Anyone else been weirdly global banned?

carl101

I can honestly say i have not actually "played" epoch in, well getting on for 12months since running servers, i generally log into my server and find a quiet corner and just build until someone needs admin help ect ect.

Anyways, i load the game up this morning to test this

and i am hit with a global ban #c0258e, so im like okay, il quickly try my daughters game boom global ban #139c34.

like ok, so i'm now waiting on a response from BE.

in the mean time im going to run some scans on my pc!

anyone else been having fun ?

I can honestly say i have not actually "played" epoch in, well getting on for 12months since running servers, i generally log into my server and find a quiet corner and just build until someone needs admin help ect ect.

Anyways, i load the game up this morning to test this

and i am hit with a global ban #c0258e, so im like okay, il quickly try my daughters game boom global ban #139c34.

like ok, so i'm now waiting on a response from BE.

in the mean time im going to run some scans on my pc!

anyone else been having fun ?

You cannot be global banned from scripts running on the server or through the mission file as they are not core arma files. The only way you could of been banned is if you were hacking or have some sort of malware on your pc that is interfering with the arma2 exe . The best thing todo is not email battleye but contact able on the bi forums http://forums.bistudio.com/member.php?17183-ableThis was the only way i got in contact with battleye. Good luck.

You cannot be global banned from scripts running on the server or through the mission file as they are not core arma files. The only way you could of been banned is if you were hacking or have some sort of malware on your pc that is interfering with the arma2 exe . The best thing todo is not email battleye but contact able on the bi forums http://forums.bistudio.com/member.php?17183-ableThis was the only way i got in contact with battleye. Good luck.

Hi, I'm aware of what can and what can't ban you, I was just explaining what I was doing at the time, I'm 100% on the path of stolen keys as my daughters has been banned too which has been also used on my PC but only maybe 3 times tops.

Just waiting for BE to get back to me

daughters has been banned too which has been also used on my PC but only maybe 3 times tops.

So your daughter has been banned 3 times by BE and you don't see a problem here? Have you thought of checking your computer, or maybe doing a reinstall of your OS to make sure it's clear? If you guys keep getting banned, it's not a false positive.

I think he wants to say that he have played with the key of his daughter 3 times on his pc, not she has been banned 3 times.

But doing a OS reinstall is a good idea you not only profit of a clean computer with all that dirty viruses deletet you profit from a faster system too (for maybe 4weeks) ;)

Yeah i would think maybe some one one downloaded a key stealer on your pc , or what ebay said. if you have a key stealer on your pc i would probably do a reinstall since its pretty hard to find the key stealer and it will not show up as a virus , you can also lock down your registry for arma 2 so no program can change the key but that will only do so much

I never said her account has been banned 3 times, I said her account has maybe been used on my PC 3 times tops.

Anyways this is sorted now, BE got back to me and it was down to keys being stolen (which I thought as both went within 10mins of each other trying to connect to my own server)