Finalizing server! Looking to disable fatigue, add some stock Arma vehicles, fix map markers for AI missions

imranh101

Question

UPDATE : Alrightguys, I have ironed out all but two issues.

One : Still cannot disable fatigue for the life of me. Have tried 3-4 different fixes and all cause script restrictions > kick on server join.

Two : The Smoke launcher on the Ifrit causes weapon restriction kick. I have tried adding "SmokeLauncherMag" and "SmokeLauncherAmmo" to the allowed weapons and it's still causing the same problem. At this point I'd even be willing to just disable the smoke launcher completely and just keep the Ifrit with the HMG. Smoke Launcher not needed.

20 answers to this question

One : Still cannot disable fatigue for the life of me. Have tried 3-4 different fixes and all cause script restrictions > kick on server join.

Why do you even want to remove one of the mechanics of the game? Removing Fatigue will render Stamina useless, which leads to Some Food and Drink items being useless. I just dont see the benefit that you would possibly gain there. 

Two : The Smoke launcher on the Ifrit causes weapon restriction kick. I have tried adding "SmokeLauncherMag" and "SmokeLauncherAmmo" to the allowed weapons and it's still causing the same problem. At this point I'd even be willing to just disable the smoke launcher completely and just keep the Ifrit with the HMG. Smoke Launcher not needed.

What is the restrict you are getting, and why are you not adjusting your BE filters for it? If you are getting a restriction kick, your logs will have EVERYTHING you need to adjust your filters. 

Why do you even want to remove one of the mechanics of the game? Removing Fatigue will render Stamina useless, which leads to Some Food and Drink items being useless. I just dont see the benefit that you would possibly gain there. 

What is the restrict you are getting, and why are you not adjusting your BE filters for it? If you are getting a restriction kick, your logs will have EVERYTHING you need to adjust your filters. 

In a game where you have to spend half an hour running, multiple times daily, Fatigue is annoying. This is not just my preference but the preference of a dozen people that I'm playing with. And I know it's possible having played on a few other servers that did it.

And I did add the smoke launcher to the required files and I'm still getting kicked. All it says in RPT is "playerDisconnected:Playername" and in the log it says Script Restriction #9.

If you actually read the post that fr1nk posted, it'll point you in the right direction. Trial and error.

I have already read through it. Multiple times. Hence how I got all the CAS weapons and Pawnee weapons working just fine. The only problem is the smoke on the Ifrit. Thanks for being worthless.

I have already read through it. Multiple times. Hence how I got all the CAS weapons and Pawnee weapons working just fine. The only problem is the smoke on the Ifrit. Thanks for being worthless.

Calling people worthless surely won't get you far here... Good luck with everything, hope it works out for you. :)

Did you read it on the forum here only, or did you read it in the original poster forum location? 

I, on purpose, only posted the first post of two (or was it three) that gives the _COMPLETE_ info. If you only read the info on epochmod.com, then you missed out. 

In a game where you have to spend half an hour running, multiple times daily, Fatigue is annoying. This is not just my preference but the preference of a dozen people that I'm playing with. And I know it's possible having played on a few other servers that did it.

And I did add the smoke launcher to the required files and I'm still getting kicked. All it says in RPT is "playerDisconnected:Playername" and in the log it says Script Restriction #9.

Fatigue is a nuisance when you run out of Stamina. Stamina can be increased by Eating and Drinking certain Epoch Food and Drink. After eating and drinking 2-3 times, you wont have this issue unless you die often. Then it becomes one of the prices you pay for getting yourself dead.

Removing it because 12 people thinks the mechanic should not be there, sounds like effort to create an easy-mode game...

Did you read it on the forum here only, or did you read it in the original poster forum location? 

I, on purpose, only posted the first post of two (or was it three) that gives the _COMPLETE_ info. If you only read the info on epochmod.com, then you missed out. 

Fatigue is a nuisance when you run out of Stamina. Stamina can be increased by Eating and Drinking certain Epoch Food and Drink. After eating and drinking 2-3 times, you wont have this issue unless you die often. Then it becomes one of the prices you pay for getting yourself dead.

Removing it because 12 people thinks the mechanic should not be there, sounds like effort to create an easy-mode game...

I read the entire 3-page long post that was on opendayz.net . Still hasn't fixed the problem.

I've played on servers that have had it disabled and had 50+ players at all times of day. Easy mode or not people clearly enjoy the feature. I know how drinking/eating works. Am I not allowed to host a server how I want? I like how this has turned from "Help with Servers" thread to "Bash someone because I don't know how to help him or agree with him" thread. 

Calling people worthless surely won't get you far here... Good luck with everything, hope it works out for you. :)

Telling me to do something I've done 5 times IS worthless. You've been about as useful as an idiot on the other end of the phone saying "Did you try rebooting your computer?" when someone's monitor is cracked. Thanks for the good wishes though!

I did add the smoke launcher to the required files and I'm still getting kicked. All it says in RPT is "playerDisconnected:Playername" and in the log it says Script Restriction #9.

If you could take the time to actually post the log of the restriction kick that you are getting, together with the actual change you put in your filter, that would be helpful if you want to get some troubleshooting going.

If you could take the time to actually post the log of the restriction kick that you are getting, together with the actual change you put in your filter, that would be helpful if you want to get some troubleshooting going.

22:30:47 Player X connected (id=76561198052994540).
22:30:47 BattlEye Server: Verified GUID (zzz) of player #0 X
22:31:59 BattlEye Server: Script Log: #0 X (zzz) - #9 "okeg setVectorUp (_Gvel call BIS_fnc_unitVector);
22:31:59   _smokeg setVelocity _Gvel;
22:31:59   _shells set [count _shells, _smokeg];
22:31:59   };
22:31:59   
22:31:59   
22:31:59   _shells "
22:31:59 Player X kicked off by BattlEye: Script Restriction #9
22:31:59 Player X disconnected.

And in my createvehicle, !="SmokeLauncherAmmo"

You get kicked for a script restriction for setVelocity, why do You add something to Your createvehicle.txt then?

You clearly did not understand, how BE filters and logfiles "work".

Kick for script restriction:

scripts.log + scripts.txt

Kick for createvehicle restriction:

createvehicle.log + createvehicle.txt

etc.

Now take the appropriate .log and .txt files, pack them in one .zip archive and attach it to Your post.

Greez KiloSwiss

You get kicked for a script restriction for setVelocity, why do You add something to Your createvehicle.txt then?

You clearly did not understand, how BE filters and logfiles "work".

Kick for script restriction:

scripts.log + scripts.txt

Kick for createvehicle restriction:

createvehicle.log + createvehicle.txt

etc.

Now take the appropriate .log and .txt files, pack them in one .zip archive and attach it to Your post.

Greez KiloSwiss

Okay so, before I look into the Smoke issues, there is another problem now... Since BEC went down, server was acting up and hadn't restarted in 12 hours. Close it down and restart and one of the massive buildings we built is half-gone. As in the 2nd floor is there but the 1st floor and 3rd are missing. What? So I pull up a backup of when it was KNOWN  WORKING and the same parts are missing... I have BEC running off local host now and working alright but one of these buildings that we spent days on is now half-there, floating... Any idea what I can do to fix it? And what might have caused it? As I said the backup is known working because we restored to it just fine last night after some other issues. But now the same backup is missing parts?

Thanks in advance :)

Heh. Someone wasn't upkeeping our frequency jammer so it decayed.

No chance to bring em' back I'm guessing?