The road to 0.3.0

Tobias Solem

I hope so, because I asked Axeman to remove me from the official hosts group because I wanted to run more than just vanilla with a couple config changes and didn't feel an official host should be running things that change the base Epoch gameplay. It doesn't seem right to have an official hosts group but not require anyone to adhere to any specific guidelines.

Kind of agree, if you bang on about wanting it tested on vanilla, by official hosts, then all of them should be bog standard vanilla for testing. I'm sure that's what will happen though. After all, they make a point of pushing that line on another topic that got closed. Something to do with getting results that wern't tainted by other scripts running, they were quite adamant about it for testing, so I'm sure they will mean it for this also.

I agree. I've been pestering AWOL about this as well, the thing is that "official host" isn't exactly attractive unless you get some sort of benefit being an official host. I suppose a part of that benefit is going to be "early access", and possibly getting to run "certain approved scripts". I have heard no final words there though, I shall ask AWOL.

I couldn't do anything with the early access anyway because my server is hosted with VertHosting, so it's not like I could upgrade it myself.

Tobias Solem

Are you going for the Job of AWOL's official secretary/personal assistant :-).  :D

I don't mind, several other admins and people on these forums are frustrated and I asked him if I could divulge what I've seen/have been told. Naturally I also hope I can garner some attention to WTP again from doing so.

Just awesome!! Love the new features planned!! A "Take All" button, sweet! I also love the idea of revamping the build system, all we need is the ability to overlap objects like we did in Arma2. Plus the Frequency Jammer preventing loot from spawning, brilliant!

Any chance of being able to sell the weapon you are currently holding? Maybe the option to sell anything your character has on them? Also the ability to sell skins at traders would be nice!

Keep up the excellent work devs and official servers!!

:D

About the wipe it is only suggested not required. This is due to the addition of expiry on unused Trader Data as we had some reports about some stale data causing minor data bloat.

So the assumption here is that items will be deleted from traders after a certain period of time with the new version? Will it be configurable?

What about trader menus? Will we still have to scroll through a few hundred flashlights and pistol mags to find what we're looking for?

I read that the traders will have categories with the new version.

Yeah, Tobias, does the rock monster have a preferred name? I don't want to call him something he doesn't like. And Tobias....thanks, seriously, thanks. It's been a lonely, cold, dark old forum recently.

Thus far the testing name is "The Construct" there is going to be back-story in the game. There's a video of it from axeman's twitch-channel, where you also can see one of the new multi-part missions "The General's Daughter"

http://www.twitch.tv/andgregor/c/6011630

What about trader menus? Will we still have to scroll through a few hundred flashlights and pistol mags to find what we're looking for?

I saw in Sequisha's stream when he was testing 0.3.0 that the items were at least stacked, and he didn't show of any category system that I saw, although that may still be implemented. 

This sounds fantastic. Always patient for updates, these guys work their asses off. Don't forget to buy them a beer or ten.

If there was an Amazon drone beer delivery service, I'd have a case flown to them immediately. 

But then again... it might get shot down, lest they fear that AI were going to spawn in and take the beer away from them. ;-)

Sigh, Obviously you are missing the boat.

Stress testing on full 100 man servers, is there any official hosts who manage that feat bar maybe mells? It's hardly going to be stress testing on empty servers. Which is the part that baffles me.

Hence why i said it in the first place, whether it's changed or not has bog all to do with why i said it.

It will be interesting to see what they add in the next patch.

Have a good day.

yeah, you have to realize there are a lot of people who anticipate these patches. Everyone's been off playing h1z1, but they'll be flooding back in once they catch wind that 0.3 is released. Inform your community to save a separate @epoch folder in case they want to jump back on your server while the testing is going on. Some people simply don't understand and wonder why they can't join a server lol.

Thus far the testing name is "The Construct" there is going to be back-story in the game. There's a video of it from axeman's twitch-channel, where you also can see one of the new multi-part missions "The General's Daughter"

http://www.twitch.tv/andgregor/c/6011630

I'm not sold on that thing tbh, but let's not derail the thread. Thanks for the link.

Looks good.

Curious if the revamped building system will include the following:

1. Move or Remove tipi's / shelves

2. Destroy existing building items.

Keep up the good work fellas!

I was watching orangesherbert twitch stream the other day and saw that wood materials will be desconstructable giving you back 100% of the materials used to build them and cinder walls will give you back 50% of the materials used to build. This I cannot 100% confirm to be accurate and in the .3.0 release but I saw it with my own eyes and can confirm that it's atleast something they are considering?

Also traders had items stacked last I saw on the same stream. it would be "Red Gull (23)" indicating there were 23 red gulls in the traders inventory.