The road to 0.3.0

Tobias Solem

I personally think that each player should only be allowed to place one jammer and no more.  If the database has an entry indicating they have a jammer placed then simply they should not be allowed to place another.

Do players really need more than one base?

it's more about where they put that base and if the jammer can be configurable to lower the amount of loot being stopped away from there base.

Building in places that swarm loot normally means your vics will blow up at some stage, so alot of players are build free standing bases so i dont see the point of this stopping loot with jammers. it's only going to stop other players from being able to loot in a 600m circle from your base. on a map like chernarus it wont be long till there is nowere to loot as you can overlap the range of jammers.

I hope so, because I asked Axeman to remove me from the official hosts group because I wanted to run more than just vanilla with a couple config changes and didn't feel an official host should be running things that change the base Epoch gameplay. It doesn't seem right to have an official hosts group but not require anyone to adhere to any specific guidelines.

I find it interesting how you've changed.  You were a big pusher of 'official' hosting.  I see the low server population made you change your mind.

Who cares if its official or unofficial... The devs can pick and choose who gets the files first for some stress testing.  

The road hit a massive pot hole, they made BDTZ a moderator :rolleyes:

Stop the bus, I want to get off :P

Well he is a nice guy. And he has been reporting post in the wrong forum, spammers, etc. almost daily trying to help us clean up the forums. So I say Welcome BetterDeadthenZed. Glad to have you!!

With rope and sticks and pieces of rock (which you get by using a sledge on any rock in the game) you can craft a makeshift stone axe or maul.

Not gonna lie. I read this and imagined a caveman trying to start a fire and looking up in disbelief as a UAV dialed in AI from the sky. 

Poor caveman... he never even knew what was happening! 

Edit: Sorry... bit of a necro extraction there, realized it after posting it later, lol

Not gonna lie. I read this and imagined a caveman trying to start a fire and looking up in disbelief as a UAV dialed in AI from the sky. 

Poor caveman... he never even knew what was happening! 

Edit: Sorry... bit of a necro extraction there, realized it after posting it later, lol

I read the crafting axe this way

Rust

I read the rock monster this way

The Hobbit

I read the new creature on 2 legs that spews, this way

Slaughterhouse for the megadrive.

I read the...........................

:p

I personally think that each player should only be allowed to place one jammer and no more.  If the database has an entry indicating they have a jammer placed then simply they should not be allowed to place another.

Do players really need more than one base?

Most bases have multiple jammers to help prevent an easy takeover.   I saw one in the process of being built from the air and they had dropped 3 already.

So, on the road to 0.3.0... it says that the building materials (walls/floors) will now go into the ground without consequence. 

Am I to assume that maybe this means that you'll be able to anchor building materials into OTHER world objects as well? (aka: Rocks, Sides of Buildings, Towers, etc?)

(let the speculation begin)

So, on the road to 0.3.0... it says that the building materials (walls/floors) will now go into the ground without consequence. 

Am I to assume that maybe this means that you'll be able to anchor building materials into OTHER world objects as well? (aka: Rocks, Sides of Buildings, Towers, etc?)

(let the speculation begin)

i think that was self explanatory! :-P

Also adding from what i've seen the ability to "Smash" the yellow singular pallets from the altis map with a sledgehammer to recieve cinder blocks. So for the cherno and taviana hosters i'd start adding those around the map :)

and metal from scrap vics around the map from what i've heard

I'm happy to see that building will be updated but I really think the frequency jammer needs to be changed to something smaller.  If you take out physics - people will just bury it.  What's the point of having it that large if i can just bury it?

Im pretty sure the jammer will still have physics. I believe its only the actual building pieces that can clip into the ground now.

Don't know if it's something they can fix but while some are talking about the items stacking feature for the traders.....

For players items currently stack.. but clicking on them to move them is a bit of a pain as the item doesn't statically stay in it's current inventory position.  It moves when you are right clicking on it or actively moving it and it's numbers reduce.

I have tried to pin point what condition is being met for the item to move in the inventory list but haven't related it to anything.

Wonder if that's something Epoch dev's can look at.

Hopefully I described it good enough to grasp what I'm talking about.

+ A take all-button

Darn just got this , after moving all the wood & scrap metal in the huron

finger-building-7330813.jpg

And then the plot pole(jammer) issue , is it possible just to spawn in food/cans/rubbish or old fashion zombies either u die coz of lack of excersise if not by kissing a zed

Within a reasonable circle say 50m radius