Feedback / Personal Impressions 0.2.5.2

marv

Hello,

First things first: i am not a native english speaker, so please forgive me if i am writing not in perfect english. oh, and please forgive me if this is the wrong forum, to me the feedback forum seems to be right.

To start i would like to thank the epoch team for their work. i know this is not a final product or something like this and i am aware of the circumstances that many things are subject to change in the future. because of this i would like to write my opinion and hopefully some of this will find the way into later versions. i do not mean anything harmful or in an offensive way.

#1 multigun

since i started a3 epoch i asked myself "why the hell will a gun heal or revive players or fix broken vehicles?". actually we do have 4 items, the gun itself, heal attachment, revive attachment and repair attachment. in my opinion the gun can be removed, one item less, and replace the attachments with stuff like "first aid kit", "vehicle parts" and "defibrilator" - 2 of them are already part of the game.

#2 energy

i dont really get it. why should a player need energy to place base buildings? my opinion is, as long as a player is healthy and has the right amount of nutrition he should be able to build something, just like we people are in "real life " (although i dont like to compare a game to real life at all). and getting energy by driving a car (for example) is... well, kind of hilarious. for me energy is not the best concept.

#3 jammer

is there are real reason why the jammer is that huge? i mean, it says written in neon letters "here is someones base, take a look at me". you can litteraly spot it from really huge distances most of the time, especially on altis. just make it smaller so that it can at least fit into a normal building, full cinder wall height.

#4 unprotected trader (Safezones)

personally i would never go to an unprotected trader as long as i do not have to. what poop is for a fly is an unprotected trader for trolls, camper and similar players. ive played arma 2 epoch for a pretty long time and i know from experience that there is always one or more players that are just waiting to troll you hard.

#5 starting in underwear.

yay, i usually find first a vest, then a backpack, and after half an hour finally some kind of cloth. i dont see disadvantages to let a player start with some civilian cloth. this is just a very personal opinion. i litterally start laughing whenever i see a player ingame with a higher caliber weapon but no clothes. it looks so damn stupid.

#6 destruction of bases

as far as i know there isnt a base building part like cinder walls, wood walls etc that can not be destroyed. again, this is just my personal opinion, but as long as there is no option to secure at least some kind of base material its not worth to build a base. sooner or later someone will find your base and place some nice satchel charges. yes, i know you can say that it is realistic, but to be honest, the point why many players play a mod like epoch is the fact that you can build an own base as a storage device and does not have to start from zero.

final words

these are just thoughts and my personal preference. i do not claim to be "right" or something like this, but i would really appreciate if a dev can take a look at the input i wrote.

thanks for reading.