publicvariable.txt

5 "" !="cab1" !="cab2" !="cab3" !="EPOCH_(UP|SAVE|PAINT|MAINT)BUILD" !="EPOCH_(say3D|switchMove|storeCrypto|TEMPOBJ|packJack)_PVS"  !="EPOCH_(load|revive|dead|push)Player_PVS" !="EPOCH_(build|equipped)Item_PVS" !="EPOCH_GROUP_(Upgrade|Player|create|Delete|Invite)_PVS" !="EPOCH_(lock|pack)Storage_PVS" !="EPOCH_(unlock|lock|fill|repair)Vehicle_PVS" !="EPOCH_(knockDownTree|destroyTrash|MAKETRADEREQ|MAKETRADE|S_S_VEHICLES|MAKENPCTRADE|oneWayTP)" !="EPOCH_Loot(Animal|Container|Building)" !="EPAH_[a-z]{5,10}"

Can anyone help me with this? Im very eager to test this =D I added the filters, so i dont understand whats causing it =(

And btw, after adding this taxi script, my other menus in the scroll menu are no longer working when leaving spawn areas where call cab is allowed. My Event Menu to call airdrops shows and works as intended when im in range to Call Cab, but as soon as i leave the zone to call cab my Event Menu dissapears with the Call Cab. Anyone know why thats happening? Its like they both are synced now and only work when in call cab zone.

hard to say without knowing how your event menu works. But there is nothing in the taxiscript that should remove your addaction. However, addactions are removed by epoch, if you attach it to a player. 

I got mine to work but only "admins" can use it.

Whenever a player goes in to the area the Script activates and player gets Autoban by Epoch AH. isnt there a way to add this script to Whitelist on AHconfig ?

Hence why i said in the first post that it wont work with epoch ah. I dont think whitelisting would help, but you are welcome to try it. 

Ok, so i think i have gotten all these setvariables added aswell now, atleast there is no more kicks :P

Im just wondering, how long is the  taxi occupied after i take a ride? Been waiting at central spawn for quite some time now to test it again. :P

Also, i changed vehicle to hatchback sport to make the ride a little more exciting :p With speed comes adrenaline :P A few crashes here and there makes the whiskey cab fun =D

fyi, If you want to use hatchback you need to change both in the pbo and in player_cab.sqf. However, I tried using hatchback, hb sport, trucks etc, and the vehicle the AI could handle best was the offroad. 

edit: I didnt answer your question...

The taxi should despawn when you get out of it. I know however that if you delete it using admintools it will be occupied forever, i need to add a check for that i guess. 

hi can you say me how i can make self the waypoints for the taxi  i want add more towns and i want add to chernarus to!

thx for help!

I know 5nine won't mind as he has been tremendously kind and friendly already PM'd me & offered help on it so I can say this here...

I am creating another taxi script, customization is one of the main design goals, you will be able to change taxi fixed destination position, name, icon everything from one master config file. << this is if you prefer "taxi fixed destinations only" service mode.

however, as an alternative, I am planning to add a click-n-go feature so you won't have to add any waypoints. player will hit M to open map, click anywhere on map (must be mainland though, taxis can't fly - just yet) and it will take the player somewhere about there. I haven't started writing this feature yet though so it might take a while. currently I am working on access control lists to control access to realtime map marker updates.

admins should have totalOmniscience seeing all details of all taxis anwhere on the map whereas players should see only see vehicles that are serving them.

hi can you say me how i can make self the waypoints for the taxi  i want add more towns and i want add to chernarus to!

thx for help!

