The road to 0.3.0

Tobias Solem

It's optional for the jammer to be required, i'll disable the requirement so players can build a secure base and THEN place the jammer down, if it could be moved afterwards the it would be enabled.

Even if you don't make it possible to build without a jammer; you could always have an admin delete and allow them to place it where they want.

Any possibility to allow Tipee Tents, Shelves and Frequencies Jammers to be moved/replaced?

You can do that now.   On the Ironhorsegaming servers they have scripts to pack up Jammers, shelf kits and tipi's and redeploy them anywhere.   It's great for remodeling.  

The servers have some of the best custom scripts and custom missions I've seen yet for Arma 3 Epoch. 

http://ironhorsegaming.enjin.com/

Has looting through walls been fixed yet? Did a quick thread search but could not find.

this is just bad base design, use cinder or turn the wood wall around so the metal in on the inside

I agree with One Eye

btw. I'm bias as its my new "home"

Edited by itsatrap

Updated:

[Added] Wood and cinder base objects now show damage state when over 50% damaged.

[Added] Car Jack item added to every fresh spawned vehicle.

[Added] Can now loot a dead UAV Drone and in return get Electronic components.

[Changed] Fireplace recipe changed to require 2 Rocks and 1 Stick to make empty fireplace. Then upgrade with 1 Wood Log to start the fire.

[Fixed] Sharks not spawning off shipwrecks.

Alright, loot off the drones! Always found that disappointing. "Give me some metal scraps or something!" XD

So, when there's persistent damage to a building part (wall/floor/etc), does maintaining the base via the frequency jammer reset all of the pieces to 100% health? 

And to understand it correctly... if you damage a wall to 95% and then the server restarts, you can come back and (as long as the base owner has not maintained their frequency jammer in the meantime) do 6% more damage in the next restart and that piece will falter? 

Thanks,

Looking forward to seeing the changes YAY

**BUT** always a but yes I know..

Would have been nice to here this from the DEV direct but hay ho some information is better than none..

Not sure why the official host get this first I understand the need for feedback from trusted hosts but it means the smaller communities are going to suffer again as no doubt everyone will update to the new build and then won't be able to join the smaller community servers  as they will be on wrong versions (yes we can tell them not to update but who listens anyway).. My personal take is if the smaller hubs want to run "bleeding edge" with no support and feedback channel let them why not ?.  Just seems to be a little preferential.

Also would it not be good to allow people who are activly developing mods/addons like AI to have it sooner as well so they can test the code before the comunity starts yelling "it does not work" ?. Just a thought 

DB wipe... :-) hahaha my community will love this I have been telling them it will come soon :-) 

Limited number of Beta Testers is a thing of the past (commercial software development pre-GitHub era). Epoch (like any other free software) should be transparent about it and allow anyone to download, test, play with and host servers.

Here is our latest alpha/beta version, we don't have the time to provide support so you're on your own! << is a perfectly valid thing to understand

Here is our latest alpha/beta version but only the lucky few can get the code for a while, sorry! << this limitation is not helping the project at all. A big step backwards from Epochs open/community project nature which we all love.

edit:

Well now the new changelog is available we can stop guessing and discuss it :)

I'm well impressed, some massive changes and i'm looking forward to it :D

I did notice some bugs are not mentioned or fixed :unsure: things like :

* Vehicles explode when you approach them

* vehicles get stuck in the ground

* Vehicles that float, shooting will fix but it still damages them

Hopefully a passing Dev will reply :) maybe the changelog isn't yet finished

I too am looking forward to seeing these 3 bugs fixed before the next release. great work team, keep it up! :)

... it's always been that way. They want to work out any obvious bugs before releasing it to the 9001 private servers being run by noobs who try running any script they can get their hands on and/or screw up the installation process and then overload the forums with dozens of the same posts.

Not to sound like someone foaming at the mouth or anything but why can't people grasp how this works? They just need a few days of testing to make sure the release isn't going to break your shit. It's not special treatment, it's a testing process in a controlled environment. It'll be a available soon enough. Christ almighty chillax mofos lol.

... it's always been that way. They want to work out any obvious bugs before releasing it to the 9001 private servers being run by noobs who try running any script they can get their hands on and/or screw up the installation process and then overload the forums with dozens of the same posts.

Not to sound like someone foaming at the mouth or anything but why can't people grasp how this works. Chillax mofos, they just need a few days of testing to make sure the release isn't going to break your shit. It's not special treatment, it's a testing process in a controlled environment. It'll be a available soon enough. Christ almighty.

If anyone doesn't like the fact that the official hosts get the files first, just ask for your server to become an official server and you'll be in.