Look inside the serverside pbo (NibbleGaming_Taxis.pbo), there are 3 config files called Cab*_init.sqf, inside you will find this:

_namecab = "nr1"; //needs to be either "nr1", "nr2", "nr3" for now..
_spawnpos = [13178.8, 14481.4, 0]; //where cab spawns
_unitpos = [13180.7, 14583.3,0]; //where driver spawns, (should be close to cab spawn)
_FirstWP = [13295, 14563.6,0]; //just outside trader, where cab waits for players
_dir = 53.2263; //direction of spawned cab

//set destination waypoint positions of cab1
_WP1  = [16169.4, 17369.6,0]; //Telos
_name1  = "telos";
_WP2  = [14015.4, 18573.3,0]; //athira
_name2  = "athira";
_WP3  = [9426.66, 15908.9,0]; //agios
_name3  = "agios";
_WP4 = [11012, 13483.2,0]; //Poliakko
_name4  = "Poliakko";

as you can see I have commented what is what. Just insert your new positions, repack the pbo and you should be good to go. Be careful though and test each spawnposition before you go live. I do have one condition though if you intend to change coordinates to chernarus and that is that you share your positions here so others can use them as well =)

I know 5nine won't mind as he has been tremendously kind and friendly already PM'd me & offered help on it so I can say this here...

I am creating another taxi script, customization is one of the main design goals, you will be able to change taxi fixed destination position, name, icon everything from one master config file. << this is if you prefer "taxi fixed destinations only" service mode.

however, as an alternative, I am planning to add a click-n-go feature so you won't have to add any waypoints. player will hit M to open map, click anywhere on map (must be mainland though, taxis can't fly - just yet) and it will take the player somewhere about there. I haven't started writing this feature yet though so it might take a while. currently I am working on access control lists to control access to realtime map marker updates.

admins should have totalOmniscience seeing all details of all taxis anwhere on the map whereas players should see only see vehicles that are serving them.

Im really looking forward to see this =) And as I said, you are more than welcome to use any part of my script. 

I added all filters BE .
and I have a restriction # 0 " callcab " = " CAB2 " in publicvarable.log

why?

my publicvariableval.txtoriginal

5 "call" !"callcab"

5 "compile"
5 "spawn"
5 "exec"
5 "loadFile"
5 "preprocessFile"
5 "tostring"
5 "\.sqf"
1 ""
5 "" !="IL_SetMass" !="IL_SetScore" !="EPOCH_(UP|SAVE|PAINT|MAINT)BUILD" !="EPOCH_(say3D|switchMove|storeCrypto|TEMPOBJ|packJack)_PVS" !="EPOCH_(load|revive|dead|push)Player_PVS" !="EPOCH_(build|equipped)Item_PVS" !="EPOCH_GROUP_(Upgrade|Player|create|Delete|Invite)_PVS" !="EPOCH_(lock|pack)Storage_PVS" !="EPOCH_(unlock|lock|fill|repair)Vehicle_PVS" !="EPOCH_(knockDownTree|destroyTrash|MAKETRADEREQ|MAKETRADE|S_S_VEHICLES|MAKENPCTRADE|oneWayTP)" !="EPOCH_Loot(Animal|Container|Building)" !="IL_SetScore"

my publicvariabl.txt

5 "" !="EPOCH_(UP|SAVE|PAINT|MAINT)BUILD" !="EPOCH_(say3D|switchMove|storeCrypto|TEMPOBJ|packJack)_PVS" !="EPOCH_(load|revive|dead|push)Player_PVS" !="EPOCH_(build|equipped)Item_PVS" !="EPOCH_GROUP_(Upgrade|Player|create|Delete|Invite)_PVS" !="EPOCH_(lock|pack)Storage_PVS" !="EPOCH_(unlock|lock|fill|repair)Vehicle_PVS" !="EPOCH_(knockDownTree|destroyTrash|MAKETRADEREQ|MAKETRADE|S_S_VEHICLES|MAKENPCTRADE|oneWayTP)" !="EPOCH_Loot(Animal|Container|Building)" !="EPAH_[a-z]{5,10}" !="IL_SetMass" !="IL_SetScore" !"PVAHR_0_" !="PVAH_AdminReq" !="HasEarplugMenu" !="\"cab1\"" !="\"cab2\"" !="\"cab3\""

i remove "call" from line 1 at publicvariableval.txtoriginal

but again i have the restriction

the file publicvariableval.txtoriginal is not used, you need to add the exceptions in publicvariableval.txt 

and dont remove "call" from that file, add exceptions instead, otherwise your server will be vulnerable 

• vbawol unpinned this topic